Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I Blogged and Need Opinions!

I voted. I like the recolored elements. When I sit down to scrap I want everything all ready for me lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I voted in your poll as well and left a comment because it's a great topic. As I was typing my response, I tought of something else that got me wondering. How about solid papers?

I've gone back and forth on this in my kits so I'm wondering what your opinion is on the solid papers in a kit. Do you like all the colors of the palette represented in the solid papers with the same texture or do you prefer all the colors but with different textures? I flip flop on this and tend to include most of colors with the same texture. Or perhaps you prefer to only have a few of the main colors that go with several of the patterened papers. Questions, questions, questions!
    My Store

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Kathy!

I go back and forth about papers, too. If my palette has four or less colors then I usually just go ahead and make solids from all of them, but if there are more than that in my palette then I choose a light neutral, a dark color for contrast, and then one or two others. I often rotate 2 or 3 textures on all of my papers to tie them together, but switch up the overlays I use to roughen them up with, so that they don't look too much the same. Even if papers have the same basic texture I try to make sure they aren't exactly the same (rotate or flip the overlay, add different grunge overlays, etc). That's just my own preference, though!

Post Thanks / Like

I love solids of every main color in a kit; I use the solid papers to pull colors to recolor the elements rotfl! Just my humble opinion.
    Pinterest Twitter
    Siggy created with GS's Dia de los Muertos Monthly Mix

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SATW View Post
    I love solids of every main color in a kit; I use the solid papers to pull colors to recolor the elements rotfl! Just my humble opinion.
    I agree and I want to make solids in every color, but I don't want the kit to end up with too many papers and sometimes my palettes are quite large. I normally put 12 papers in a kit and if there were 6 solids I would only have room for 6 patterned papers. Would you feel at all cheated by getting half solids and half patterned? Or in that case, should I just add more papers? How many is too may?

Maybe I should just stop thinking about it. LOL The more I think about it, the more unsure I am about the way I do things. Maybe I should just be satisfied that some people like my kits the way they are?

Post Thanks / Like

Ellie you are a superstar! You make beautiful kits and I think you should keep doing what you are doing as long as it makes you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    Maybe I should just stop thinking about it. LOL The more I think about it, the more unsure I am about the way I do things. Maybe I should just be satisfied that some people like my kits the way they are?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    I agree and I want to make solids in every color, but I don't want the kit to end up with too many papers and sometimes my palettes are quite large. I normally put 12 papers in a kit and if there were 6 solids I would only have room for 6 patterned papers. Would you feel at all cheated by getting half solids and half patterned? Or in that case, should I just add more papers? How many is too may?

Oh my gosh, I couldn't agree more. I over think what I'm doing all the time, which is why I'm such a slow designer. I've been asking myself for awhile, how many papers are too many? I've been slowly inching up in my count because I want to add a lot of variety when it comes to patterened papers but still cover the solids as well. I think after reading some of the discussion here, I'm going to stick with a good variety of patterened papers and then one neutral and several of the primary colors of the palette.

Good discussion everyone. Thank you for your comments and insight!
    My Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12