Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Learning to eat healthy

Congrats, Char! That is awesome!!!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

I just re-read what I wrote, and it didn't make sense,lol. What I meant was I don't like plain yogurt so I have to have flavored yogurt. I love greek yogurt which is more points than regular yogurt. No fruits don't cost you any points. I hope that makes better sense. congrats with your weight loss that is fantastic. I am on my 7th week and got weighed in last night and I had gained 1.4 so I am not happy about it, but I will do better this week, it is very frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura View Post
    How come the fruit costs you points? I thought it didn't count?

Post Thanks / Like

That is awesome Char!!!! My goal is to get below that number also but it is going to take me awhile, but it will happen eventually.

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there Lisa...I hate weeks when you gain or only barely lose, its so disappointing....but try to think about all the healthy food you put into your body this week instead of all the junk that you (or often me LOL) were putting in there! Next week you might lose double, sometimes thats how it works

Post Thanks / Like

I may have already shared this, but I started on a low carb diet back in March of 2010. Shortly after that I got an app on my iphone called C25K. Its a running program designed to get one off the Couch and running a 5K in 8 weeks. I had never Jogged before and am 53 years young. I lost a total of 40 pounds but have gained about 8 back over the holidays and our recent trip to Hawaii. I was up to running at my peak, 4 miles 3 or 4 times a week! I am still a avid jogger and now have my hubby running with me. We try to jog at least 3 times a week. I have gone from a 16 to a 10. If I can do it any of you youngsters can! I really recommend the app. I also use a program to track my miles ran along with the time so now, I can work on increasing my pace as I continue my trek to great health! I'm wanting to get these cool shoes.. any of yall heard of vibrams 5fingers shoes? My son has them and I think they are on my wish list! Live Healthy! T

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Teri that is so amazing!! Good for you!!

Post Thanks / Like

Teri I have that!!! I actually never used it though I should and now that you've mentioned it, I might just try it out!

Post Thanks / Like

I moved this thread.... to our new "Healthy Kitchen" folder in the forum, for all healthy related topics....we are all gonna get skinny together ladies!

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't read all through this thread yet. I have been learning to eat healthy for the past couple months. I did a 24 day challenge recently and lost 6.5 lbs I don't think being skinny means you are healthy though. I am not a big girl. I started working out last november. I have never worked out much in my life. Pretty unactive all together. I ate fast food at least 5 times a week prior to this challenge which I started in january. I ate whatever I felt like, but never over did it so I didn't gain too much wieght. I never ate breakfast and would eat minimal for lunch, then just eat garbage at night.

So anyway... I am learning how to eat right, when to eat and what to eat. Along with excersize. I am loving it. I have never felt better in my life and I can see MUSCLES! WHoo hoo.. Anyway... going to have to read through this thread and I am looking forward to this and being able to share and read what everyone else is doing

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast