Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Learning to eat healthy

Hey everyone... me again ;)

I've decided that I'm sick of being stagnant with my weight and so I joined weight watchers! I don't have a great deal to lose but I've set my goal and I'm determined to get to it! Today was my second day and I'll be honest... it's not as easy as I thought! I'm learning a whole new way to eat and I have a severe sweet tooth which doesn't help at all.

So, have any of you tried it before? If so, wanna share any tips to help curb my sweet tooth?! Any and all help would be great!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Learning to eat healthy

I'm doing Take Shape for Life and I did it because of my terrible sweet tooth! Without doing the TSFL program, three tips I can give you are:
    1. The first three days are the worst, you are in sugar withdrawals! Its a fact, don't laugh!
    2. Increase your protein and lower your carbs overall, you will feel fuller longer between eating.
    3. Eat every few hours small meals or snacks instead of 3 large meals a day. And ALWAYS eat breakfast!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean, Laura! I've been trying to loose some of my extra weight for queit some time but I just looove sweets to much. Now I'm following a program where I get a certain amount of kilojoules/calories per day dependent on how much I wish to loose and it helps me eat proper meals, not just candy. And the best part is that I usually have kilojoules/calories to eat a little chocolate or drink coca cola in the evening.

I would avice you to buy some chocolate with a high cocoa percentage (70% or more) and allow yourself to enjoy a little a day (two pieces or less). Don't buy anything else candylike - if it's not in your house, it's too much trouble to get it And NEVER enter a grocery when your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

I just started weight watchers on January 5 and unfortunately I do have a lot to lose like over a hundred pounds. It is very hard but it does get easier. I have lost 11 pounds so far but seem to be stuck on that number. I have been very impressed with weight watchers so far, I always stay for the meetings because they do help and hearing everyone else's stories are inspiring. When I first started I did not care for the meeting I was attending and I almost quit weight watchers but then a friend of mine suggested another place and I absolutely love it and look forward to going every week. I use the ww etools online and I use a lot of recipes from the site and do all my weight tracking online. I have to say I am terrible at tracking my points but I kind of know in my head what I am using. I have a sweet tooth as well and oh my goodness the weight watcher ice cream sandwiches are to die for, they are expensive but they are only a few points and so worth it. I am glad to see that someone else is doing the program and I wish you the best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura View Post
    Hey everyone... me again ;)

I've decided that I'm sick of being stagnant with my weight and so I joined weight watchers! I don't have a great deal to lose but I've set my goal and I'm determined to get to it! Today was my second day and I'll be honest... it's not as easy as I thought! I'm learning a whole new way to eat and I have a severe sweet tooth which doesn't help at all.

So, have any of you tried it before? If so, wanna share any tips to help curb my sweet tooth?! Any and all help would be great!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure about how weight watchers work, but I've fought with my weight for ages. Sugar withdrawls are the worst for the first few days, but it does get better. My suggestion is to stay as busy as possible so you don't notice it quite as much! Find healthy foods which hit the same "sweet tooth" (or sometimes the body is actually craving the carb portion of the sweets, but they are pretty much just as bad.) For me I especially use raisins/raisins & peanuts mixed up or banana nut muffins. Switching from bleached flour things to whole wheat things is important too. As is watching your dairy intake. Last month I gave up most of my cheese and all of my milk because somehow my diet had gotten waaaaay too much of it in there.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, it's great to know I'm not alone!! Thanks for the tips everyone

Lisa- it's good to know I'm not alone in this feeling haha! I'm only my 3rd day in and I'm struggling a bit with feeling hungry. I am just hoping this gets better and I can eventually feel fuller longer. maybe we should swap ideas for meals and keep each other on track!?

Post Thanks / Like

That would be awesome Laura. Also most fruits and vegetables don't cost you any points so if you feel hungry grab a piece of fruit. I am addicted to peaches right now and cherries. Greek yogurt I hear is good for you, I have one in the fridge now but haven't dared to try it yet. Of course I should be exercising but I am having a hard time finding an exercise that I enjoy, I honestly don't think it exists but I really need to try a little bit harder. I lost 4.2 pounds last week but had gained 4.2 pounds the week before so I broke even. Very frustrating. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do.
    Do you do the WW online?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I do it all online. I'm not much of a meeting person lol. It's like a game I play with myself though and it's become fun. Just need to get over the hungry feeling so my stomach better shrink SOON! haha

Post Thanks / Like

exactly, it is like a game and you are right it is kind of fun.

Post Thanks / Like

I started up on South Beach again. The thing I like about it is there is no weighing or measuring or counting. No carbs - and the first place you lose the weight is your stomach (my problem area -- well, one of my problem areas).

Carbs make you hungry, carbs make you crave the sugar

If you think about it - back in the olden days (1800s or so) there wasn't carbs. They ate off the land (meat, veggies).

So anyway, that is what I'm doing. I should be at my goal my thanksgiving....I hope...lol
    ~Shannon

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast