Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default I forgot how to add image to post

I haven't uploaded any layouts lately, and I forgot how to put images into my forum posts. Can someone tell me how? I've looked in FAQ but can't seem to locate an answer!

poki

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I forgot how to add image to post

Go to your layout in the gallery, then right click (or for a Mac hit "control" and click) on the image; select "View Image Info"; then highlight what is listed under "Location" (make sure you get it all! ...it should end in ".jpg") and copy it; Go back to your forum post and click on the little icon that looks like a picture of a tree framed; paste the "location" info into the box that pops up!

Now that I type that out, it seems like a lot of steps, but it's pretty quick and easy! This is how I've always done it, so someone else might have a quicker/easier way...

Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like

I think Mam07's directions are for Firefox. If you use Internet Explorer, it is similar, but with slightly different terminology. Right click on the photo and select "Properties" then highlight the "Address" field to copy the link. Put [img] before your link and [/img] after your link to make the image appear in your forum post. If you want to link it to the gallery for credits add [URL = http : // address_of_layout_in_gallery] (without the spaces) before the [img] and [/URL]after the [/img]. Clear as mud? LOL!

4. Thanks wendella247 thanked for this post
    Likes lizzanne liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My quick method for adding my gallery images to my forum posts is: While viewing your layout in the gallery, right-click on the layout, click on "Copy Image Location" [Firefox] or "Properties" & select the URL & Ctrl-C to copy [Internet Explorer]. In the forum, just click on the Insert Image icon above: and paste (Ctrl-V) and click OK. Voila!

My TOU

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this info. Now is there a easy quick way to get to this post so I will always know?? I can't figure it out in Internet Explorer but Firefox worked fine. Just have to remember to use it when uploading....lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Safari, and when I right click on the image in the gallery, the only option I'm getting is "copy image address". When I go to the icon and paste it into the box, it doesn't work. I've tried every way I know how & can't get the image there! Can someone please help me? Thank you!

Glenda

Post Thanks / Like

Glenda, I'm using Safari. When I right click over the image I get the option to "copy image". Then I hit the little tree image icon and paste it in. The url for that should always be a .jpg format. Then to get it to link, you have to highlight the code you have just entered in your post and click the link icon, inserting the url from the image (this is what is in the browser box at the top).

Took me a while to figure this out . Hope that works...
    Here is your last LO... GORGEOUS, I might add ;)

From gduncan

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Jen!!! Thank you so much! That worked. I usually can figure them out, but I couldn't get this one!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gduncan View Post
    Hi, Jen!!! Thank you so much! That worked. I usually can figure them out, but I couldn't get this one!
    Awesome! Good to see you here, btw