Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: the Queen Mother speaks...

If you go to Maine you HAVE to go to Bar Harbor Maine. We used to camp there for 2 weeks at a time. There is a restaurant you want to go to - http://thejordanpondhouse.com/ -- they have the BEST popovers, you just have to go there.
    ~Shannon

Post Thanks / Like

It's so nice to meet you "Mom"! I can't wait to see your travels as well!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger&JuliesMom View Post
    Tamymayo: We have gone to Texas many times. Mostly Rockport area and Austin area. Will return there...where are you.. and where is the clam chowder. Mr. M (the King) is a real "foodie" and will go hundreds of miles out of the way for something truly tasty. We have a book called "eating your way across the USA" we will take along. Any other eating places anyone? Like local joints best...
    Yes, if you're in TX come visit me too! I've always wanted to meet the Queen Mum. I'm in Houston...it's the fourth largest city in the US, so there must be quilt shops here lol. (There are some nice yarn stores.) And there are loads of restaurants! Or we can head to the coast and eat some super fresh seafood. Oh, if you pass through Amarillo, your DH the King might want to try eating here. My DH really wants to try eating the 72 oz steak, but Amarillo is 8 hours from us and I can't see wasting that much gas in hopes of eating that much steak. Kind of negates the "free" part lol...if he finishes it!

Are you going to Sturgis??? I've been there during the rally, but not for the motorcycle "stuff." (My parents should have done a bit more research before planning their Road Trip to North Dakota rotfl! We were pretty much the only CAR on the road up there!)

Anyway, thanks for introducing yourself! Can't wait to "see" you around.
    Pinterest Twitter
    Siggy created with GS's Dia de los Muertos Monthly Mix

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger&JuliesMom View Post
    Tamymayo: We have gone to Texas many times. Mostly Rockport area and Austin area. Will return there...where are you.. and where is the clam chowder. Mr. M (the King) is a real "foodie" and will go hundreds of miles out of the way for something truly tasty. We have a book called "eating your way across the USA" we will take along. Any other eating places anyone? Like local joints best...
    OH my gosh.. if you come to Rockport, you go right by my house... we live just north of Taft, off of HWY 181. about 15 miles from Rockport. The seafood chowder is is Augusta Maine. BUT if you come to Texas, you have to swear you will contact me! I have to meet you! I will be yalls private tour guide. My husband will get your husband out on the farm on one of his tractors! Lets do this ok??

Edited for emphasis... you MUST eat at the RED BARN IN AUGUSTA MAINE!!! Fried Clams and Laura's Seafood Chowder.. and YOU MUST call me when you are going to be in the ROCKPORT area. I will take yall to the best restraunts around. I grew up in Austin.. Would you like to adopt me as your Texas daughter? I know we will get along very well. I am known to play well with others! T

Post Thanks / Like

Mom! totally take Teri up on this offer! You guys would get along GREAT! She is a cool chick like you! She even has a little convertable car like you! Hers is green though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Juliemomof4 View Post
    Mom! totally take Teri up on this offer! You guys would get along GREAT! She is a cool chick like you! She even has a little convertable car like you! Hers is green though
    Hope she will too!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Queen Mother. If you are on I-10 and want to stop in new Orleans (most people want to visit here, just not live here)- come on by, we'll have a Hurricane (the drink of course!!)

CT Lead for:

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome ...so happy to see you join us...I can't wait to hear about all your fun travels and get to know you better

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Queen mother Cathy! Can't wait to see your adventures in digital layout form!

Post Thanks / Like

really really intimidating...I am still waiting for lessons. Hard for a hands on, hand made stationary (real letters), outdated wallpaper book user to go digital. But I like to learn new things. On this trip I am not taking my usual oil paints and canvas stuff - but going to learn Chinese painting (from a great "kit" from my daughters) and airbrush painting (my husband bought all the supplies as a gift). Will take raw canvas to airbrush and make fabric for tote bags perhaps...But feel all thumbs at computer. Except the typing part that I learned in high school...and can type faster than both my digi daughters.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234