Living in the Good Ol' Days.
1. There was only One radio and One television in the entire home.
2. We wore out the soles of our shoes before it was time to get a new pair.
3. Spent more hours doing chores than Homework.
4. To talk to my friends I had to see them in person.
5. When education meant: reading, writing and arithmatic. PERIOD!!
6. A first vehicle meant you got a 2 wheel bike.
7. A Graduation present was a pencil & pen set for 8th grade.. and wrist watch for High School.
8. Presents at Christmas were NEW CLOTHES..not TOYs.
9. Candy was only in our house if we had the ingrediant to MAKE it from Scratch.
10. 5 pounds of sugar lasted all month.
11. Water was the only "soft" Drink in the house.
12, You had to be 18 before you could have a cup of coffee at family gatherings.
13, Telephones were for emergencies and not everyday use.
14, Instead of going to the movies we went to the library.
15, Eating out meant you had a PICNIC to go to.
16, Music was something you learned,, not listen to.
16. Recycling was a way of saving money, not keeping our planet green.
17. Traveling in luxury was letting someone else do the driving.
18. I was raised in a 2 parent, one income home when 2 could live as cheaply as one.
19. Central Heat was the wood burning stove with all us hanging around it to get warm.
20. Airconditioning was when someone threw a bucket of water on you and you didn't dry it off.
21. Favorite pastime was heading to the Swimmin Hole.. I never saw a public cement pool til I was 16. (1950's)
```from the mind of Granny Judy``` oct 2009
I just had to write this down ..memories have a way of jumping out and slapping us Ol Folk when we see all the gadgets and electronic gismos. Enjoy and feel free to grab any of these for quotes.. G/Judy