Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Question Photoshop CS2 help - saving as jpeg

I've been working in CS2 for nearly 2 years and have never had this problem before. I have 2 completed pages that are saved as PSD files. When I go to "save as" to make it a jpeg, it will not let me. I go to the dropdown and select jpeg, type the name of the file and hit save as. Then the jpeg options menu comes up and I hit OK. Then it gives me an error that says "Could not complete your request because of a program error. I hit print screen, created a new picture, and it allowed me to save the screen shot as a jpeg.

It just won't let me save my pages. I've tried to flatten the image first and it doesn't help. Can anyone help me figure out why I can't save as a jpeg???
    ~Carrie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Photoshop CS2 help - saving as jpeg

I don't have CS2 so I haven't encountered this problem myself, but have you rebooted your PC?

Post Thanks / Like

This happened to me when my scrtach disk was full! Do you know how to clear that?

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to look beyond the imperfections. ♥

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe flatten the image and then save as .jpg (but don't save the flattened image as .psd) and see if that helps.

Post Thanks / Like

I would check on your scratch disk like Kayla said. I used to have problems too when that was full!

Otherwise, you could try saving the document as a new PSD. Then close the old PSD out. Open the new PSD and try saving as JPEG.

I hope you get something figured out!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok - I havent had that exact error before - but it has said I cant save due to something else

Whats the scratch disk - I know it sounds familiar - and I remember seeing soemthing for it - but what does it do and how do I empty it?
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what the scratch disk is, either. I'm going to try rebooting. Tried flattening and saving, but that didn't work. Hmph. I'll let you know! Thanks, ladies!
    ~Carrie

Post Thanks / Like

I think it were actually the scratch disk being the problem it would give you that specific error. I googled "photoshop scratch disk" to see what it was because I wasn't sure I knew what it was, but it was what I thought...similar to a temp folder, but I had no idea how to "clean it". Let us know if rebooting helped.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trina513 View Post
    Ok - I havent had that exact error before - but it has said I cant save due to something else

Whats the scratch disk - I know it sounds familiar - and I remember seeing soemthing for it - but what does it do and how do I empty it?
    I don't remember how to do it either. I learned about it from YOU! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Hm. I think the way I clear my scratch disk is different from everyone else. *shrugs shoulders*
    There is a certain folder in my folder where I have my actual PS and then there is a folder (I can't remember the name) and I had to clear all of it and then it worked again for me. I will look into that!

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to look beyond the imperfections. ♥

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast