PDA

View Full Version : Have you scrapped your wedding?

twilightfades
11-09-2010, 04:34 PM
I don't know if this is the right place to put it, but oh well.

Have any of you scrapped your wedding? I want to work on mine but I can't find ANY inspiration!! I have been googling and stalking everyone's blogs and everything for a week, but i've only really found one page from a wedding!! I'm used to scrapping with bright colors and kid stuff, I really need some inspiration for something more sophisticated and pretty like wedding pictures. Do any of you have any pages to share or could steer me in the direction of some along those lines, asap?

Thank you!

photom
11-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Actually, no I haven't scrapped my wedding! Most of my pictures are in a box packed away! :( However, if you go into the gallery, and hit the search button (not the one with the long bar already for you- that searches the forum) and type wedding, you should get a few gallery LOs that others have done. Actually, here is the direct link to that, 133 in all to look over. I hope that helps!

http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/search.php?searchid=3155

zeee
11-10-2010, 12:26 AM
yup! I did scrap my wedding... A LOT, I might add... I haven't put them in this gallery though... :)

I also used a lot of bright colors for mine.. and some neutrals...

kimmyscraps
11-10-2010, 01:12 AM
Trina, aka Trina513, has some great wedding layouts in her gallery that I just adore!! Here is a link to her gallery! Good luck finding some inspiration!!

http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/search.php?searchid=3157&cpage=2

twilightfades
11-10-2010, 02:41 AM
Actually, no I haven't scrapped my wedding! Most of my pictures are in a box packed away! :( However, if you go into the gallery, and hit the search button (not the one with the long bar already for you- that searches the forum) and type wedding, you should get a few gallery LOs that others have done. Actually, here is the direct link to that, 133 in all to look over. I hope that helps!

http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/search.php?searchid=3155

Oh wow! haha, Thank you!! I searched for it here a BUNCH, but I guess I was searching the forum, not the gallery. Duhhhhh. My bad! Thank you!

Trina, aka Trina513, has some great wedding layouts in her gallery that I just adore!! Here is a link to her gallery! Good luck finding some inspiration!!

Thanks so much!! :D

charmedeebob
11-10-2010, 05:17 AM
glad you found some inspiration!
I've only scrapped a few pages from my wedding. funny enough, I didn't have a digital camera until after our wedding; that's what we bought with our wedding money. so most of my wedding photos are still paper, which is not super easy to convert to digi lol. I think i've scrapped every event possible after my wedding though!!!

photom
11-10-2010, 02:57 PM
glad you found some inspiration!
I've only scrapped a few pages from my wedding. funny enough, I didn't have a digital camera until after our wedding; that's what we bought with our wedding money. so most of my wedding photos are still paper, which is not super easy to convert to digi lol. I think i've scrapped every event possible after my wedding though!!!
That's nice you have so many pictures after the wedding! I just got my digital about a year ago, so I don't really have that many pictures to work with. All the pictures of my oldest 2 are regular pictures. So, I have like 6 boxes of photos to go through and scan! Not fun!

trina513
11-10-2010, 07:59 PM

Ahh - thanks Kimmy! :) I did this for a friend - we just got the books delivered a few weeks ago - and they were a HIT! :D I def used bright colors - their wedding colors - but I still had some turn out pretty dang cute! :)

Mine was scrapped - but not digitally :( Maybe someday I'll redo them - if I ever get caught up on my kids' - LOL LOL LOL! (funny since i'm 2 years behind and due w/ my 3rd kiddo anyday now!)

Colleen
11-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Ahh - thanks Kimmy! :) I did this for a friend - we just got the books delivered a few weeks ago - and they were a HIT! :D I def used bright colors - their wedding colors - but I still had some turn out pretty dang cute! :)

Mine was scrapped - but not digitally :( Maybe someday I'll redo them - if I ever get caught up on my kids' - LOL LOL LOL! (funny since i'm 2 years behind and due w/ my 3rd kiddo anyday now!)
Well, if you stopped taking so many photos, you might be caught up! ;) Teehee

kimmyscraps
11-11-2010, 03:25 AM
I don't think I will ever get "Caught up!" But I can say I have TONS more layouts in the 1 year I've been digi-scrappin then I ever did when I was a paper scrapper, which was about 10 years!!

trina513
11-11-2010, 04:53 PM
I don't think I will ever get "Caught up!" But I can say I have TONS more layouts in the 1 year I've been digi-scrappin then I ever did when I was a paper scrapper, which was about 10 years!!

Thats def true - I get way more done digitally than I did the old fashioned way! Good point!!

Harmonystar
11-11-2010, 05:19 PM
I have a few. I really want to make me a kind of matching wedding album, but of course I never get around to it, like I never get around to scrapping my husband's mission or my Disney World internship. *sigh* I just keep taking too many pictures now and like scrapping my kids better. :) which still has no rhyme or reason so the only real book I have done is Jaden's 1 yr alpha book. Anyway here are a couple wedding ones I did.
http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/showphoto.php?photo=6084&title=time-and-eternity&cat=all
http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/showphoto.php?photo=10351&title=married&cat=all

twilightfades
11-11-2010, 08:44 PM
I have a few. I really want to make me a kind of matching wedding album, but of course I never get around to it, like I never get around to scrapping my husband's mission or my Disney World internship. *sigh* I just keep taking too many pictures now and like scrapping my kids better. :) which still has no rhyme or reason so the only real book I have done is Jaden's 1 yr alpha book. Anyway here are a couple wedding ones I did.
http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/showphoto.php?photo=6084&title=time-and-eternity&cat=all
http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/showphoto.php?photo=10351&title=married&cat=all

Great pages, and you looked beautiful!!! :D

StarWarsFans
11-30-2010, 06:47 PM
I haven't scrapped my wedding because it was in the pre-digital days. All my wedding photos have been glued into a traditional album and the thought of ungluing and scanning them all makes my head spin. LOL!

But, my sister was married just 5 years ago and the photographer gave her a full-rights CD, so I was able to create an entire scrapbook album for her digitally. For her privacy, I never posted any of the pages in an online gallery, so I'm not much help there. But what I did was took her wedding colors & theme and "ran with it" so to speak. Her colors were pastel blue, green, and yellow and she used only daisies as the flowers. So pretty much every page had those colors and daisies on it. She had a very simple, country type wedding, so I also included some elements that went with that feel. It went together pretty fast. I kept the focus on the photos and did very little embellishing. Hope that helps!

kayabee
11-30-2010, 07:44 PM
I'll scrap my wedding after I get married :D

photom
12-01-2010, 02:25 AM
I'll scrap my wedding after I get married :D
Well, that would help to have the event done before scrapping it! hehe

kayabee
12-02-2010, 02:44 AM
Well, that would help to have the event done before scrapping it! hehe

true :P hahaha. I'm gonna scrap the process of wedding planning to :)

photom
12-04-2010, 04:45 PM
true :P hahaha. I'm gonna scrap the process of wedding planning to :)
That will be so awesome! I can remember those days still!

kayabee
12-05-2010, 01:50 AM
That will be so awesome! I can remember those days still!

These are the days I'm dreading :P

photom
12-07-2010, 03:16 AM
These are the days I'm dreading :P
It's honestly not that bad! Here is what I can remember. Going in to places like Target and other fun places and being able to use their scanner to find what gifts you would like in your house! (I can remember taking about 2 hours in the store, just because it was SO much fun!) Having a meeting with potential reception places- we actually only needed to go to 2! The 2nd one was just "It!" A meeting with the reception place to arrange for food, flowers, and cake. Making a phone call to "reserve" the photographer. My husband being the 4th child, they already had a photographer who did the preceding 3 siblings weddings. It was just a matter of calling and scheduling the bridal and announcement pictures! (Not to mention getting my hair done a few times!)

Then of course, who can forget that we just decided to do our own wedding invitations! I think that we did about 250-300 of them or so! (With my family, his family (ENORMOUS!), and work people from both sides, there were a lot!) Then adding postage to them all!

Honestly, I really wish that I had an awesome camera and the mentality to capture each and every moment, especially the feelings as time wore on! However, I'm sure there were some feelings on my family's part that I'm glad that I don't have a memory of. They weren't too happy about the union!

kayabee
12-07-2010, 05:13 AM
haha. My family and his family, are pretty good. Considering, I was adopted when I was two, and my adoptive mom isn't in the picture, so that doesn't leave his family with much of my family to dislike !

BobbieB
12-15-2010, 12:37 PM
I am scrapping my sisters wedding, engagement and bridal pics.. So i will definately check all the links posted out.. I'd post mine with her images but their at DST and i dunno if I can link it.. but I'm BobbieB there too