PDA

View Full Version : How did you get started designing and where would I begin?? I'm clueless!

kimmyscraps
09-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Okay, so I'm hoping someone will help me out here! I'm very interested in learning how to design but I don't know where to begin. So, all you WONDERFUL designers here at GS, please help point me in the right direction. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I would really like to learn!

Thanks in advance!!

GingerScraps
09-05-2010, 09:52 PM
I would suggest the brownie scraps program. I don't remember what it is called.... And I'm in bed on my iPod so I can't go look it up. But I know a few wonderful designers got a great start there!

I would love to do a training course! I love teaching! I might just do it if I have time :)

Oh and one other place to look would be Hummie World. She does great teaching!

Hmmmmm maybe I should get a class together :) I will have to let you know if I do:)

kimmyscraps
09-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Oh Ginger! I would love if you would do a training class!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! I'm trying to find the one at brownie scraps but I'm having no luck. In the meantime, I'm checking out Hummie's World. Thanks for the pointers.

charmedeebob
09-06-2010, 04:15 AM
I got my start at Brownie Scraps, they run designer competitions periodically, not sure when the next one is :) If you are very serious about it, there is a course or membership by Amanda Rockwell (at Scrap Artist I think...) that I've heard very good things about, but its not free :)

Sniksnak
09-06-2010, 02:09 PM
I know that Jessica Sprague offers a designer course as well but thats not free either (and I'm sorry if I have broken any of this sites policies by refering to another site).

photom
09-06-2010, 03:24 PM
I know that Jessica Sprague offers a designer course as well but thats not free either (and I'm sorry if I have broken any of this sites policies by refering to another site).
Ginger herself referred to Brownie Scraps. I would think that alone should say that you are ok!

Sniksnak
09-06-2010, 07:48 PM
Ginger herself referred to Brownie Scraps. I would think that alone should say that you are ok!

Well... okay then :-D

GingerScraps
09-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Yep your perfectly good :)
And Kimberly- I know jen (pixels by jen) did a designer course somewhere. I can't remember which one off the top of my head- but she would be a good person to ask too. You can find out if she liked the one she did.
:)

GingerScraps
09-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Yep your perfectly good :)
And Kimberly- I know jen (pixels by jen) did a designer course somewhere. I can't remember which one off the top of my head- but she would be a good person to ask too. You can find out if she liked the one she did.
:)

kimmyscraps
09-06-2010, 11:00 PM
Thanks for all the info!! I'm checking out a few places and I found out that Brownie Scraps is doing something in October and they will have more info soon.. I'm not afraid of cost as long as I might be able to recoup in the future. Since I posted this, I have learned how to make a glass button! LOL!! One thing at a time right!

photom
09-07-2010, 01:24 AM
Glass button sounds fun! I hope that you figure out your designing! Just remember me before you send out your CT call, though! I already want to join! (If you can stand me!)

MamaCake
09-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Sooo...This thread was started a year ago yesterday!! What kind of progress have you made Kimmy?! And Ginger, have you decided to teach a designer course?! I am very interested in learning and trying to figure out the best way too....??

jenevang
09-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Sooo...This thread was started a year ago yesterday!! What kind of progress have you made Kimmy?! And Ginger, have you decided to teach a designer course?! I am very interested in learning and trying to figure out the best way too....??

OMGosh... I just saw the 9/5 and thought this was a new thread. How interesting to see how it's going, Kimmy.

prettyingreen
09-06-2011, 08:07 PM
OMGosh... I just saw the 9/5 and thought this was a new thread. How interesting to see how it's going, Kimmy.
lol i just looked thinking it was new too!

trina513
09-07-2011, 01:10 AM
Lol!! I fell for it being new too!

kimmyscraps
09-07-2011, 01:23 AM
Hehe! How funny!! I didn't make any progress.. decided it wasn't for me at this time. I paid for the class but couldn't get past the point of deciding on a color scheme.. good thing it was only $5.. But I'm having a hard time finding time to scrap let alone design.. Maybe I'll try after we get into a routine with school and what not!!

And yes, Ginger, you should definitely have some classes here.. I would definitely be interested. I hated to go to a different forum!! ;)

MamaCake
09-07-2011, 05:03 AM
Ginger?! :)
(I'm patiently, excitedly, awaiting a reply from you) ;)

GingerScraps
09-07-2011, 06:42 AM
Hehe, I just finally decided to read what you all were talkin about on this old thread ....
Well I never did find time for creating a class, I really do want to ..... maybe this will give me the push I need :)

EhKho
09-07-2011, 12:33 PM
*push* lol

MamaCake
09-07-2011, 02:41 PM
here's another: *PUSH!* hehe :)
let us know!

trina513
09-07-2011, 04:17 PM
SHOVE ;) hee hee

GingerScraps
09-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Ouch Trina!!!! That hurt.... lol :)

trina513
09-07-2011, 07:16 PM
LOL! Sorry! :( I'll try not to push so hard next time - but did it motivate you? ;)

nutsaboutgabe
09-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Now you've hurt Ginger and she won't have time to make a class! Good goin' Trina.

LOL! Sorry! :( I'll try not to push so hard next time - but did it motivate you? ;)

trina513
09-07-2011, 07:39 PM
:( OH BOY! :( Now I've really done it...

EhKho
09-07-2011, 08:19 PM
lmao oh you're all cuckoo I love it here :D