PDA

View Full Version : What kits?

nutsaboutgabe
08-17-2010, 11:14 AM
There are so many types of kits out there in the digi-scrap world. What kind of kits are you looking for? Maybe this will give our designers some ideas they can run with :-)

Colleen
08-17-2010, 01:20 PM
A dance kit. I'm having a hard time finding one I like. I want one that covers more than just the ballet aspect of dance, and that is all that I am finding.

Oh and a cute park cute. I have about a million park pictures, but I don't think I have come across a kit made for the park with cute park WA and such.

kimmyscraps
08-17-2010, 01:26 PM
Oh I have to agree with Colleen! I definitely need/want a dance kit!!

prettyingreen
08-17-2010, 01:35 PM
oh i was thinking about a park kit the other day..... i was always on the hunt for a baking kit but i found one not to long ago :)

Colleen
08-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Oh I have to agree with Colleen! I definitely need/want a dance kit!!

I also want to dance kit to be funky and girly and feminine. I don't know if that is a possible mix. LOL I want it to be fun and funky for the dance class photos (I have lots of those!), but I also want to be able to do feminie ones to go with the ballet photos and the dance recital ballet photos. My daughter is going to be in Hip Hop, Creative Movement and Tap this year, so I want something that covers all of that. LOL

What dance classes do your daughters take?

Harmonystar
08-17-2010, 03:38 PM
I had a hard time finding anything but ballet kits for dance too. I'm (was) a ballroom dancer & dance teacher and have lots of ballroom pictures. I also need a good train kit. weird that I don't have one.

Colleen
08-17-2010, 04:38 PM
I had a hard time finding anything but ballet kits for dance too. I'm (was) a ballroom dancer & dance teacher and have lots of ballroom pictures. I also need a good train kit. weird that I don't have one.

Ballroom dancing - FUN! My husband and I want to take some classes. :)

kimmyscraps
08-17-2010, 04:53 PM
My oldest will be starting her 3rd year in Sept, not sure what class she is going to be in yet though. But they do all sorts of different styles at her school. My youngest will be starting her first year and will be a princess ballerina! I'm excited to have them both finally old enough to do it!

Colleen
08-17-2010, 05:09 PM
My oldest will be starting her 3rd year in Sept, not sure what class she is going to be in yet though. But they do all sorts of different styles at her school. My youngest will be starting her first year and will be a princess ballerina! I'm excited to have them both finally old enough to do it!

My daughter is 3, and she will be starting her 2nd year of dance in September. She was in creative movement and tap last year. Creative movement is basically ballet. They are so darn cute to watch, aren't they? My daughter loves having dance class. I signed her up for a dance camp over the summer, and she had a blast in that too.

charmedeebob
08-17-2010, 05:39 PM
ooh I may have to jump on that dance kit idea....my daughter did ballet last year and saw how cool the tap class girls were and asked to join tap this fall too :) I'll file that away for after Designer Survivor is over!

Sarah
08-17-2010, 05:57 PM
I honestly want a "house cleaning", etc type kit, LOL!
Come on! A complaint layout would be so awesome. Or one with little helpers, and the like!

prettyingreen
08-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Come on! A complaint layout would be so awesome. Or one with little helpers, and the like!
oh sarah this gives me an idea for another i'm a good helper kit :) helping mommy :)

nutsaboutgabe
08-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Train and park kits would be fun. I have done several park LO's, but I have so many park pictures another kit would be an awesome find. I'm not really sure what kit I'd like right now. My scrapping skills have taken a siesta. I think of scrap page ideas when I'm not in front of my home computer and when I get there I can't remember what I wanted to do. I should write them down, but usually I'm not in a place where I have a pen...either showering, driving or sleeping!

nutsaboutgabe
08-17-2010, 06:21 PM

This would be fun. I have pictures of Gabe helping to clean. He loves to do the dishes. I let him "wash" dishes that I've already washed and aren't breakable. He says "I'm Mama's dishwasher".

Sarah
08-17-2010, 06:50 PM
This would be fun. I have pictures of Gabe helping to clean. He loves to do the dishes. I let him "wash" dishes that I've already washed and aren't breakable. He says "I'm Mama's dishwasher".
Oh that sounds ADORABLE!!

oh sarah this gives me an idea for another i'm a good helper kit :) helping mommy :)
YAY!! Inspiration!! :)

trina513
08-17-2010, 07:07 PM
I 2nd the park kit idea!! I always am doing park Los - all summer long - LOL for some reason I always take tons of pics at parks....

I made my own jungle gym a few weeks ago - and was thinking about giving it away as a PP sometime....but someone should really just make a cute kit ;) LOL

http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/data/563/GS_Collab_CountyFair.jpg (http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/showphoto.php?photo=19496)

kimmyscraps
08-17-2010, 08:08 PM
I love that you made that yourself! It is great! I definitely 2nd the park idea too! But if you want to give that jungle gym away in the meantime....

trina513
08-17-2010, 08:31 PM
Thanks - I thought it turned out kinda cute - but boy did it take a long time! LOL lots of pieces and lots of different actions being run - but it was fun! :) Hee hee

Ellasspace
08-17-2010, 08:33 PM
I would love a Ski boat/tubing kit...we boat/ski and tube with the kids but never see any kits for this....I am also going to need a cheerleader kits in maron/black and white...hint hint :P

Ellasspace
08-17-2010, 08:36 PM
Oh and my son Eli says an Indiana Jones kit....LOL he dresses as Indy all the time!
http://i33.tinypic.com/15zgnzt.jpg

Sarah
08-17-2010, 08:49 PM
Oh and my son Eli says an Indiana Jones kit....LOL he dresses as Indy all the time!
http://i33.tinypic.com/15zgnzt.jpg
Oh my goodness! He is so cute! And I agree on the Indy kit! My husband is a DIE HARD Indiana Jones fan!

Colleen
08-17-2010, 08:52 PM
I would love a Ski boat/tubing kit...we boat/ski and tube with the kids but never see any kits for this....I am also going to need a cheerleader kits in maron/black and white...hint hint :P

MandyMade's Water Getaway (http://store.gingerscraps.net/Water-Getaway.html) Kit has a jet ski, water skis, inner tube, paddle, kayak, wet suit, and so much more. :)

prettyingreen
08-17-2010, 09:21 PM
that kit also has a speed boat :) love that kit!!!

Shananigans
08-17-2010, 11:17 PM
I would love:

Adoption Kit
Chocolate kit - Only chocolate - have Hershey pics that still need scrapping

charmedeebob
08-18-2010, 06:17 AM
I would love:

Adoption Kit
Chocolate kit - Only chocolate - have Hershey pics that still need scrapping
chocolate. me and my huge butt should be an EXPERT at making that kit :P

Shananigans
08-18-2010, 11:44 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

We went to Hershey and saw how they make the chocolate - I would love to scrap them but just can't find anything perfect...lol

prettyingreen
08-18-2010, 12:15 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

We went to Hershey and saw how they make the chocolate - I would love to scrap them but just can't find anything perfect...lol

so did we! something is in the works shannon ;)

Shananigans
08-18-2010, 12:21 PM
:36_1_33: :36_1_32: :clap: :kisses

Have I told you guys how much I love it here?!?!?

Ellasspace
08-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Wow perfect boating kit...I will be doing something with it for sure!

StephanieUlrich
08-18-2010, 03:34 PM
adoption kit. that is a great idea. this is a personal subject with me and my fam, so i might tackle that one!

Shananigans
08-18-2010, 03:35 PM
adoption kit. that is a great idea. this is a personal subject with me and my fam, so i might tackle that one!

I'm hoping it will be for me too. I'm waiting for the phone call saying we've been matched....been waiting 10 months.

Colleen
08-18-2010, 04:43 PM
A USMC kit too! Ginger has a great Army one, but there are too many Army specific things in it. Ginger should do an add-on to the Army one that is for Marines. :)

nutsaboutgabe
08-18-2010, 06:27 PM
I'm hoping it will be for me too. I'm waiting for the phone call saying we've been matched....been waiting 10 months.

Oh my...I hope you get a call soon. Why on earth should it take so long to get a match. There are so many kids out there needing loving homes!

kimmyscraps
08-19-2010, 05:33 AM
Just thought of something else... I would really like to have an element pack of the necessities.. Staples, stitches (black & white) (straight & zig zag), brads, clasps, fasteners.. Maybe in silver and gold.. Something that would be my "go to" in case a kit doesn't have those included!

Sarah
08-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Just thought of something else... I would really like to have an element pack of the necessities.. Staples, stitches (black & white) (straight & zig zag), brads, clasps, fasteners.. Maybe in silver and gold.. Something that would be my "go to" in case a kit doesn't have those included!
Oh that is an AWESOME suggestion!! Totally needed, definitely!!

trina513
08-20-2010, 03:09 AM

I AGREE!!! I thought at one point Mandy was going to do that as part of her "getaway series" kits....but maybe not?!?

nutsaboutgabe
08-22-2010, 12:40 PM
I decided I really want a Movie Kit. I know there are some out there to buy and I just might have to do that because I have a LO I'm itching to make, but need a movie theme, but overall I think it's a good kit idea to have here at GS.

charmedeebob
08-22-2010, 07:44 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

so did we! something is in the works shannon ;)
Hope I'm not stepping on your toes Rach....I had inspiration for this weeks' designer survivor kit....stay tuned for some high calorie scrapping ladies :)

Shananigans
08-22-2010, 07:45 PM
I've got my pictures waiting!!!!! I can't wit!

prettyingreen
08-23-2010, 02:16 AM
Hope I'm not stepping on your toes Rach....I had inspiration for this weeks' designer survivor kit....stay tuned for some high calorie scrapping ladies :)

not at all char! i cant wait to see what you come up with :)

carladee
01-24-2011, 09:58 PM
A little boys kit who loves cars and than i mean all cars not only the Cars cars;) (but the Disney Cars he loves most).

Hildur
01-25-2011, 08:42 AM
I find it extremely hard to find any good boy kits once they outgrow kindergarten

trina513
01-25-2011, 08:00 PM
And boys kits that dont JUST include flowers for fillers - I dont like using flowers ALL THE TIME on boys' pages :)

StarWarsFans
01-27-2011, 04:01 AM
And boys kits that dont JUST include flowers for fillers - I dont like using flowers ALL THE TIME on boys' pages :)

From what I've observed, if it's not flowers for fillers, it's stars. I feel for the designers on this one. When I try to think of what the "perfect" boy kit would be, I come up with a total blank myself. I have no idea what would be in it. Boys are hard to scrap! I have a much easier time doing pages for my daughter.

Sarah
01-27-2011, 02:13 PM
Fillers for boys:
cars
*staples*
buttons
stars
dirt
legos/blocks
shapes
spills ;)

photom
01-27-2011, 02:18 PM
I do like the idea of a car themed LO. For an overall good "boy" kit, though, I think of Teri's Tinkerboy kit.

nutsaboutgabe
01-27-2011, 11:09 PM
Yup...Tinkberbell is a great kit. I've used it a few times!

I do like the idea of a car themed LO. For an overall good "boy" kit, though, I think of Teri's Tinkerboy kit.

nutsaboutgabe
01-27-2011, 11:10 PM
Another idea for a boy kit is one that has some graph papers, airplanes, buses, cabs...but like mostly light colors or white. I have so many bright kits, I would like one that is doodlish and white/grays/light in color.

StarWarsFans
02-04-2011, 01:19 AM
I am on the hunt for a puzzle kit. I have lots of pics of my son putting puzzles together. I also need a soccer kit.

marshmella
02-04-2011, 03:25 AM
Yes I agree that the big boy kits are hard. I did His Teen Scene and that was tough. I couldn't think of anything older boys like.

I do have a soccer kit, but it's in my retired stash. Maybe I need to revamp it and put it back out?!?! I have so much on my plate right now that I don't know when I can do that though.

photom
02-05-2011, 05:12 PM
I am on the hunt for a puzzle kit. I have lots of pics of my son putting puzzles together. I also need a soccer kit.
Jodi had an AWESOME charity kit last year- about autism awareness. I wish I could have gotten it. It had lots of puzzle pieces!

photom
02-05-2011, 05:13 PM
I do have a soccer kit, but it's in my retired stash. Maybe I need to revamp it and put it back out?!?! I have so much on my plate right now that I don't know when I can do that though.
When you have time to revamp it, it will be fun to see! (Or you could just give us a freebie from your blog! lol)

Crescent Moon Designs
02-06-2011, 02:06 AM
As you all proably have noticed i scrap my Animals so a good Dog Kit and Cat Kit would be awesome.I have Kathys No Bones about it and Love it,But htere isnt many Dog Kits out there that i can find anyway and when i do ther enot cutsie LOL.

Oh and Mabe a ocean themed kit or fishermans kit as i live on the ocean and have tons of pics.

Jodi
02-06-2011, 03:56 PM
My autism kit will make an appearance in the month of April.

*Change of plans, I am retiring this kit.

altimasport
02-27-2011, 01:25 AM
I am new around here and I have to say I just love it here! I have been looking for a boys tumbling/ gymnastics kit. My son is on the all stars team and he's 6. He has been in the sports/gym class since he was 18 months old and I have a tun of pictures of him tumbling and the rings and all but really no kits that go with them. I am also looking for a really cute baseball kit. Thanks for any suggestions!!!

charmedeebob
02-27-2011, 05:03 PM
I am new around here and I have to say I just love it here! I have been looking for a boys tumbling/ gymnastics kit. My son is on the all stars team and he's 6. He has been in the sports/gym class since he was 18 months old and I have a tun of pictures of him tumbling and the rings and all but really no kits that go with them. I am also looking for a really cute baseball kit. Thanks for any suggestions!!!
Hi Chris! Glad you're enjoying hanging out with us here at GS! I check this thread from time to time for inspiration, so you just never know when your idea might pop up! Thanks for helping to inspire us!

Smurfie
03-04-2011, 11:18 PM
I am always on the look out for rugby kits
(NO it's NOT the same as American Football ;) so they won't do the trick ;) )

CM Silly
03-13-2011, 08:58 PM
These are the kits I look for... I want to buy things that help me use/accent what I already have... I look for kits that have multiple uses not one theme... and the last criteria is the papers are a mix of soilids & matching pattern papers which are solid color ( I don't like it when a paper looks like if I held it up in the light you could see through. Sometimes designers try to make their papers lighter by washing the color out of the paper in the middle, because they don't know how to make the paper lighter by use of colors. It's just easier for them , I don't know how it is done, to maybe turn up the opacity until the center of the paper has hardly any color in them. That's what it looks like anyway. I hope you understand what I'm saying.) throughout the paper and the design on the pattern paper should be sharp , clear , very attractive , and matches at least one solid in the paper pk. Embellishments should match the kit of course, but also be able to used in many situations. I like at least one element that has glitter on it or is made with glitter. Price is also a factor. I know it takes hours of tedious work to make a kit and you should be able to be paid for doing what you do. Designers are artists, but I won't pay for a kit that is over $6 and if I do spend that much, the kit must be perfectly done...nothing blurry...nothing with little pixels of things that hang off the sides of elements and I should be able to make the elements very large and still have the same quality it had at a smaller size. What good is an element that can't be resized for larger projects? I have many ideas of product I want ,but can't find, if anyone is interested. This is just a general answer.

Smurfie
03-16-2011, 01:51 PM
I'm always on the look out for REAL rugby kits but they are nowhere to be found unless a designer jumps in the challenge to make one. (oh and NO American Football is NOT the same hehehe :P )

Lisa
03-20-2011, 01:11 AM
The last few LO's I've done have had me searching for desert colors, cactus, dirt, earth tones and "manly" ellies - rope & twine, rocks & twiggs.

jencrook
03-20-2011, 08:36 PM
I am looking for a kit for LDS missionaries. I know there are plenty of LDS designers out there and there are even more LDS scrappers who need to scrap their missionary's life for 2 years.

Shananigans
04-09-2011, 06:29 PM
I moved this thread to the suggestion box so the designers know where to find it!

trina513
04-11-2011, 04:26 AM
GS needs a moving kit - I know a few girls around here who are moving - or moved recently and could use a cute kit :)

Also a traveling/flying kit - I know Char has an adorable road trip kit - but we had a challenge for traveling for ADSR and I was looking for a cute kit with an airplane in it to help promote GS and I didnt find one...

Anna xx
04-12-2011, 02:24 PM
hmm I really nice journally themed kit.. I love journalling on my pages and in my own book at home so something like that?? x