PDA

View Full Version : So excited to find this place!

twilightfades
07-05-2010, 03:24 AM
Hi! I've just recently gotten into scrapbooking and the other day I spent all day trying to find other scrappers & communities and couldn't find anything! I'm so excited to have found this place!

My name is Ameya (uh may uh) and I'm a 22 SAHM (with a 7 month old!) and I'm moving to China next month (my husband is an English teacher) and starting online school to finish my bachelor's in September. I've just started scrapbooking in the past two weeks and i'm a woman obsessed (you know, when I have time)! It's such a great creative outlet that lets me sorta turn my brain off and de-stress! Really looking forward to being here! :)

PS all of your icons are so cute! I want to make a cute one, but it seems like all the kits I have so far said they weren't allowed for use in forums or anything. Do any of you know offhand any free kits/makers that I could use for snazzing up my icon? TIA! :)

charmedeebob
07-05-2010, 03:56 AM
welcome to Gingerscraps, you've found a lovely friendly place to hang out!

Deanna
07-05-2010, 06:02 AM
So glad you found us hon! and I hope you enjoy your stay with us! Everybody is really friendly here!!

kimmyscraps
07-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Welcome to GS! I love it here and I'm sure you will too. Everyone is sooooo friendly!

Harmonystar
07-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Welcome Ameya! We're glad to have you here! Many of our avatars (pictures) are decorated with Survivor avatars from our recent scrapping survivor game, or you'll see gingersnap, gingerbread, sugarcookie, & snickerdoodle avatars. These are all ladies who work here. To make your own or custom signature for yourself you can go ahead and check out stuff from our store. I do believe you can use anything in there for avatars and siggies here. :)

marshmella
07-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Welcome to gingerscraps!!! How exciting for you!!

photom
07-05-2010, 03:00 PM
To make your own or custom signature for yourself you can go ahead and check out stuff from our store. I do believe you can use anything in there for avatars and siggies here. :)
And they do have some awesome freebies in there too!

Welcome to Gingerscraps. So glad you found your way here, too! I hope to see your LOs and get to know you in the challenges. Moving to China seems so scary! I hope that your move goes well! Good luck with school!

prettyingreen
07-05-2010, 04:42 PM
http://forums.gingerscraps.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=3437&d=1270052701 snag that little button and wear it around town! Welcome to Ginger Scraps, this is a great site full of super nice girls! i love it here! you are welcome to use any of my kits for signatures or avatars. i know you'll love it here

twilightfades
07-05-2010, 05:02 PM
Thank you everyone! :)

How do I upload LOs? And how does that work? Do we just post them during challenges and such? TIA! :)

GingerScraps
07-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Welcome!! You will love it here :)
There are a few freebies in the shop- feel free to make your avatar with any goodies you would like though- Your not limited to only GingerScraps products.

For the challenges -
you will upload to the gallery (link in the header) and then when you do a challenge you will post a link in the thread for that challenge. We just started a new "cookie jar" - points based reward program for doing challenges. It is a great way to earn free goodies!

Make sure you sign up for the newsletter, become a fan on FaceBook, and follow i Twitter- there is a link in my sigi for each of there things. And check out the blog too.. lots of fun stuff over there as well.

And you can always ask questions!! I know it can me a bit overwhelming at first... but you will get the hang of it in no time :)

But a big Welcome!! and make yourself right at home :)

nutsaboutgabe
07-06-2010, 03:17 AM
Welcome to Gingerscraps. It's an awesome place to hang out...all day long.

photom
07-06-2010, 08:25 PM
Welcome!! You will love it here :)
A personal welcome from Ginger herself! You better feel really special! I've only seen that a few times!

After uploading LOs to the gallery, to link it to a challenge, just use the tags around the image location of your photo. (Found by right clicking on the image from the gallery. Let us know if that doesn't work!

twilightfades
07-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Thanks everyone!

For the challenges - you will upload to the gallery (link in the header)

OH MY GOSH. Duhhhhhhhhhh! I've been looking for that link since I joined! LOL, of course it's huge and in my face! I'm going to blame mommy brain on that one. :D
Signed up/following you everywhere! (um. In a non-stalkerish way. :))

PixelsByJen
07-07-2010, 05:14 AM
Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay....if you have questions about anything, feel free to ask, there is always someone around to answer pretty quick.

Colleen
07-07-2010, 05:37 AM
Welcome. :) Yes, everyone is always pretty helpful with answering questions so ask away. Make sure to check out the different challenges; they are great fun and help get the creative juices flowing. Speed scraps and the progressive scraps are two of my favorites. :)

AmyP
07-07-2010, 08:04 AM
Good luck with your move to China! What an exciting time! It is nice to meet you.

Crescent Moon Designs
07-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Welcome To GinerScraps,You will Love it here everyone is so helpful and friendly,I am Charly AKA Country Hollow Creations i am a Sugar Cookie and proud of it LOL...Can't wait to get to know you and see your wonderful work...

Psychozoe
07-11-2010, 11:37 PM
Ameya, welcome!