PDA

View Full Version : help! gallery prob

prettyingreen
05-19-2010, 06:21 PM
is it just me? i cant upload to the gallery, it says something like im forbidden

photom
05-19-2010, 07:25 PM
I was able to upload yesterday. Didn't try today though. Hope it gets fixed soon, along with the attachment uploading!

tanni
05-19-2010, 08:28 PM
i can't upload to the gallery either, get this message:
Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 127

Command:

"/usr/bin/X11/mogrify" +profile "*" -size 200x200 -quality 100 -geometry 200x200 -unsharp 10 '/home/forums/public_html/gallery/data/500/thumbs/cutest_cowgirl.jpg'

trina513
05-19-2010, 09:28 PM
Yeah I get that same code - I believe I uploaded yesterday or monday or sometime earlier this week.....so not sure what's going on now :( But I tried twice :( :( :(

GingerScraps
05-19-2010, 10:44 PM
Can you all try again please and let me know if it is working now?

photom
05-19-2010, 10:52 PM
OK, it let me upload into the gallery. http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/showphoto.php?photo=17521&title=vintage-bloomflowers&cat=616

Checking on attachments: Still won't allow attachments!

prettyingreen
05-19-2010, 11:20 PM
it worked for me thanks ginger!

tanni
05-20-2010, 01:50 AM
thank you, Ginger! It's working fine now.

Awyldknght
05-20-2010, 03:40 AM
Attachments should be fixed now.

photom
05-20-2010, 01:43 PM
Yeah! Thanks! :36_1_34:

trina513
05-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Yep - I was able to UL things today! :) Thanks!

beckag99
05-23-2010, 12:41 AM
I'm able to upload now, but I can't see most of the photos in the gallery, just a block square with an "x" in the corner. It will work sometimes when I refresh it, other times not. So I'm stuck not able to see everyone's pages. Anyone else having this problem?

photom
05-23-2010, 09:24 PM
I didn't have that problem yesterday (since that is when you posted that). Still don't have a problem. Weird. I was on about that time going through the gallery!

One thing I noticed, is that I no longer have a "My Albums" tab anymore. Is that ever going to come back?

GingerScraps
05-23-2010, 09:34 PM
Sara- I am going to take off the "My Albums" option. It makes a lot of clutter- to have all the different user albums. I plan on contacting the users that do have "albums" so they can move their LO's as needed.
So if you want to get a jump start on that- feel free.
Sorry about that. I know the few of you that have albums might be a bit bummed. But It just causes too much clutter. All your LO's will still me organized by your username- just not the multiple personal albums.

photom
05-24-2010, 01:20 AM
OK, so those photos should be in "my photos" already, right? By deleting the albums, will it also delete all of them from my personal member gallery? Thanks!

trina513
05-24-2010, 09:10 PM
BUMMER GINGER!! :( I liked having a link to just my album :( But I guess I can understand!

Sarah
05-28-2010, 03:38 AM
I'm having a problem uploading to the gallery :(

Something about bulkuploader and not having rights to use it :( Worked earlier today but now not :(

GingerScraps
05-28-2010, 06:38 AM
Let me know if this continues to be an issue. I did do a few repairs today. So keep
me posted please. :)

Sarah
05-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Let me know if this continues to be an issue. I did do a few repairs today. So keep
me posted please. :)

It worked AWESOME!! *w00t* YAY!!
*hugs* Thanks so much for your hard work, Ginger!

GingerScraps
05-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Of course my lady :) anything for you :)
let me know of it starts acting up again.

Sarah
07-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Well, you said to let you know if it's acting up again :( I'm getting a 403 Not Authorized/Forbidden error :(
I'm trying to upload my Week 26 LO :)

GingerScraps
07-01-2010, 08:20 PM
well..this is what I would like to know....
What did you do to the gallery Sarah?? Why does it dislike you so much??
LOL
I dont even know what that error means... are you sure it is GS? could it be your connection?
Let me know if it keeps it up all day- I will pass it along to Mr. IT guy.

Sarah
07-01-2010, 08:30 PM
I have no idea what I'm doing but I was able to upload this morning ... only 3 layouts, so I know it's not that. I'll try on IE, and see if I still get the issues.

Nope, still did it in IE. I have NO idea what's causing it to do it :( I swear I'm not doing *anything* different!

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /bulkupload.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
<hr> <address>Apache mod_fcgid/2.3.5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at gallery.gingerscraps.net Port 80</address>
That's the error I'm getting. I've triple-checked the size of the file. It's less than 149kbs, so that's not it. :(

Sarah
07-01-2010, 08:59 PM
The gallery has PMS, I swear!! Its uploading now LOL!

PixelsByJen
07-02-2010, 06:00 AM
It's not just you Sarah! I can't upload my PinG layouts either

GingerScraps
07-02-2010, 06:59 PM
ok double check your size- it cant be over 600 by 600 pixels. so- if it is a 2pager then it will have to be 300 by 600. So it is still under the 600 pixel rule.

Does that solve your problem Jen?

PixelsByJen
07-03-2010, 03:53 AM
nope, they are the right size, they uploaded all over digi land just fine, just not here, tried doing them as a group then individual, then logging out, restarting my computer, logging back in and individual again, no luck.

PixelsByJen
07-03-2010, 04:58 AM
got the error again right after I posted the last message, but now they just went through. The only thing I did different was NOT include my blurb with links in the comments section on the first page, I waited until the second page, if that makes sense. It seems like it is only us CT that are getting the error, maybe the system doesn't like links in that first box?

I need to post one for Mandy tonight too, so I will try it with the links again in the first box and see if I get rejected.

PixelsByJen
07-03-2010, 06:08 AM
Okay, so I tried to upload the layout I did with Mandy's water kit AND I included the link to the kit on that first page, error 403 forbidden.....had to exit screen and then go back in, added photo with no comments, went just fine to the second page.....runnig a test with comments without the link to see if that is it, but I think it is.....so CT don't link on the FIRST screen, wait until the second!

Edit: Ran the test, perfect with out the link, that's it :)

Sarah
07-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Okay, so I tried to upload the layout I did with Mandy's water kit AND I included the link to the kit on that first page, error 403 forbidden.....had to exit screen and then go back in, added photo with no comments, went just fine to the second page.....runnig a test with comments without the link to see if that is it, but I think it is.....so CT don't link on the FIRST screen, wait until the second!

Edit: Ran the test, perfect with out the link, that's it :)
I think that's when it worked for me as well! No blurb, and loads w/o a problem. W/ one and I get the bulkupload error.

GingerScraps
07-05-2010, 11:58 PM
Thank you for the input! I sent my IT Guy a support ticket.... so he will poke around a bit and get it figured out :)
He might need you to test it, So be on the look out for a testing request from him :)

briarwoodpups
07-11-2010, 03:01 PM
I've been fighting with this all morning. Thanks so much for posting all this information. Going back to try it again!

GingerScraps
07-11-2010, 04:16 PM
I've been fighting with this all morning. Thanks so much for posting all this information. Going back to try it again!
I can see you got them posted- WOW your a wonderful artist!! Can you tell me what you had to do to get it to work for you. We are still investigating the issue- having a hard time because it is not happening to everyone. So it is much harder to track down. Thanks :)

marshmella
07-11-2010, 05:54 PM
I have the problem too and I figured out that if I leave the description blank and click upload, then add the description there it will let me upload. You have to leave the description blank on the first page otherwise you will get the forbidden message. I think that is what Jayne (briarwoodpups) did to get hers uploaded.

southflascrapper
07-14-2010, 08:31 AM
That is the way that I loaded mine into the gallery also...I did 3 at a time this morning. Last weekend it would not let me load the pages when I put in url links in the description area. I received a 'forbidden.php' type of message last week when I tried to upload.
I used the bulk uploader this morning and just added all of my information on the second page.

trina513
07-14-2010, 05:54 PM
I've been struggling lately - after a few times - i finally just clicked the skip UL and UL the ones in queue (or whatever it is) and they'd all be in there - ODD!! So obviously they were going somewhere!

I'd get the forbidden bulk uploads message (3 times in the past 2 days) I think its like 404 or something.....Sorry for not paying too close of attn! LOL

Sarah
07-14-2010, 06:13 PM
The guarantee work-around: don't add your credits until AFTER you've gotten to the page where you can edit each page individually.

If that makes sense.

It worked for me when uploading some CT layouts :)

thunderdragon
08-18-2010, 08:48 PM
:( I have the same problem that I am forbidden to upload! :(

thunderdragon
08-18-2010, 08:51 PM
The guarantee work-around: don't add your credits until AFTER you've gotten to the page where you can edit each page individually.

If that makes sense.

It worked for me when uploading some CT layouts :)

Weird, this works for me too...

GingerScraps
08-18-2010, 09:00 PM
I am working on this still ladies. There is some kind of coding error on the backend. Seems a hard one to track down.
For now- keep on skipping the first description box.
This should be resolved soon.... I hope. I have support tickets out at a few places. all working to get it resolved. :)
Thanks for your understanding.

kimmyscraps
08-19-2010, 12:20 AM
Ginger, it's happened to me on occasion but only when I try to link a layout to the store. Thought that might be helpful. Otherwise, my layouts upload fine if I don't link them.

trina513
08-20-2010, 01:48 AM
Charmaine said in my other forum (GLTC & WW CT forum) that her husband looked into it and its only when we include the http: in our links - I haven't tried doing it since I read that yesterday - but just thought I'd share! :)

dodiegonzales
09-25-2010, 07:28 AM
Can you all try again please and let me know if it is working now?
I tried uploading just now and I can't get it done. Tried it 3x even 1 by one but still gives me that "i'm forbidden" messages. please help
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

GingerScraps
09-25-2010, 09:38 AM
The only reason it will give you that error is if you have a URL in the first description box. This is a bug that seems very hard to fix! I have had people working on it for a while now.

Until it gets fixed- just leave any URL off the description box.

Oh and make sure your LO is the right size- 600 by 600 pixels is the max.

Let me know if you still have problems with it- after you try thoese two things :)
Cant wait to see your LO's :)