PDA

View Full Version : Site Question

lynelle
03-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Now that we have the new forum look, I was wondering if there's a way to stay logged in to the site so that every time I get on I don't have to log in? Hopefully I don't sound too spoiled or lazy!!! :)

prettyingreen
03-07-2010, 04:41 PM
when you log in there should be a box to check that will keep u logged in, i cant see it atm since im logged in but im pretty sure its there

nutsaboutgabe
03-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Yes, the check box is up there, but it's sort of smooshed into the GS header...but its there. Check it and you should stay logged in.

terimayo
03-07-2010, 06:37 PM
If its there I sure dont see it! I was wondering the same thing.... where exactly is it? I use Firefox and have been looking for it too.... :)T

charmedeebob
03-07-2010, 07:37 PM
I don't see it either Teri, I was also looking for that button...I'm super lazy and hate logging in every time!

angelfaye
03-08-2010, 01:18 PM
nor me - and I look every time I log in too!

trina513
03-08-2010, 02:43 PM
Not sure I can help - cuz I have no idea what I did - but I stay signed in....so there must have been something at some point....

lynelle
03-08-2010, 03:51 PM
If its there I sure dont see it! I was wondering the same thing.... where exactly is it? I use Firefox and have been looking for it too.... :)T

I use Firefox too. Maybe it's a Firefox issue?

GingerScraps
03-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Ya- I am not any help either.
Barb.. can you give a screen shot??

lynelle
03-08-2010, 04:09 PM
I was going to do a screen shot, but have forgotten how to do it! lol It's too early for my brain to work at full capacity. Plus I've only had one cup of coffee! :)

brandy
03-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Lol glad I wasn't the only one with this problem. I'll get a screen shot if no one else has when I post this lol.

nutsaboutgabe
03-08-2010, 08:19 PM
i am looking for a solution to the Firefox problem. It stays logged in for me when using Internet Explorer.

Sarah
03-10-2010, 09:11 PM
Oh crap! I knew I should have saved how I did it! I *think* it was when I went to respond to a MandyMade CT thread. Since it's a private forum, and required me to be logged in, it sent me to *that* page, which had the ticky box. Otherwise, I never saw one (also on Firefox).

nutsaboutgabe
03-11-2010, 12:19 AM
So it seems we have narrowed it down. The problem is with Firefox. I've looked on the web and other people seem to have problems with their saved passwords as well on certain sites. I am still trying to get it to work on my machine, but so far no luck.

brandy
03-11-2010, 02:36 AM
I found if I'm checking the Snicker doodle stuff and it times me out I get "You're not allowed to view this page please log in" and it has the Remember me box. I know that doesn't help the ones that don't have access to those parts but for those that do lol.

Misty
03-11-2010, 05:43 AM
Everyone who has firefox, click this link. You won't have permission to view this part of the forum but you will get the remember me checkbox that Brandy just referred to. http://forums.gingerscraps.net/forumdisplay.php?258-Marketing-Editors

Teri and Lynelle, you will have to log out first, then click this link and log back in.

lynelle
03-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Everyone who has firefox, click this link. You won't have permission to view this part of the forum but you will get the remember me checkbox that Brandy just referred to. http://forums.gingerscraps.net/forumdisplay.php?258-Marketing-Editors

Teri and Lynelle, you will have to log out first, then click this link and log back in.

Thanks Misty!!!!! I finally got the box checked! :)

terimayo
03-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Misty! Whoo Hooo... me too... that was driving me crazy..... thanks... :)T

kl.winters
03-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Thank you, Misty that worked for me also. Woo-hoo!

Although, Firefox has been a pain in the booty lately. Constantly freezing up or throwing me out. I upgraded to the newest version a couple of days ago but that didn't seem to fix the problem. Any other Firefox users having the same problem?

Sarah
03-11-2010, 10:06 PM
My prob with Firefox is that its seriously overheating my laptop (known issue with it too) but Chrome doesn't offer the abilities that FF does with the add-ons that I'm used to :(

Sarah
03-12-2010, 12:04 AM
I switched from FF to Opera then to Chrome (because GS really looked bad in Opera). Barely saw the checkbox, but it's there (just a little sliver). Forgot to take a screen cap :(