PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7

Granny Judy
10-27-2009, 12:54 AM
What a change!! I bought a New Laptop with it and am having to learn where everything is..

I love the new features..sticky notes, snip/snap, and gadgets, but haven't installed any photos, kits or pse on it... afraid where they may go and that I can't find them.

anyone else have the windows 7 ??? Any suggestions on setting up files that you can find.??

JaneAgain
10-27-2009, 05:43 AM
I was thinking about you and Windows 7! :) I have a Mac and can't help you, but I'm so glad you like it so far.

lorryfach
10-27-2009, 07:51 AM
I am also a Mac user, but I understand that the search capabilities in Windows 7 are pretty good. If you couldn't find PSE, you could use Explorer's search to find it again. :) If your kits are on an EHD, you should just be able to plug it in on the new computer. They don't require installation.

Jodi
10-27-2009, 03:31 PM
I have windows 7! Hubby installed it a few days ago. But I am afraid I don't understand your question. When you download something like from 4shared, you can't figure out where it ends up? Mine always go to my desktop or if I don't tell it to go to my desktop I usually find it in my "downloads" file. I don't know how your computer is set up but this is how I find my downloads folder. I go to the C drive then go to "Users" then I find my name (cause I have it set up that I am a user and I have one set up for hubby to be a user too) and then under my name there is a folder called "downloads". I sure hope that helped you out.

Granny Judy
10-27-2009, 04:42 PM
oh,,duh. its the same, just a different name.. I'll figure out this "new" stuff yet. Thanks for all your help. Glad you gals are putting up with my "beginner" questions .. Loves ya.

Jodi
10-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Well Windows 7 is so new, everyone is a beginner lol.
I just have my IT tech hubby here to help me through it lol.

Granny Judy
10-31-2009, 01:30 AM
Man, the longer I play around with this W7 the more I like it!! It's definitely more user friendly.. I mean even this Ol Lady can figure it out..

Jodi
10-31-2009, 02:59 AM
Yeah I am loving it too!

Granny Judy
11-08-2009, 11:22 AM
I'm still having trouble with "moving" files.. They went to the download area, then when I moved it to my Scrapbook file and deleted the download(original) file, Opps!! it all disappeared!!

I retreived it from the trash bin, but now to figure out how NOT to fill up the download area. Yes I do go overboard when I'm blog hoppin.. :blush

Jodi
11-08-2009, 11:34 PM
Just be sure you cut and paste and not copy and paste and don't just drag and drop.

Granny Judy
11-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Jodi, you are a genius!!! I never thought of Cut & Paste. I was draggin & droppin.. copy & pasting.. DUH...

Jodi
11-09-2009, 04:56 PM
No problem

Jodi
11-22-2009, 09:30 PM
Granny Judy, guess what!? I finally asked hubby how to get my downloads to go to my desktop and he showed me! Go to your internet browser (mine is Firefox so if it's different for yours I am sorry) go to tools, then you get this box.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/FannyMay/DesktopDownloads.jpg

Go to Main and then browse and then just pick your desktop.

missdamsel
11-23-2009, 08:17 PM
I have been using Windows 7 for a while now. I love it!