PDA

View Full Version : Working with layers

Ranee
01-08-2009, 02:46 PM
I know the general way to work with them but I haven't quite figured out how to get one when I accidentally send it behind everything.

How do you get it back up to change the layer position? I end up deleting that layer and reinserting.

Jodi
01-08-2009, 04:38 PM
What program are you using? I would think that you could just click on that layer again and do "send to front". Do you have a section over to the right where you can see a preview of all your layers in order?

Ranee
01-08-2009, 09:56 PM
I have PE7. I think I figured out you have to switch between the create and edit screens. On the edit screen it has the layers off to the side.

So do I just click on one of those layers in the list or right click and change it or what?

Once it goes behind my background I can't get to it, so I just undo and do it again. lol

Jodi
01-08-2009, 10:49 PM
See those little eyes next to the layers preview? If you click the eye you can make that layer invisible and see the other layers. Also if you left click the layer (over to the right on the previews) you can drag it around up or down to move it to the top or the bottom. Hope that helps!

I have PE7. I think I figured out you have to switch between the create and edit screens. On the edit screen it has the layers off to the side.

So do I just click on one of those layers in the list or right click and change it or what?

Once it goes behind my background I can't get to it, so I just undo and do it again. lol

Ranee
01-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Thank you. I'll have to check it out tonight.