PDA

View Full Version : Downloaded PSE 7 trial

madscrapper
06-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Okay, so I bit the big one and decided to DL the PSE 7 trial. I'm totally loving the drag n drop feature but I cannot figure out how to open my layers palette or anything for drop shadows. I found it in the windows drop down menu but for some reason I don't have the option to open the effects palette. Any ideas ladies?

JaneAgain
06-24-2009, 02:21 PM
Do you mean effects (layer styles) or layers? Check in the Window Menu to see if it has a check mark beside it. It should. IF not check it. If that doesn't work, I suggest you PM Jodi and ask her to see your post. She's the PSE7 goddess as far as I"m concerned, lol. Also...somewhere I saw a deal on PSE7...39.99. See if you can find that before you pay full price. :) I love PSE 7. It makes me happy. I keep finding out things that I thought I couldn't do with it that I can.

madscrapper
06-25-2009, 01:13 PM
Its not checked. The problem is that I don't have the option to check it in the windows tab. Its blocked for some reason. NOw...I'm off to search that AWESOME deal! LOL!

charmedeebob
06-25-2009, 01:38 PM
I'm not sure Marie, if you can't just select it from the drop down menu then I don't know how to fix that :( Sometimes I have windows open on my workspace that are tabbed, so it might be hidden behind another window, like your history or something. Hope you can figure it out!

JaneAgain
06-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Something that happened to me yesterday...mine disappeared! If you look at the sides of your screen in the middle, you should have arrows pointing in to make them smaller...try clicking on the one on the right and see if your menus appear. That's odd that they don't show up in the window menu. Are you sure you got a full trial? Maybe that's the problem? Maybe you should re-download it? Did you get it from the adobe website? That's where I got mine from and I had no problems with it. What a pain!

madscrapper
06-25-2009, 06:57 PM
Yup. I DL-ed it again today and made sure it was from the adobe website with no luck this time either. Sigh...I'll keep playing with it!

JaneAgain
06-26-2009, 01:57 AM
Okay...here's something...

Are you going into the edit or create section when you first open it up? You should be in EDIT. And then you should be in FULL EDIT, not quick or guided. Are you there?

madscrapper
06-26-2009, 03:02 PM
Well crapola! LOL! NO! I'll try it again! Thanks jane!

JaneAgain
06-26-2009, 06:56 PM
oh yay! I hope that works! I had so much trouble figuring out pse...here's one more piece of information that I didn't know. When you are making your LO, drag your BIG thing (paper, photo, element, whatever) in the main screen, DOWN into the little one (then click or double-click on it, I forget which) to work with it. (You work with it in the main screen.) If you drag your little elements up into the main screen, you won't be able to change anything if you close and re-open it. You won't even be able to resize it. I forget why. But trust me, it doesn't work, lol! Does that make sense?

madscrapper
06-27-2009, 12:31 PM
It does, now I just have to figure out WHY my computer un-installs PSE whenever I shut it down. GRRRR....I have to go DL it AGAIN. At this point I might as well just forget it...

madscrapper
06-27-2009, 06:05 PM
Okay, so I re-installed it and you were right! LOL! I was hitting create instead of edit to enter it. Now I have all my layer effects I need!! I even used PSE to do my OTS stuff this week!! Thanks so much Jane!

JaneAgain
06-27-2009, 07:50 PM
You're welcome! I'm so glad I can help. I'm not an expert, by any means, but I really like PSE7, and I kept doing things wrong at first, lol, so I figured out a lot of mistakes. :)

madscrapper
06-29-2009, 12:10 PM
LOL! Thanks!