PDA

View Full Version : How much time do you spend editing your photos?

lnewhouse
12-21-2013, 07:23 PM
I am a fan of trying to use the pics i choose in the straight out of camera version but when I do edit them it takes quite a bit more time. How much time do you spend editing yours?

dodgeladee
12-22-2013, 04:57 PM
I usually only will crop and maybe do some color adjustments. I don't want to spend precious time editing photos. So I think about that when taking photos as well.

DianaB
12-22-2013, 06:57 PM
Depends on the photo, how big/prominent it will be on a page, etc. I enjoy playing with my photos sometimes, so I'll edit them without the intention of using them that way on a layout.

For most layouts I will do a little color and/or color adjustment {if anything}. I'll do it right in the layout so I don't have to spend the extra time opening, editing, dragging, etc. I'll just pull the picture into the layout and then decide if it needs something. I'd say on average it takes me 2-3 minutes per photo when just creating a layout. But I'll spend 30 minutes editing a photo for fun (I'm still learning PS too, so I have to 'play' a lot to get a desired look).

msbrad
12-22-2013, 10:45 PM
I shoot in RAW, and I do edit. I'm not sure if I could place a 'time' on the amount of time. That said, my photos are getting better and I have a pretty fast system to correct if needed.
m
ps- I'm always a bit sad when I see photos posted that could have been enhanced easily and were not.

trina513
12-23-2013, 12:31 AM
Definitely depends on the photos - I tend to take a bazillion, esp group photos, so I can edit them to make a photo where everyone looks as good as they can look ;) Takes a long time, but its nice in the end :)

kelley
12-23-2013, 04:35 PM
I usually load my photos into ACR and batch edit, meaning clean edit 1 photo per set, then copy those settings to all the others in bridge. I only worry about more editing if I'm doing portraits or if I want a certain look for a scrapbook page or other purpose. Overall, I don't spend that much time on editing unless I get into an editing kick.

Lisa
12-23-2013, 05:14 PM
I just fix the levels and occasionally fiddle with the curves. I am not a fan of over processed photos.

And I wish everyone would, at least, fix the simple things - like creepy, green flash pet eyes!!!

AmandaDawnRN
12-24-2013, 12:26 AM
I edit most my photos at least a tad. I spend very little time thanks to Rad Lab.

msbrad
12-24-2013, 01:36 AM
I usually load my photos into ACR and batch edit, meaning clean edit 1 photo per set, then copy those settings to all the others in bridge. I only worry about more editing if I'm doing portraits or if I want a certain look for a scrapbook page or other purpose. Overall, I don't spend that much time on editing unless I get into an editing kick.
I've heard of doing this..and I'm intrigued because...every photo has it lighting for it's own moment.
How cool it works for you.
m

msbrad
12-24-2013, 01:37 AM
I edit most my photos at least a tad. I spend very little time thanks to Rad Lab.

OK Amanda, 'who/what' is rad lab?
m

AmandaDawnRN
12-24-2013, 03:25 AM
Here's their website: http://www.gettotallyrad.com/radlab/

It can be pricey but if you like on FB and watch they will run coupons and discounts from time to time.

They have a free trial as well but be careful as you will be addicted!!

mariewilcox
12-24-2013, 12:40 PM
I edit most of my photos at least a little - brighten them up or sharpen them up, adjust for color, etc. It doesn't take me long at all - a few clicks on a few actions and I'm done.

craftytam
12-26-2013, 11:21 PM
I usually use a few simple (free) actions to edit.
I've wanted to try RadLab, but it's a bit pricey for me right now. Also, I didn't realize it worked in PSE until I just checked the FAQ (Thanks, Amanda!). So, I'll keep it on my wish list for now!

Ponytails
12-29-2013, 05:26 AM
I do simple edits like red-eye fixes and blemish fixes. Sometimes I adjust the levels a bit. That's usually all I do, except for in rare occasions where I might do more. I've played with Radlab, but I have Lightroom, so I don't need to invest in another program that will do the same thing. Now I just have to learn how to use it! :)

scrappingirl
01-04-2014, 04:18 AM
I also just do simple edits, red-eye, lighting and mess with the colors just a tiny bit sometimes! I have never heard of Radlab...I'm off to check it out! :D

sharjen
01-05-2014, 12:42 AM
I did the trial for Rad Lab and loved it but couldn't justify spending the money on it. :( I did find some excellent free actions that I use on almost every picture from Pioneer Woman. She has two different action sets 1 and 2 and I use them both. They work with PSE and PS. The one action I do on almost every indoor photo is her slight light action to add light to my photos. Makes a big difference!

zenjen
01-05-2014, 05:38 AM
I always sharpen and crop and usually mess with color some. I try to do as little as possible for the biggest bang so I can spend time on the fun scrapping part:)