PDA

View Full Version : Scrapbooking Goals

craftytam
12-17-2013, 09:23 PM
I don't know about you, but 2013 seemed to be gone in a snap for me - which I'm kind of glad for...it's been a challenging year! :36_11_7:. Before we know it, it will be 2014! :multistars:

I've never set scrapbooking goals I seem to be hit & miss with my scrapping - mostly CT layouts...I don't think I'd get any done if I wasn't on CTs! :shh

Do you set scrapbooking goals at the beginning of each year? Do you just "wing-it" and whatever gets done, gets done?

If you set goals, how do you decide what your goal should be? What are your goals for 2014?

Sarah
12-18-2013, 12:28 AM
I only have ONE goal: Scrap the memories that mean the most, but don't just scrap those.
I'm notorious for scrapping the dishes, the laundry, the icky moments in life. So, I'll be continuing that.
:D

My WORD for 2014 is "Capture" so I think that fits ;)

DianaB
12-18-2013, 01:35 PM
I use scrapping as a creative outlet as well as for preserving memories. My goal is to focus more on the memories. I recently came across some old blog posts of mine that told stories I had completely forgotten. I need to get them onto layouts so that I don't forget them again!

But the only specific goal I'm setting is to finish my LegoLand book!

mariewilcox
12-18-2013, 02:29 PM
I don't set goals, other than to scrap when I can:D! I would like to get the photos from our big trip this past summer scrapped but I don't do well with pressure from goal setting so I'll just try to get it done when I can.

emscraps
12-18-2013, 03:54 PM
Last year I tried Project 52, started off okay, but totally fell off the wagon, LOL.
Hopefully I can do it again this year!

Sarah
12-18-2013, 04:02 PM
Last year I tried Project 52, started off okay, but totally fell off the wagon, LOL.

2014 is going to be your year! There's a FUN SURPRISE for it (that's all I'm saying) :D

emscraps
12-18-2013, 04:20 PM
Hmmm....I'm quite intrigued, Sarah!! You do an amazing job with it, I love peeking into your life and it's a great way to remember what happened. I use Oh Life almost daily, I really should just bite the bullet and make pages using what I wrote on it. I LOVE that site!!

craftytam
12-18-2013, 04:21 PM
I only have ONE goal: Scrap the memories that mean the most, but don't just scrap those.
I'm notorious for scrapping the dishes, the laundry, the icky moments in life. So, I'll be continuing that.
:D

My WORD for 2014 is "Capture" so I think that fits ;)

I think it's awesome that you scrap the every day & icky moments. I try to take photos of those and get layouts done of them once in a while. Sometimes those are the things that are most fun to look back on!
I like your word for 2014. I've never chosen a word for the year, but I think I'm going to start this year!

craftytam
12-18-2013, 04:22 PM
I use scrapping as a creative outlet as well as for preserving memories. My goal is to focus more on the memories. I recently came across some old blog posts of mine that told stories I had completely forgotten. I need to get them onto layouts so that I don't forget them again!

How awesome is that, to find old stories?! What a treasure!

I think that's a fantastic goal - to finish a trip book. I can't wait to see yhe layouts of your trip!

craftytam
12-18-2013, 04:24 PM
I don't set goals, other than to scrap when I can:D! I would like to get the photos from our big trip this past summer scrapped but I don't do well with pressure from goal setting so I'll just try to get it done when I can.

Marie, I totally understand that! I'm kind of the same way. I don't like the pressure!
Best of luck getting your big trip scrapped. That will be an awesome accomplishment :)

Sarah
12-18-2013, 04:25 PM
I think it's awesome that you scrap the every day & icky moments. I try to take photos of those and get layouts done of them once in a while. Sometimes those are the things that are most fun to look back on!
I like your word for 2014. I've never chosen a word for the year, but I think I'm going to start this year!

I just have to remember that life isn't always pretty. It's actually come in handy a few times. We're able to track when the kids get sick, and things like that :D It also helps me learn my camera, which is always a good thing :D

Hmmm....I'm quite intrigued, Sarah!! You do an amazing job with it, I love peeking into your life and it's a great way to remember what happened. I use Oh Life almost daily, I really should just bite the bullet and make pages using what I wrote on it. I LOVE that site!!

Thanks! Julie (Creations by Julie) was my big inspiration!
I've never heard of "Oh Life"! I have a planner that I have used each year by Log Your Memory but they closed earlier this year. Thankfully, I found another planner designed by a digiscrapper that is a PERFECT replacement. (I've done a video review (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwSI2x48U5g) on it)

craftytam
12-18-2013, 04:27 PM

Good luck, Em! I've never been able to complete a PL, P52, 365...or any of those! I think it's too disciplined for me :D

craftytam
12-18-2013, 04:28 PM
I just have to remember that life isn't always pretty. It's actually come in handy a few times. We're able to track when the kids get sick, and things like that :D It also helps me learn my camera, which is always a good thing :D

Thanks! Julie (Creations by Julie) was my big inspiration!
I've never heard of "Oh Life"! I have a planner that I have used each year by Log Your Memory but they closed earlier this year. Thankfully, I found another planner designed by a digiscrapper that is a PERFECT replacement. (I've done a video review (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwSI2x48U5g) on it)

I saw the planner on her blog & was curious. I can't wait to watch your review!

kpmelly
12-18-2013, 07:25 PM
Last year I set my scrapbooking goals the first time - and itīs tiled.

The first one was to complete my photobooks for 2012 and to start some of the years before. And YES, I get it: my photobooks of 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 are complete and they are standing on my board in printed version *YAY*

My second goal was, to do weekly pages, and that is something I donīt get. I had to find out that thatīs not my style. YES I do any layouts every week, but I donīt take photos every week - so thatīs a goal to set again. Will find more time to do "special" fotos - to improve my knowledge of photography and than I can do my pages to "document" my way of photographing.

Sarah
12-18-2013, 07:34 PM
For those wanting to do daily photos, FatMumSlim (http://www.fatmumslim.com.au/) does an AMAZING monthly prompt list:

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/q71/s720x720/971816_10152168578096522_622697974_n.jpg
http://www.fatmumslim.com.au/

AmandaDawnRN
12-18-2013, 07:49 PM
My scrap goal is simple and sweet....Just Scrap!! I may attempt a combo of a Project 52 and Project Life (are these totally different?). I take tons of photos of events but struggle with capturing the everyday things at times so a week may go by w/o a photo right now.

My word for 2013 was "organize" am I did make a little progress towards this but it is an ongoing goal with 2 kiddos

craftytam
12-19-2013, 12:10 AM
Last year I set my scrapbooking goals the first time - and itīs tiled.

The first one was to complete my photobooks for 2012 and to start some of the years before. And YES, I get it: my photobooks of 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 are complete and they are standing on my board in printed version *YAY*

My second goal was, to do weekly pages, and that is something I donīt get. I had to find out that thatīs not my style. YES I do any layouts every week, but I donīt take photos every week - so thatīs a goal to set again. Will find more time to do "special" fotos - to improve my knowledge of photography and than I can do my pages to "document" my way of photographing.

Wow Melly! You really made a lot of progress last year!
I think realizing that weekly pages are not your style is a good thing. It's fun to challenge yourself, but doing a project like that takes a lot of commitment and if you're not totally in to it, it's going to just bog you down.

msbrad
12-19-2013, 01:55 AM
2014---needs to be my year. Well at least a hopeful approach to the year. 2013 started so well then many things added onto my plate.
I will once again pray for organization along with safety and health for family and pics to scrap the memories.
m

craftytam
12-20-2013, 06:13 AM
2014---needs to be my year. Well at least a hopeful approach to the year. 2013 started so well then many things added onto my plate.
I will once again pray for organization along with safety and health for family and pics to scrap the memories.
m

I totally agree! I NEED this to be my year as well :)

lnewhouse
12-21-2013, 07:15 PM
I scrap whenever I come across a photo that catches my eye or for CT layouts. I don't have a goal but to scrap whenever I can!

Colleen
12-21-2013, 08:42 PM
You are making an entire book just from Legoland? You must've taken lots of photos!!! :)

Colleen
12-21-2013, 08:45 PM
I love doing Project Life. I have done it every year since 2009!

Otherwise, my only other goal is to get caught up to the current year. I am have a ways to go for that! ;) HAHA

DianaB
12-22-2013, 07:04 PM
You are making an entire book just from Legoland? You must've taken lots of photos!!! :)

Yes, yes I did. Between my hubby and I, I think we have at least 500 pictures. MOST of them won't get scrapped. There are a lot of close ups of the different models. But it was THE highlight of our trip to Southern California last year, so I plan on showing off as much as I can. It won't be a large book, but my goal is to make an 8x8 book of just LEGOLand, probably with about 15 pages. I'll also make a couple two page spreads that summarize LEGOLand to put in our entire trip book.

I also need to finish our Galveston Island book from 2011 and now our Alaska trip from this year. :/ And that's just the trips! I feel SO BEHIND.