PDA

View Full Version : Lost Mojo? How do you get it back?

dodgeladee
12-14-2013, 05:18 AM
I have been staring at my screen for a while now, and I just can't get it together. When you lose your MOJO, how do you get YOURS back? Would love to hear what others do!

Lisa
12-14-2013, 05:48 AM
I'm in the same boat, (for me) I think there's just too much going on this month and when I do sit down to create I keep thinking there's something else I should be doing.

Do you have some great pics to scrap? If not, how about creating a great photo op? Going out to see some holiday lights or a trip to the snow?

kpmelly
12-14-2013, 01:27 PM
Sometimes it helps, simply to do a break and have a walk ;) - but when I sit here, and nothing works I walk through the challenges or any galleries to have a look and let inspire me.

dodgeladee
12-14-2013, 03:16 PM
You know, Lisa, I think you hit it on the head. In my head I have all this stuff that I need to get done, and I think that is what is hindering me.

Great idea about the photo op! I think I will do that today with my best friend. That will be great fun! Thanks so much for the idea.

Melly, good idea as well. I started to do that last night. It really helped with the frustration. Thanks!!

trina513
12-14-2013, 03:50 PM
Sometimes stepping away for a day or two, just doing other things makes me want to sit down and scrap ;)

Good luck getting your mojo back - if not enjoy a few days off!

gethane
12-14-2013, 04:31 PM
When I lose my mojo, it usually takes some cool pictures I just took that I want to scrap to get it back. Try taking some new pictures!

Colleen
12-14-2013, 07:12 PM
Exactly what Trina said. I will deep clean something or work on a house project of some sort.
Sometimes stepping away for a day or two, just doing other things makes me want to sit down and scrap ;)

Good luck getting your mojo back - if not enjoy a few days off!

jencrook
12-15-2013, 01:11 AM
I go through this many times a year because I am working and also going to school so my windows of scrapping opportunity come between semesters. By the time I have the chance to do it, I usually feel like I have no mojo. What I have found that helps is forcing myself to build a page (usually with a template) to get going again. By the time I am done, I usually have the mojo back and I roll hard and fast until the next break only to go through the process all over again. Hunkering down and doing one LO is almost always all it takes to get going again.

HJsMyles
12-15-2013, 05:49 PM
I have got mine back by getting my hands on the right template! But there is just too much to do this month!

emscraps
12-15-2013, 06:30 PM
I often look at the galleries for inspiration. I like challenges that tell me what to do, lol.... Like templates or recipe challenges.

emscraps
12-15-2013, 06:32 PM
Or buying new kits, hehe!

Colleen
12-15-2013, 07:27 PM
Sooooo - is your mojo back?!? :)

Another thing I do is scrap for Trina when I lack any mojo! LOL I make her share her photos with me and for some reason that gets me out of my funk!

dodgeladee
12-15-2013, 11:37 PM
So, I got some stuff done, and I am going to get started on my scrappin' as I wait for my caramel to happen on the stove. I will be glad when Friday gets here... yay... VACATION! I think that will help. Rest, I think that is what I need.

craftytam
12-17-2013, 10:14 PM
I usually end up browsing Pinterest and letting my mind just veg...I've been doing a lot of that lately! hehe I think it's hard this time of year with so much going on.

lnewhouse
12-21-2013, 08:25 PM
I have got mine back by getting my hands on the right template! But there is just too much to do this month!

This is my strategy also and if I can't get back on track I go back through the hundreds and hundreds of kits I have ammassed over the last 7 years and find a fun one with no pressure to make only CT pages. That always helps :)