PDA

View Full Version : Happy Friday the 13th!!!

emscraps
12-13-2013, 05:03 PM
:smiley-vault-signs-

So tell me, are you superstitious?

Me, I guess I am. I find myself not wanting to go under ladders and I don't open umbrellas indoors.

Ambelleina
12-13-2013, 06:46 PM
Oh my, not at all, lol. I think Connie asked this question a while back on FB and I said that I always open my umbrellas indoors to dry them, I step on sidewalk cracks, I "split the pole" when walking with my boyfriend (he hates that lmao), I use a broken compact mirror every day and I have a black cat!

The only reason I wouldn't walk under a ladder is because I don't want to get Final Destination'd!

hehe

SandyPie
12-13-2013, 07:50 PM
Superstitious, just a little, but not about Friday the 13th, unless I was at a camp with a bunch of teenagers. ;)

gethane
12-13-2013, 11:37 PM
Nope! Hubby and I started dating on Friday the 13th in November 1998 so we have always celebrated the 13th and still wish each other Happy 13th every month. So we love Friday the 13ths.

trina513
12-14-2013, 01:28 AM
My birthday is occasionally on Friday the 13th, so I like the date ;)

msbrad
12-14-2013, 01:29 AM
Today was pretty good overall. I will stop at that.
m

Pippin
12-14-2013, 09:05 AM
I'm not superstitious at all, but December 13 is another thing for us Swedes. We celebrate Santa Lucia, an italian christian girl who was killed for her faith in the 300's. The celebration is also to get rid of evil spirits on the darkest nights of the year. We have a girl with candles in her hair and several girls and boys with her with a candle in their hands and the sing the beautiful Christmas hymns and songs early in the morning. I'll enclose a picture for you to see. A new girl is chosen every year to be the Lucia and they show this on TV early in the morning every year.

http://www.svt.se/cachable_image/1386864360/lucia/article1671879.svt/alternates/large_cinema/luciatag_992.jpg

emscraps
12-15-2013, 06:43 AM
Pia, that is beautiful! I remember my son sang about her one year for choir. Santa Lucia.... What a beautiful tradition to carry on!

Trina, my daughter's birthday lands on a Friday the 13th sometimes, it did just last year! She's very lucky indeed.

Gethane, I remember that layout you made about your anniversary, I think you two went wine tasting in Livermore. I remember thinking how wonderful it is to go out every month.