PDA

View Full Version : What is your must have elment on a layout??

emscraps
12-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Besides flowers, what is the go-to element you have on most of your layouts?

Me, I'm still a big fan of banners!! LOVE them! I use them on many of my layouts. If the kit did not come with one, I try to make my own. I've been lovin' the textured banners I've been seeing in kits lately, like the burlap on in this month's Monthly Mix!

http://store.gingerscraps.net/images/P/GS_wildflower_full.jpg (http://store.gingerscraps.net/Monthly-Mix-Wildflower.html)

msbrad
12-12-2013, 05:58 PM
That is a cool banner Em.I'm trying to think what my 'go to' element is. [I even checked my gallery-LOL]. I'm not sure I have just one....
although I love stitching in a kit or any fastener.
m

DianaB
12-12-2013, 06:05 PM
I don't have one go-to, but I would say stitching with ricrac being a close second.

That is a cool banner in that kit. I don't use banners a lot, they just never seem to look right unless I'm using a template that already has it placed.

Tamie
12-12-2013, 06:08 PM
stitching is a must and like at least one straight stitching!!!!!! and the perfect greeny matching the season or flowers. Drives me nuts to see rose leaves with a tulip element :) .... lol Like now winter or Christmas kits, i like to see different kinds of pine twigs/springs/needles, holly leaves and not the summer leaves of flowers. (Yeah, I know I am anal) lol

janedee
12-12-2013, 06:11 PM
I almost alway have a mask or brush on my page. I'm pretty minimalist with actual elements.

craftytam
12-12-2013, 07:47 PM
I seem to use flowers more than anything, but always want greenery, staples, curly ribbon or string... okay, I guess I don't have a "go-to" item! ;)

trina513
12-12-2013, 08:22 PM
I'm NOT a flower person - which is hard, because EVERY kit has a ton of flowers! But I agree I love banners (and I'm pretty sure I used that banner when I was working w/ that kit, loved the burlap as well!)

I'd say buttons! I love buttons! and stitching, string, alphas (can that be considered an element?)

Ambelleina
12-12-2013, 08:27 PM
That's a toughie! I absolutely love a really good stitching ellie. If it's in a kit, I'll use it. If it's not, I have a big pack of neutral stitches in all different shapes I use all the time!

emscraps
12-12-2013, 08:29 PM
Sounds like stitching is a must have!! I agree! It adds such a homey feel, like a cozy blanket, LOL.
I also love that it adds extra texture to the layout!

Ricki
12-12-2013, 08:30 PM
I have a thing for leaves. Of all kinds :)

Pippin
12-13-2013, 08:11 AM
Besides flowers (a must-have) I love ribbons and stitching. Of course some greenery to go with the flowers and I do like banners too. OK, just have to admit it, I love everything! LOL

SandyPie
12-13-2013, 08:55 PM
I love flowers in my layouts and button or greenery for tucking in and under stuff.

Colleen
12-13-2013, 10:03 PM
This is a tough question! I'm still liking banners on my LOs. I'm surprise I'm not sick of them by now! lol I like them to be different though. Burlap, fabric, not straight across. I like stitches too. String or non-flat ribbon. I like LOs that have lots of non-flower ellies.

mocamom
12-14-2013, 11:14 AM
I don't really use flowers much at all (I'm an anomaly I know!) but I too love curved banners and stitching of any kind! Tags are another favorite of mine for adding dates or small snippets of information!