PDA

View Full Version : Photo book struggles

gethane
12-06-2013, 05:32 AM
Anyone else here struggling with holiday photo books? Please chime in with your own troubles.

I was hoping to complete a 61 page book. I am using Artscow, and have for the last three years. You can either make a 39 page book, or 61. I have enough content for 61. We did a lot of stuff this year that I want to document. But I only have 46 pages done. Their deadline for Christmas shipping is Saturday. I can't get 7 more double page spreads done and the cover and title page done by Saturday. So I'm paring my book down to 39.

msbrad
12-06-2013, 03:53 PM
Where I print the books can be any size [after 20 pages]. I'm trying hard to complete one for a gift.
m

emscraps
12-06-2013, 07:22 PM
WTG you both for creating books with your layouts. My layouts are sitting lonely on the hard drive!!

However, I will be printing out a book for my aunt this Christmas. I made her one before, but it was destroyed in the typhoon in the Philippines.

Sarah
12-07-2013, 02:31 AM
WTG you both for creating books with your layouts. My layouts are sitting lonely on the hard drive!!

However, I will be printing out a book for my aunt this Christmas. I made her one before, but it was destroyed in the typhoon in the Philippines.

:( but YAY for having access to the pages! Another reason to love digital scrapbooking!

gethane
12-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Hurray! I got the (39 page) book done and ordered. I love Artscow Christmas coupons deals. Six books for 78 bucks! On for me, one for my oldest daughter, one for my mom, one for my mother-in-law, one for my grandma and one for my husband's grandma. I figure with that many floating around, one will surely survive :). This is my fourth Artscow order. Yes, they aren't the best, and I know that, but I can't afford 30-40 bucks per book and I really like having a book printed every year. My children love looking through the old books.

emscraps
12-09-2013, 07:27 PM
:( but YAY for having access to the pages! Another reason to love digital scrapbooking!

SOOOO true, Sarah!! I am so in love with digi-scrapping. Especially that I can do it at work, too! SHHHH, lol.

Now, I have to remember to always back up layouts, not just kits and pictures!

gina329
12-11-2013, 03:10 PM
I printed out one book with my LO's and wasn't happy since I didnt know I'd have to resize certain ones so they wouldn't get cut off on the edges. I just print them and put them in albums now. Maybe some double page templates will help you out?

gethane
12-14-2013, 12:26 AM
My books have already shipped! Since I was worried they wouldn't get here in time, I shipped them straight to Nebraska though, so I'll have to wait for 11 days to see them.