View Full Version : The Contestants- *I Survived Week 3*

GingerScraps
11-06-2013, 10:13 AM
Scrapping Survivor
Season 4
*Oz*
{the contestants}
*I Survived Week 3*
It is time to see who is moving on.. and who will escape from Oz.
The ladies that WILL BE stuck in Oz for at least one more week are:

Oh wait- one thing first... Would you like to know who won Immunity for Week 3??
The Winners of Week 3 Immunity are-
1. sparky_mom
2. CindyB
3. crazyT
4. shellbyj
5. physioscrapper
6. ScrappyCoyote
7. missdamsel
8. yabby
9. StephanieH
10. trina513
BIG Congrats ladies!! You will be moving on to Week 4!

And now we are ready for the big moment....
{non-staff players}
You will be moving on to Week 4!!

CindyB
craftytam
crazyT
emscraps
enjoyyourpix
imafishtank
klgossia
lhansen148
lissykay
LyllahRaven
mamaape
mary-lynne
meagan43
MeleahG
msbrad
Neverland Scraps
physioscrapper
piccolina
robinsismai
Roknbear
scrapcrazy
scrappinbella
ScrappyCoyote
shellbyj
sparky_mom
StephanieH
tiggernjen
yabby
zenjen

{staff players}
You will be moving on to Week 4!!

Harmonystar
littleradtrio
MamaCake
missdamsel
MMDesigns
MSPeeler
Ponytails
sladd79054
trina513

And the ladies that will be escaping OZ today and "going home" are:
{non-staff}
3BluEYedBabies
aevans96
BernieTuffs
geswho40
gwalters
honeybee
Hummie
jeanniemac
jenltip
Jenn18
jrmminga
khannen
kpmelly
LeanneS
LLPooh1
Lmsandt
mocamom
mom2triplets04
MommyScrapper
NancyC
Nani
Nickala27
pamr
Stacey
SweetLittleNothingness
TheLethargicPoet
tomosia
Treemoon
trinykay
zanthia
~*Kiana*~

{staff}
Colleen
ILuvCrush
Lisa
Sarah
scrapjrlgcp

--------------------------------------------------------------------
And last but not least..... to all eliminated players.
Please don't be too sad....I hope you had fun in Oz while it lasted! Sharpen your scrapping skills and come back to give it another try Scrapping Survivor Season 5. I HATE to say goodbye to you,
This is my least favorite part of the game :(

I would be thrilled if you still came to chat with us! And follow your fellow players. Eventually they might need your vote ;)
Again - I Thank you for playing!!! :)
AND- If you would still like to do the challenges- Just for fun... please do!! Just do not post them in tribal council. You can post them in the gallery in the Voted Off the Island? (http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/showgallery.php?cat=593) section. And feel free to continue to enjoy the fun banter, we would love for you to stick around and chit chat with us!

GingerScraps
11-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Message to you ALL!!

I want to take a minute to tell you just how much I enjoyed your Layouts this week!
Even if this is the last week here in Oz, I hope you will have a scrapbook page that you can always cherish.

As I checked all the layouts, going through the gallery and forum, I found myself in tears- blowing my nose one minute ... then laughing and smiling the next.
The journaling and LO's were just amazing! It has been an honor and privilege to read your journaling. Thank you for letting us into your heart.

On a personal note, I have not scrapped in a very long time! I still LOVE the art, and so enjoy looking at others pages. However, years ago, I went through a divorce, and it broke my heart. It seemed that I could not make a page without feeling like I wanted to cry. In every photo, I saw sadness, I saw my kids who were putting on a happy face, and I saw a broken family. I didn't want to just skip years of photos- and felt like someday I would be able to overcome the sadness and create layouts with all the photos. I do not think that will ever happen, so I have decided to just pick up here- now- where we are at this moment. My kids are happy and healthy, time has helped heal. They are amazing kids, and we have a unique and very close relationship. I want to preserve OUR memories!

YOU all have encouraged me, you have given me strength. I hope that in the very near future, you will all see a new layout from me!

3BluEyedBabies
11-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Congrats to all of you who are moving on! Can't wait to see that LO from you, Ginger!

GingerScraps
11-06-2013, 11:33 AM
One more little note... I need to go to bed now, and I'm not 100% finished writing up the week 4 challenge... I will post it Wednesday evening. Just wanted to let you all know, so your not going crazy :)

seatrout
11-06-2013, 11:42 AM
congrats everyone. You all rocked :)

~*Kiana*~
11-06-2013, 12:10 PM
Congrats to everyone that made it.

I'm out this round, but I wanted to say THANK YOU to all the ladies that welcomed me into their alliances. Who voted for me and commented on my layouts. You all made me feel very welcomed. Good Luck!!!!!

createdbyjill
11-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Congratulations to everyone moving on to Week 4 and to everyone that participated in this amazing Survivor season so far! You are all winners in my book....you have bared your souls to us and ....wow....I was truly blown away by all of the gorgeous layouts! So much talent in 1 place!

pamr
11-06-2013, 12:39 PM
I'm waiting to see if I stay or if I go, hehe! Seems I'm on both lists this time. But to those who stay, congrats! And to those that had to go, so sorry, you'll get em next time!

trina513
11-06-2013, 12:41 PM
WOW!! I cant believe I got immunity! I thought for sure I was too late!! Snuck in!

msbrad
11-06-2013, 01:00 PM
I too was blown away by each page with stunning page composition and heartfelt journaling. As others have stated a combination of tears and smiles with each page.
and
after reading thru the credits, there are more kits on my wish list!

whether you are staying on in oz or not, super meaningful pages were created and that is what is most important.
m

Nani
11-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Congrats to everyone who made it to round 4! :)

I just wanted to mention that I get comments about my journaling often, even when we aren't in Oz and lots of people say "I wish I could do that" or "I can't do that." Take a look at the layouts from the last 2 weeks and read the wonderful heartfelt journaling; we ALL have it in us! Just keep typing what your heart says in the good and the bad and you can do awesome journaling like every last person who visited Oz has! Crafty people with big hearts can do ANYTHING!

I'm going to bring my big bottle of computer-safe Windex into the Voted off The Island gallery which hasn't been used since 2011 and keep playing along. Ginger has given us great challenges and I want to bring that Technicolor magic back to Kansas! I hope the rest of you join me now that we've escaped Oz!

scrapcrazy
11-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Wow! So honored to have made it through this week! There were so many great pages, funny and heartfelt alike! Thanks for the votes! I hope everyone sticks around to chat and have fun! I will miss you guys if you don't!

geswho40
11-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Awwww, I got voted off, but it's been fun and there are soooo many fantastic LO's, so ladies keep it up and I will be watching and cheering my favs on. Thanks for the fun challenge and all of the hard work that has been put into this. Good luck all!

ScrappyCoyote
11-06-2013, 02:37 PM
Whew! I am in for another week. Congratulations to everyone who had layouts this last time around. So many wonderful ones. So much of us "exposed" through all that heartfelt journaling. I plan to have tissues on hand when I look at the new entries. Amazing. We are totally amazing women. Each and every one of us!!

mamaape
11-06-2013, 03:03 PM
Thank you to everyone who voted! Once again I'm happy to see that the five I voted for are moving on to Week 4 too! Sad to see others go, but happy that I get to stress out for another week. ;)

(*note, stress is all in good fun and I can't wait to see what the new challenge is!!)

Lisa
11-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Congrats to the Survivors! I, sad face, am not one but I will be watching and voting (and taking bribes) from home.

Good luck to all!

mamaape
11-06-2013, 03:13 PM
*Considers all sorts of bribes*... ^_^

Congrats to the Survivors! I, sad face, am not one but I will be watching and voting (and taking bribes) from home.

Good luck to all!

emscraps
11-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Everyone did an amazing job with this challenge!! It sure was a rollercoaster of emotions reading from one page to the next!! Every single one of us has a very blessed life. Thank you Ginger for bringing us all together in this one big crazy, happy, family!

craftytam
11-06-2013, 03:34 PM
On a personal note, I have not scrapped in a very long time! I still LOVE the art, and so enjoy looking at others pages. However, years ago, I went through a divorce, and it broke my heart. It seemed that I could not make a page without feeling like I wanted to cry. In every photo, I saw sadness, I saw my kids who were putting on a happy face, and I saw a broken family. I didn't want to just skip years of photos- and felt like someday I would be able to overcome the sadness and create layouts with all the photos. I do not think that will ever happen, so I have decided to just pick up here- now- where we are at this moment. My kids are happy and healthy, time has helped heal. They are amazing kids, and we have a unique and very close relationship. I want to preserve OUR memories!

YOU all have encouraged me, you have given me strength. I hope that in the very near future, you will all see a new layout from me!

Ginger, I totally understand this. I didn't go through a divorce, but have been through so much heartache in the last several years. There were years of photos that I couldn't even make myself look at, let alone scrap!

Reading through a lot of the emotional, heart-wrenching layouts in the gallery (mine wasn't one of them!) made me realize that scrapbooking these times can help me heal.

I'm so excited that you are at a place where you can start preserving memories again! :)

kpmelly
11-06-2013, 04:05 PM
Congrats to all survivors! Seems to go on quieter now - Im out, but happy with my pages / results. Hope everybody who moves with me had a great time too!

NancyC
11-06-2013, 04:10 PM
Congrats to all those moving on to Week 4. I'll be leaving Oz, but I've had so much fun playing along and have met some really awesome ladies. All the layouts have been absolutely awesome and for that reason I believe everyone is a winner. Good luck to all those who remain in Oz and I'll be cheering you all on from the side lines.

msbrad
11-06-2013, 04:13 PM
I hope you stick around at GS Nancy, even after this challenge ends.
m

Atusia
11-06-2013, 05:16 PM
Congratulations to all those that survived! Good luck in week 4

Nickala27
11-06-2013, 05:49 PM
Seems I'm on both as well! Looks like I still have a bit of a wait to find out if I made it. Congratulations to all those who made it through

BernieTuffs
11-06-2013, 05:53 PM
BIG congrats to everyone who got through!

That was one emotional gallery this week!! xx

mary-lynne
11-06-2013, 05:53 PM
Oh Ginger, that is such an inspiring message. So glad you and your kids have "come out the other side" so well. Been there done that, it can be crippling. I do find scrapping, with all our digi friends to be sooo therapeutic!

mary-lynne
11-06-2013, 05:55 PM
So excited to survive this week! And, so humbled by the awesome layouts that got left in Oz...we will miss you!

Neverland Scraps
11-06-2013, 06:12 PM
yeah I made it through another week!! Thank you to those who voted for my layout!!

Ginger your second post just breaks my heart, but am glad that you are able to move forward through the thick and thin. I hope it wont be too long that you find yourself scrapping again. <3

klgossia
11-06-2013, 06:38 PM
I am very humbled to see that I will be staying in OZ. The layouts this week were fantastic. To those of you who have been asked to leave OZ let me take a moment to tell you how much I've enjoyed all of your layouts. Please stick around and continue to play along, I love looking at everyones layouts. To those who will be staying in OZ congratulations!!!

CindyB
11-06-2013, 06:44 PM
Congrats to all that made it through and a big thanks to everyone who voted for me. I'm excited for the next challenge.

Ginger...sending you a big hug. I have moments when certain photos bring back painful memories. I have used this hobby of ours as therapy...more times than memory keeping actually. I hope that you will find yourself scrapping pages again soon.

GingerScraps
11-06-2013, 06:45 PM
I'm waiting to see if I stay or if I go, hehe! Seems I'm on both lists this time. But to those who stay, congrats! And to those that had to go, so sorry, you'll get em next time!

Seems I'm on both as well! Looks like I still have a bit of a wait to find out if I made it. Congratulations to all those who made it through

I'm so sorry about that. Unfortunately you are both leaving Oz today. I have updated the top post. <3 <3

MSPeeler
11-06-2013, 07:18 PM
Your post gave me chills Ginger! I'm so glad you have decided to pick up and continue on. I look forward to your next of many layouts to come ;)

Sarah
11-06-2013, 07:27 PM
It's gotta be weird that the Kansans couldn't stay in Oz, but GOOD LUCK to everyone!!

scrappinbella
11-06-2013, 07:53 PM
I'm so sorry about that. Unfortunately you are both leaving Oz today. I have updated the top post. dagnabbit!

crazyT
11-06-2013, 09:08 PM
I am just getting on to the site today.. We had a little toddler emergency this morning.. my youngest son had to bring home one of the real life baby dolls last night for his class at school... well my little grand daughter took a very big liking to her and decided it was her new bff.. When she left to go back to school this morning, my little granddaughter was so so heartbroken.. she cried and sobbed and was still sobbing when I got back from taking the kids to school.. so it was time for grandma and Sierra to have their very first Grandma/kid date... We went shopping for her own little baby to love and feed and talk to. She is much happier now and though it threw my schedule way off today, it was well worth it!!!
So sad to see so many leave oz this week, everyone's layouts are so amazing and I have enjoyed learning more and more about everyone. I am happy with all the new friends in my life!
Ginger your story hit my daughters heart strings today.. She is feeling that pain of not wanting to scrap anymore even though it has been such a big part of her life. Going through her divorce right now makes her cry every time she looks at pictures and she feels so lost and broken. It made her know that she is not alone and that hopefully some day she will want to scrap her memories again.
I am excited to see challenge 4!!! Good luck everyone!

craftytam
11-06-2013, 09:46 PM
I am just getting on to the site today.. We had a little toddler emergency this morning.. my youngest son had to bring home one of the real life baby dolls last night for his class at school... well my little grand daughter took a very big liking to her and decided it was her new bff.. When she left to go back to school this morning, my little granddaughter was so so heartbroken.. she cried and sobbed and was still sobbing when I got back from taking the kids to school.. so it was time for grandma and Sierra to have their very first Grandma/kid date... We went shopping for her own little baby to love and feed and talk to. She is much happier now and though it threw my schedule way off today, it was well worth it!!!

This definitely sounds like a scrapbook page in the making! I hope you took pictures!

pamr
11-07-2013, 12:02 AM
I'm so sorry about that. Unfortunately you are both leaving Oz today. I have updated the top post. <3 <3

Thanks! Ok gals, I may be out, but I will be voting! Good luck everyone! Had a blast!

msbrad
11-07-2013, 01:12 AM
Thanks! Ok gals, I may be out, but I will be voting! Good luck everyone! Had a blast!

I'm sad...
m

piccolina
11-07-2013, 01:29 AM
Congratulations to everyone who made it through this week. I had a tough time deciding on votes as I am sure everyone did. Sorry to see so many go.

SweetLittleNothingness
11-07-2013, 02:52 AM
Oh man!! Everyone's being so nice, but I'm bummed!sad!disappointed! that I'm leaving Oz....thanks for the great challenges and I've really enjoyed the comrade-re w/ you all! So many nice comments and so much fun seeing what everyone does w/ the challenge and I'll be stalking you all til the end;)

And, Ginger----I hope you feel the Love! :)

MamaCake
11-07-2013, 04:05 AM
This is one cool thread. <3 Definitely shows that GS is indeed the friendliest place in digi scrap world! So proud to be a part of it! Congrats to all players moving on and sorry to see so many go :(

GingerScraps
11-07-2013, 06:22 AM
I love you all! You are so sweet, thank you all for your kind words.

I have already been thinking about the LO I want to make, hoping to maybe have a little me time this weekend, and I will scrap!

zenjen
11-07-2013, 09:01 PM
I am sooooooooooooo IMPRESSED with the immunity winners, that was TOUGH!!!!! Congrats to you all!

zenjen
11-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Ginger...reading this makes me sad and then happy. I am so sorry you have pain that prevents you from doing the very thing that you help all of us do everyday!!! And I know how that feels, we all have "things" that remind us of painful days that we try to avoid. (for me it was a shirt, if you can believe that, that I FINALLY gave away so I would stop coming across it in my closet, LOL)

BUT I am so happy that you decided to make new, happy memories and scrap those. Moving on in that way will probably help the healing even more!

Happy Scrapping!!!! Looking forward to your layouts!

Message to you ALL!!

I want to take a minute to tell you just how much I enjoyed your Layouts this week!
Even if this is the last week here in Oz, I hope you will have a scrapbook page that you can always cherish.

As I checked all the layouts, going through the gallery and forum, I found myself in tears- blowing my nose one minute ... then laughing and smiling the next.
The journaling and LO's were just amazing! It has been an honor and privilege to read your journaling. Thank you for letting us into your heart.

imafishtank
11-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Oh Ginger! I am so sad to read your post. I hope that scrapping can also help the healing further! *hugs *