PDA

View Full Version : Ordering glasses online?

prettyingreen
11-03-2013, 09:46 PM
I know little while ago we were talking about a site with super cute glasses at great deals, well that was before Gage needed glasses and Ana's script is too strong.... Anyways now that gage is needing a new pair of glasses I'd like to get a better deal, so I'm wondering if I order them online how will I get the fit adjusted? He's got a weird shaped head lol.
Anyone run in to a fit issue?
any advice?

Colleen
11-03-2013, 09:55 PM
I ordered from Zenni Optical. http://www.zennioptical.com

I had really good luck with them. Great prices. I ordered two pairs for less then $40 shipped!! I love both pairs of glasses. It was fast and easy.

Both of my glasses fit me fine. I know Costco has replaced screws and eye pieces in my glasses for no charge, and I didn't even purchase my glasses from them. So maybe Costco or Sam's Club would adjust them at no charge if you have a membership with them?

Colleen
11-03-2013, 09:56 PM
Also, you can upload a photo of yourself to their site to try the glasses in the shop on your face! :)

StephanieH
11-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Danielle and i just got ours from America's Best. Not online, but great prices. Two pair for $70. Might be worth looking to see if there is one in your area. Brian has a strong prescription, but he can still get two pair there for cheaper than a regular eye doctor's place.

Glori2
11-03-2013, 10:38 PM
My daughter and I have ordered from Zenni, too and all was great!

prettyingreen
11-03-2013, 11:49 PM
thanks girls... we don't have a sams or castco near by, but I wonder if I could go to the eye dr or even walmart and have them adjust his fit, even if I have to pay a little bit, that would be fine, especially if the glasses cost me less then $100

prettyingreen
11-04-2013, 12:00 AM
hum how do you figure out the PD number?

Sarah
11-04-2013, 12:26 AM
I plan on doing Zenni when I go back this spring for new glasses :D

Colleen
11-04-2013, 12:46 AM
I would think they would do it too...
thanks girls... we don't have a sams or castco near by, but I wonder if I could go to the eye dr or even walmart and have them adjust his fit, even if I have to pay a little bit, that would be fine, especially if the glasses cost me less then $100

Colleen
11-04-2013, 12:47 AM
I got the number from my eye doctor. I bet you could go into anyone to have it measured. It takes like 5 seconds, but it's a very precise and important number to have!
hum how do you figure out the PD number?

missdamsel
11-04-2013, 12:51 AM
We do all of Rachel's from Zenni. Her last ones were 3 pair for less than $50. Yes and eye glass place or doctor can measure the PD. I can't use Zenni because of the prisms in my lens. and at over $300 a pair, I can't afford more than 1 pair. :(

msbrad
11-04-2013, 12:57 AM
I am interested to follow this- as I have a difficult prescription to fit.
m

Ambelleina
11-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Hmm, I'm curious about this too. I want prescription sunglasses again, but my prescription is bananas expensive. My glasses right now cost me $300 and that was with a really good vision insurance plan that covered the first $500. Yowza.

Sarah
11-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Hmm, I'm curious about this too. I want prescription sunglasses again, but my prescription is bananas expensive. My glasses right now cost me $300 and that was with a really good vision insurance plan that covered the first $500. Yowza.

From what I can tell, you can only get non-prescription sunglasses through Zenni

StephanieH
11-04-2013, 04:04 PM
Christina - check to see if you have an America's Best in your area.

http://www.americasbest.com/

Brian is going to go with them to get his updated glasses and sunglasses because the prices are better than what he can get elsewhere. Would be worth looking into.

crazyT
11-04-2013, 04:35 PM
We got my daughters from GlassesUSA.com Extremely cheap and very reliable... she loves them:) They also sent a card for 15% off the next set.

gina329
11-04-2013, 09:58 PM
We have VSP insurance, so I end up only paying $10 for my kids glasses with the scratch proof on them.
I have used Coastal.com and they are awesome. They have a promotion for first pair free. I ended up doing that while waiting for mine to come in one year because my optometrist messed up my prescription. I ended up only paying $13 for shipping. You just have to like their page on FB and it gives you a code https://www.facebook.com/coastal.com/app_448589555162496