PDA

View Full Version : Another Scrapper From Minnesota!

minicooper452
11-03-2013, 02:49 PM
Hi all!
So glad to be here. I've just joined today, but I've been collecting freebies from your designers for a bit.
I'm from Lakeville, MN. Married to my best friend, Freddy, for over 30 years. We have two amazing daughters, Lacy and Anne, two INCREDIBLE grandchildren, Kolten (Lacy) and Caddie (Anne). Lacy's studying to be a nurse and Anne is in the USMC.
Started scrapping over 40 years ago. YES! In my teens, before anyone knew what scrapbooking was. I glued my pix on paper and added my own journaling and pix/embellies cut out of magazines. My how we've evolved! Began digi about 2009, with the anticipation of using it to get more pix included in HYBRID projects. HAHAHA! I have NEVER looked back! In fact, I've just finished scanning my leftover paper and stickers to use in the digital library. Very excited to find a new digi home and to get involved in some challenges and maybe some designing.
Carla

familyhistoryscrapper
11-03-2013, 05:35 PM
Welcome to Gingerscraps Carla. You will love it here!!

msbrad
11-03-2013, 08:14 PM
Hi Carla and welcome to Ginger Scraps. I hear you about digi v our old fashioned paper days <insert giggle, as I recall.....>
How wonderful to have your DD's and the little ones in your life. Best of luck to your nursing student daughter and extend my appreciation for service in the Marines to your other DD.
m

littleradtrio
11-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Welcome to Gingerscraps from another fellow Minnesotan! :)

Glori2
11-03-2013, 11:02 PM
Hi Hi Hi Carla from MN!!! Welcome to GS!! Enjoyed reading a bit about you and hope you find a "new home" soon! :)

dodgeladee
11-04-2013, 12:44 AM
Howdy howdy! Glad you are here! Loved your description of your scrapbooking days!

emscraps
11-04-2013, 03:21 AM
HI Carla!! So happy to have you here! I also started as a paper scrapper in high school...but now I am so in love with digi! So much easier to handle and less mess! Can't wait to see your creations!

Ambelleina
11-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Hi Carla and welcome to GS! What a great time to join us, right as DSD is still in full swing. Awesome idea about scanning in physical papers! I have some physical scrap papers I love but never want to use because I don't want to use them up. I should scan them in. Hmm, why didn't I think of that... :D

craftytam
11-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Hi Carla! Welcome to GingerScraps! This is such a fun, friendly place. I'm sure you'll love it here!

trina513
11-05-2013, 08:28 PM
Welcome to GS Carla! Glad you introduced yourself! I still say I'm from MN, even though I've been living in WI for almost 10 years - EEK! How'd that happen?!

chigirl
11-08-2013, 02:26 PM
welcome to GS, so happy to have you join us...

crazyT
11-09-2013, 12:20 AM
welcome to GS!!! it is a great place to hang out and make friends. Jump on in to the challenges going on this month, they are amazing!

Ponytails
11-12-2013, 03:29 PM
Welcome to GS! I'm a former paper scrapper myself, but once I discovered digi I never looked back. I must confess that I do still buy some pretty papers now and again, even though I don't really know what to do with them. Scanning is a great idea!

Neverland Scraps
01-29-2014, 04:55 PM
Loved reading about your history with scrapbooking!! So neat to see how you have evolved throughout the years!
So glad you found us here at GingerScraps!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/hystrix21/welcsparkle.gif (http://s3.photobucket.com/user/hystrix21/media/welcsparkle.gif.html)