PDA

View Full Version : Linking to Store from my LO

Gmas Babies
10-29-2013, 02:36 AM
Ok ladies,

I need to helpppp please... I am on several CT'S here. I made a LO with one of ColiesCorners' kits. As per normal, I also linked that LO to her store (by copying and pasting the link) to go buy it. I've also linked to the designers store like this. This time, a very kind member messaged me and told me that the link went to XCart. I've tried several times to correct this but it keeps sending it to XCart. I didn't see a button (avatar) to click to Link it. I went to my LO on DST and DSA and I can click that link to take me to her store, with no problems.

Can someone help me with this please? :beg:

StephanieH
10-29-2013, 02:39 AM
You can try adding the code manually.

[ url=paste url here ]Type the kit name[ /url ] (without the spaces in the brackets)

I have found less problems by doing it this way. A little extra typing, but it does get it done.

Gmas Babies
10-29-2013, 02:55 AM
You can try adding the code manually.

[ url=paste url here ]Type the kit name[ /url ] (without the spaces in the brackets)

I have found less problems by doing it this way. A little extra typing, but it does get it done.

OMGOSH!!!!!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you... it worked and you are awesome!!!
:36_1_33: :kisses:respect-067:

trina513
10-29-2013, 03:26 PM
Yes for some reason we are having problems with the link button - I've given up on it and always just manually enter them! :D Glad it worked for you!

rdjrneace
11-03-2013, 11:33 PM
I am having problems linking even though I use the code mentioned above it takes it to a "404" error. anyone else having this problem.

familyhistoryscrapper
11-05-2013, 12:40 AM
I am having problems linking even though I use the code mentioned above it takes it to a "404" error. anyone else having this problem.

I looked at your most recent LO and the link is definitely not linking to the store....you may have to check your spaces when inputting the url manually...there should not be ANY spaces at all once you start using the bracket:

[ (http://directlinktostore)url=directlinktostore (nospaces to the bracket) ] Name you want to show up [/url ] (Again don't put a space...it doesn't show up in the forums without the space)

rdjrneace
11-05-2013, 05:28 PM
I don't put spaces -- I actually edited one making sure there was no spaces and it still did not work. I will try again later this evening when I upload a layout to see if I am still having a problem.

gethane
11-06-2013, 01:34 AM
I had linked mine that way [url= etc etc. And even my old layouts (that used to work fine) broke with the gallery upgrade.

Lisa
11-06-2013, 02:32 AM
I don't put spaces -- I actually edited one making sure there was no spaces and it still did not work. I will try again later this evening when I upload a layout to see if I am still having a problem.

I never used spaces before but since the upgrade I've found adding spaces helps:

don't use spaces within the URL [U]but add a space here before and after the title [/url ]

GingerScraps
11-09-2013, 08:19 AM
Major news! After pulling my hair out trying to figure out why his was happening... and not being able to fix it.. I asked Stephen.
He informed me that BBC will no longer work in the gallery!
We now need to use html.

I wonder when all the other galleries in digi land will be forced to update to the newest version of the forum and gallery. It sure has been a big old pain!!

Here is a basic html code-

<a href="LINK">PRODUCT NAME</a>

rdjrneace
11-18-2013, 02:58 PM
Ginger - I have tried exactly as you have above and I still get a 404 error. I don't know what else to do.

Lisa
11-18-2013, 03:34 PM
Ginger - I have tried exactly as you have above and I still get a 404 error. I don't know what else to do.

Are you using the icons? Try this...

Type the title, select the title, once you "hi-light" it the link (chain) icon should be accessible...

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x65/dirtchickpics/ps-1.jpg
Click the chain, in the pop-up, paste your link. In the next drop down select, new window, then click insert.

StephanieH
11-18-2013, 03:43 PM
I had to go back and edit mine using the icons (that are visible again - they weren't before). If I just use the "code" now, I get a 404 error. I think the ghost of the chat room has wandered into the gallery.

rdjrneace
11-18-2013, 04:12 PM
Thanks so much Lisa -- highlighting the name will now allow me to click the linky thing. I really appreciate your pointing me in the right direction.

GingerScraps
11-19-2013, 07:49 AM
Thank you Lisa!!