PDA

View Full Version : Eastern/Asian

mamaape
10-08-2013, 02:43 AM
I would really LOVE an Asian themed kit. I have been cooking a lot of Korean and Chinese inspired foods lately, plus I just love Asian culture.

I think some things to include in the kit would be, (obviously) chopsticks, perhaps a noodle and /or rice bowl, fortune cookies, (Chinese) fans(?), sushi, a wok, bamboo anything really... Just general Asian themed things.

Would also prefer a more, brighter color pallet, as opposed to the rich reds and golds that you see in many "Asian" kits/styles.

Please and thank you! :)

Ambelleina
10-10-2013, 08:07 PM
Yes to this! I have a ton of pics from our local Asian art museum from a few different trips and I'd love a kit to go with this stuff.

Bright colors yes because I also have a ton of pics from Diwali festivals that wouldn't go with our typical interpretation of "Asian stuff" because it's a southern Asian celebration. Bright colors and swirls and more Hindu-inspired things would be nice. :)

SandyPie
10-11-2013, 02:29 PM
I'd love to see what kind of palette you're thinking April and Christina.

Something like this?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5rxm6rEYM5-ZLR9i5K5ByYRD2aQWypA3uYbApxbtnbd1KVCMQeQ

Ambelleina
10-11-2013, 03:21 PM
Yes yes, Sandy! Exactly what I was thinking, since I have so many mandala pics to scrap. :)

mamaape
10-11-2013, 06:02 PM
I think Tina is looking more for the Indian Asian and I'm thinking more Korean/Japan Asian as far as style... I could be wrong, but to clarify.. Tina?

For the color pallet I was thinking, less gold/bold hues, more... bright but not pastel (?). If you Google "Hanbok" you'll kind of get an idea of the colors:

http://knnation.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/hanbok.jpg

This is making me sound SUPER picky.. and maybe I am. *shrug*

Yes yes, Sandy! Exactly what I was thinking, since I have so many mandala pics to scrap. :)

mamaape
10-11-2013, 06:03 PM
the two hanboks on the ends are a good representation of my thoughts on colors but I love them all. (I also just think Hanboks are super pretty but that's me)