PDA

View Full Version : Wordpress Bloggers...need your guidance:)

crazyT
09-27-2013, 06:25 PM
I am considering to switch my blog to a wordpress, I am currently using blogger, Who has one and what do you use for your host... Is there a place to host it for free? If so, where. TIA:kisses

~*Kiana*~
09-27-2013, 06:34 PM
I use blogger for my poetry and family blogs. I now have a weebly website including blog for my CT layouts and designs. It's free.

crazyT
09-27-2013, 07:32 PM
I use blogger as well.. I have heard that wordpress is easier to design.. wanted to see what options are out there. Thanks Kiana:)

Sarah
09-27-2013, 08:55 PM
Wordpress.com hosts WP blogs for free :D
Wordpress.org is for self-hosted (downloading, installing it, etc).

I have one personally (that I self-host). I use Totalchoice Hosting. I <3 them.

~*Kiana*~
09-28-2013, 12:22 AM
I use blogger as well.. I have heard that wordpress is easier to design.. wanted to see what options are out there. Thanks Kiana:)

Actually I think blogger is pretty easy. Weebly blogs are super easy. I've heard Wordpress are easy too. What are you having trouble with??

crazyT
09-28-2013, 10:58 PM
I had some issues with the header.. got that fixed last night. and then had some trouble with the slides on it, but, got that fixed last night as well... so for the most part the things that were bugging me the most are okay and it is doable. I think I will stick with it after listening to/ from everyone... thanks tons everybody:)

~*Kiana*~
09-29-2013, 12:30 AM
I had some issues with the header.. got that fixed last night. and then had some trouble with the slides on it, but, got that fixed last night as well... so for the most part the things that were bugging me the most are okay and it is doable. I think I will stick with it after listening to/ from everyone... thanks tons everybody:)

Awesome!

craftytam
10-01-2013, 01:49 AM
My blog is WordPress, but I don't know much about it...I basically play with it until I get it to do what I need. I still haven't gotten blinkies added to it - that's on my "to do" list!

zanthia
10-01-2013, 06:59 PM
cant use google blogger anymore - looking to create a new blog - must be super ez to set up for free - waht do u suggest?

Sarah
10-01-2013, 07:21 PM
cant use google blogger anymore - looking to create a new blog - must be super ez to set up for free - waht do u suggest?

Wordress.com is super simple, easy, and free :D

LOTS of FAQ and help available:

http://en.support.wordpress.com/get-started/
http://en.support.wordpress.com/customize-my-site/
http://en.support.wordpress.com/create-content/

Super simple (IMO). :D
It's what Gingerscraps' blog is run on, actually (and my own personal blog, etc)

I should point out that GS is a self-hosted version of WP, so we have a bit more freedom on the things we can do (broader selection of themes, ability to edit themes, etc). But the free version does allow a LOT of freedom for customizations and the like :D

zanthia
10-03-2013, 07:01 PM
thanks fo r links sarah - hope i can do it!
just need ot find a few hours free to give it a try

Sarah
10-03-2013, 07:02 PM
You are more than welcome!

deej
10-03-2013, 08:18 PM
I also use self-hosted Wordpress on GoDaddy. Very customizable. I love both and have used both for more years than I can remember at this point. If you need help, let me know!

craftytam
10-12-2013, 08:08 PM
I also use self-hosted Wordpress on GoDaddy. Very customizable. I love both and have used both for more years than I can remember at this point. If you need help, let me know!

Is there an easy way to post "blinkies" on a WP blog? I haven't had time to look up a tutorial, but it's something I've wanted to do since I started my blog. Thanks! :)

Awyldknght
10-30-2013, 06:29 AM
Is there an easy way to post "blinkies" on a WP blog? I haven't had time to look up a tutorial, but it's something I've wanted to do since I started my blog. Thanks! :)

Where are you wanting to post them on the blog? That is the main question. Also is this a self hosted one or a WP.com blog?

craftytam
10-30-2013, 06:11 PM
Where are you wanting to post them on the blog? That is the main question. Also is this a self hosted one or a WP.com blog?

Q#1: My blog is mainly a place to advertise my designer's products, so I thought having their blinkie with a link to their store would be good.

Q#2: I believe my blog is self-hosted...I'm not really a techie (obviously). www.craftytam.com

Thank you for your help!

Sarah
10-30-2013, 06:52 PM
I'd suggest doing them as a widget. It's what we use for the GS blog (and what I use for things like that on my blog). Then you only have to code them once, and they'll work with any theme.

Awyldknght
11-01-2013, 10:20 PM
Q#1: My blog is mainly a place to advertise my designer's products, so I thought having their blinkie with a link to their store would be good.

Q#2: I believe my blog is self-hosted...I'm not really a techie (obviously). www.craftytam.com (http://www.craftytam.com)

Thank you for your help!
For Q#1 I was referring to the sidebar as a widget or like in the post content. If it's a widget, it will show on every page & any theme if you decide to change themes later.

Q#2, do you have a web hosting server that the wordpress is installed on?