PDA

View Full Version : Hi ... from Rancho San Diego

jazzmom
09-16-2013, 06:51 PM
I am not new to scrapbooking ... but an very new to digital scrapbooking. I have 3 young adult children & I started scrapping when my oldest was in second grade (over 15 years ago!) Several years ago, I knew the industry was heading in the digital direction, but I just loved the feel of the paper & elements in my hands!
I have finally gotten more comfortable with a digital camera & I happened to see a digital scrapbook kit on FB (I don't remember which one!) ... it was so beautiful! Then I started looking at various galleries & saw all these beautiful layouts! ...so now I'd like to try my hand at it.
But, I don't have the software program to create a layout. Money is tight right now, so I am slowly saving (maybe I can put it on my Xmas wish list!) So for now, I have been collecting some freebies with the hope that soon I can try my hand at this.

emscraps
09-16-2013, 07:13 PM
HI there, welcome to GS!! I also started paper scrapping 15 years ago, shortly after I was married. I bit the bullet with digi-scrapping just last year. I don't use specific programs to scrap, I just use Microsoft Word. It's a little limited, but works for me :)

Ricki
09-17-2013, 01:03 AM
Hello jazzmom and welcome to GingerScraps!

Camera's and Digi Scrapping go perfectly together, a lot less mess too :)
Hope you'll enjoy being with us!

dodgeladee
09-17-2013, 02:04 AM
Howdy! Glad to see you joining us at GS!

chigirl
09-20-2013, 02:51 AM
welcome to GS!!! hello for San Diego...

msbrad
09-20-2013, 03:02 AM
Hi and I know where Rancho is in San Diego! My older DD lived right close [military...and not far from there]

as for money for a program... I hear you.
GIMP is free

Photoshop Elements is a good one
as is Corel PSP.
Jump in and enjoy.
m

CathyK
09-24-2013, 05:38 PM
Hello and welcome to GS!

kpmelly
09-24-2013, 07:43 PM
Hi Jazzmom, welcome here @GS, have fun by searching your first scrapping ideas. And like Michelle said: there are some programms you can get free or for less money to start up scrapping. I never used Gimp, but there are many people I know who worked and already work with this freeware programm.

I for myself started with PSP X and I used it a long time to do my graphics. Itīs much cheaper than photoshop and worked out fantastic layouts! Try it, we canīt wait to see your start up.

Neverland Scraps
10-06-2013, 11:10 PM
Welcome, welcome!!
If you can't get a program, I know a lot of scrappers who use GIMP, its free and sounds pretty user-friendly!!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/hystrix21/welcsparkle.gif (http://s3.photobucket.com/user/hystrix21/media/welcsparkle.gif.html)

jazzmom
01-21-2014, 03:35 AM
I have Microsoft Word ... I'll see what I can do with that, while I'm saving for another program!

melibear
01-24-2014, 07:39 PM
I have used paint.net for the past few years. It's free and I really liked it. I now I have a new program that I got for Christmas, but I still use paint.net occasionally!!

craftytam
01-24-2014, 08:49 PM
Hi Jazzmom! Welcome to Gingerscraps! I found that digital scrapbooking is MUCH less expensive than paper because you can reuse everything. A lot of people use GIMP (free). I use Photoshop Elements (PSE) which you can get at Costco for a reasonable cost. Either way, jump in and try some challenges...this is a fun and friendly place. I'm sure you'll love it here!