PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Tennessee!

DigiScrapDiva
08-31-2013, 06:35 PM
Hello everyone! I am a SAHM of 2 children ages 10 & 12! While they're at school, I'll be here or on the web learning! I'm new to GingerScraps and new to digiscrapping as well! I've never worked with photoshop elements in my life, but I am on a free trial and I will definitely be buying it! I have never really had a hobby I was this passionate about in all my life till NOW! Just about everyday I am in my little workspace, trying this & trying that out! I watch a ton of You Tube tutorial videos on different techniques and just I LOVE this whole package that digiscrapping has to offer (Every day I am learning something new!)Its a lot to remember, so I take a ton of notes & refer back to them if I have a question. I hope to make a few new friends, never can have too many (not that I have a ton anyhow) but it would be nice to have people to talk to with the same likes! I am entering myself into challenges (I love a good challenge) this is an awesome site, I think I know where almost everything is now! I am like a kid in a candy store here at Ginger Scraps it's great place to be!:36_1_33:

dodgeladee
08-31-2013, 09:52 PM
Hi Paula! I loved your excitement! It is very catching, and I am so glad you are here to contribute! I think GS is the best as well!

MSPeeler
09-01-2013, 04:27 AM
Hi Paula! Welcome! I'm in TN too, barely, but I'm here. lol Glad you will be joining us :)

emscraps
09-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Hi Paula! How exciting, new to GS and digi! There are so many fun goodies in the Welcome Wagon (http://forums.gingerscraps.net/forumdisplay.php?499-The-GingerScraps-Welcome-Wagon)---will help you practice more :)

And please check out the challenges (http://forums.gingerscraps.net/forumdisplay.php?459-Challenge-Yourself), great way to motivate, and get rewarded in the end!

Nani
09-01-2013, 09:00 PM
Welcome, Paula!

You'll love it here; it really is a great place!!

BlueHeartScraps
09-01-2013, 09:48 PM
Welcome, Paula! Love, Love, LOVE all of your enthusiasm! :D Hope you enjoy your time here!!!

msbrad
09-02-2013, 01:05 AM
Welcome to GingerScraps and the wonderful world of digi. We are all hooked! Jump in and have fun with us. If questions arise, ask- someone is always awake.
m

violamoni
09-04-2013, 10:44 AM
Hello Paula, nice to meet you and welcome at GingerScraps!

MMDesigns
09-05-2013, 09:17 AM
Hi paula welcome to gingerscrap

Ricki
09-06-2013, 08:05 AM
Hi Paula and welcome!
Glad you found us :)

chigirl
09-06-2013, 01:21 PM
hello and welcome to GS!!!!

DigiScrapDiva
09-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Thank you everyone for the sweet welcome messages! I really love it here at Gingerscraps, this is now my new home away from home (Here and Pse, that is!)! Everyone is so helpful - whenever I have a question & post it in the forum, I get a response pretty quickly! I've learned so much already from this great site!

missdamsel
09-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Hi Paula!!

Welcome to Gingerscraps!! I am Missi, the administrative site manager. If you need anything let me know.

So, where outside of Nashville are you? I am in Franklin. :)

missdamsel
09-08-2013, 05:15 PM
I guess it does say near Nashville, how near? lol

DigiScrapDiva
09-08-2013, 05:34 PM
Hello Missi! It's nice to meet you! Sorry, I must have missed your post somehow! I am only 1 exit (west) from you on I 40!
So, we are actually neighbors in real life! lol My kids dentist is in Franklin and we are there occasionally to get a few thing and/or shop! I live in a VERY small town named McEwen. There isn't even a red light here! McEwen is right in between ****son and Waverly! I dont think the forum will let me say the whole city name of D i c k s o n in here! We have been considering moving by the Franklin area, just waiting for the right time, etc! I'm happy I found someone near me! :) Take Care & I may just take you up on your offer and question you half to death! j/k

missdamsel
09-08-2013, 05:53 PM
You didn't miss my post, I just posted a bit ago.

I have been digiscrapping, designing and monitoring forums for an awful long time. I have been using PSE and CS for quite a while as well. Let me know if you have questions! :)

How fun and exciting! I have been in Franklin for almost two years (21 months now). We do love it here. We bought a house in January. Next time you are coming to Franklin, let me know we could do lunch!!

Hello Missi! It's nice to meet you! Sorry, I must have missed your post somehow! I am only 1 exit (west) from you on I 40!
So, we are actually neighbors in real life! lol My kids dentist is in Franklin and we are there occasionally to get a few thing and/or shop! I live in a VERY small town named McEwen. There isn't even a red light here! McEwen is right in between ****son and Waverly! I dont think the forum will let me say the whole city name of D i c k s o n in here! We have been considering moving by the Franklin area, just waiting for the right time, etc! I'm happy I found someone near me! :) Take Care & I may just take you up on your offer and question you half to death! j/k

DigiScrapDiva
09-09-2013, 04:54 AM
I'm glad you love Franklin- It's very pretty there! I think theres a Michaels in Franklin, I would be broke if I lived nearby!! It sure is nice to meet you! I just installed an app on my iphone that supposed to work great with the forum! (I'm not up to date with all this techie stuff!) I will let you know next time I'm coming by your area, I'll check with you- make sure you're not busy and then we can do lunch! :)

missdamsel
09-09-2013, 12:15 PM
We have Michaels, Joann's and Hobby Lobby!! Some days it sure is hard to be good!! Luckily I rarely traditional scrap any,ore as that was always my downfall!!!

I use tap a talk on my iPhone and iPad. It works pretty good although I am to happy with the recent upgrade..

I'm glad you love Franklin- It's very pretty there! I think theres a Michaels in Franklin, I would be broke if I lived nearby!! It sure is nice to meet you! I just installed an app on my iphone that supposed to work great with the forum! (I'm not up to date with all this techie stuff!) I will let you know next time I'm coming by your area, I'll check with you- make sure you're not busy and then we can do lunch! :)

CathyK
09-09-2013, 06:27 PM
Hi Paula, and welcome to GS! So glad to see your enthusiasm and that you're jumping into the challenges. We have a ton of great challenges here!

DigiScrapDiva
09-10-2013, 03:11 AM
Thanks Chigirl & Cathy! I do better if I just jump in, otherwise I will find all kind of excuses not to get anything done! lol

DigiScrapDiva
09-10-2013, 03:32 AM
Oh Lord! I'm glad they're near you and not me! Plus, I'd rather spend my money here! I've never manually scrapped. I can see how that would be just as, if not more addicting than digiscrapping! I use tap a talk on my iPhone as well! I forgot the name until you mentioned it. There was another app I downloaded for forums but I can't think of that name either offhand! I had a Dr appointment near you today but it was a last minute walk-in thing & I didn't know till last minute! What software do you use/ prefer? I am literally on my last day of this free trial of pse 11 and will need to purchase something right away! I haven't really tried any other program but this & I'm getting used to this program (day by day). I'm wondering if theres something better or suggested if I'll mainly be using it for my scrapping addiction!?
I'm thinking of taking some online classes to show me how to do any & everything, I've been watching you Tube tutorials and so far I've learned somethings but I think I need something more structured like-in steps, from starting off in ps or pse all the way, so I can continue learning n grow my skills! Do you know much about Hummie's World? Sorry for all the questions!lol ~Paula xo

missdamsel
09-10-2013, 04:20 AM
I use PSE 10 and Cs 5. I have used a few other programs, believe it or not when I first started I use powerpoint! lol

chigirl
09-16-2013, 01:01 PM
welcome to GS!!!!

Neverland Scraps
10-06-2013, 12:47 PM
Oh how much fun it must be to have that free time while the kiddos are in school....let me wear your shoes for 8 hours......Okay, Mom break is over. :D I have three kids, two (12 and 9) of which I homeschool while the youngest is a baby. I can only imagine the quiet time you have while your kiddos are at school. Digiscrapping is so addicting and so much fun! In no time, you'll be a pro with your program!!
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/hystrix21/welcsparkle.gif (http://s3.photobucket.com/user/hystrix21/media/welcsparkle.gif.html)