PDA

View Full Version : Lately I think. . . .

Nickala27
08-16-2013, 01:16 PM
that I'm not meant to scrapbook!

About 6'weeks ago my ehd died and was unable to retrieve any data from it. Luckily I had most stuff backed up.

Then two weeks ago my computer died - but I was lucky enough to be able to get all my scrapbook stuff off it. So it was on an ehd.

So last night I was organizing my digital stuff - without realizing it I deleted all the free kits I had ever downloaded - and before I realized what I had done I emptied the recycle bin on my computer so I can't get it back.

Feeling a little sorry for myself at the moment

prettyingreen
08-16-2013, 02:41 PM
oh no!!! i'm sorry to hear of your troubles, i'd cry :(

dodgeladee
08-16-2013, 08:23 PM
Oh no!!! Just think of the new cool stuff you will find now!! Sorry you are having technology issues

scrappinbella
08-17-2013, 04:46 PM
Just think of the new cool stuff you will find now!!

NOW THAT'S the spirit..yay!!

Nickala27
08-18-2013, 12:59 AM
I'm trying to look at it as a the quickest way to get rid if those 'I might need it someday' but will never ever use it stuff. But there were some really awesome kits that I liked and used quite often. I'm trying a data recovery software right now so fingers crossed ill have some luck but I'm not getting my hopes up.

xboxmom
08-18-2013, 03:39 PM
Where you able to recover?

Nickala27
08-18-2013, 08:50 PM
I did recover a fair bit of it but unfortunately nothing is in folders and a lot of the files have been renamed - e.g FILE067800. So now I have to go it all and see what I can do - even if I can just put my favorites back together ill be happy.

xboxmom
08-19-2013, 05:40 AM
I guess that's better than nothing. GL with the organizing again. And I hope you can find everything again.

StarWarsFans
08-19-2013, 02:57 PM
This is why I love Backblaze. If I ever accidentily delete something, I just go to my online backup and download it back onto my computer!

CathyK
08-19-2013, 03:51 PM
Ugh, so sorry this happened to you! I always worry when I start organizing! Hope you can get your favorites back.

Nickala27
08-20-2013, 09:44 AM
I really don't trust online data storage - just a little paranoid lol. I did have it backed up but I've been using the back up since my ehd died - I should have known better

Ricki
08-30-2013, 01:05 AM
Oh Nicky I so understand!

I also had a disaster EHD mistake. I felt ever so sad and was just about to give up. All my favorites just poofed away. That was enough to make me think maybe I also wasn't cut for for this but I was mistaken. I started from the top again and I'm definitely happy I didn't give up. Hope you won't either! I'm sure everyone has had those awful moments and maybe it makes us more determined to stay on.

Nickala27
08-30-2013, 12:53 PM
Thanks Ricki

It was heartbreaking and I felt so sick but it has forced me to use more of my purchases kits (some that I had forgotten I even had).

I have recovered some files and put some kits back together but it is taking awhile.

I'm not giving up I have to many stories and memories to scrap and its the best stress relief around.

Ricki
08-30-2013, 01:59 PM
Aw Nicky, you made me smile!

Sometimes to share is the best way to feel we aren't alone. I'm happy you shared this with us and even happier to read you are sticking to it!
I know a lot of good came from what happened to me :). I love to call it the best therapy around!