PDA

View Full Version : Hi!! Loving it here already!

evelester
08-03-2013, 10:48 AM
Hi all! I am a LONG time scrapper, began with paper scrapping back in the day and started digi scrapping about 5 or so years ago, ran out of space and time to paper scrap! I have been on several CT's and used to scrap at least 5 layouts a day until about a year and a half ago when I returned to college... I haven't scrapped in about a year until tonight, I am on a break until August 19th when I start back- no idea how much time I will have when that starts back, but until then I am going to try to catch up on my books!

I just bought a ton of kits here, I have been looking all night for a store with cute 'nursing' kits to scrap some of my pictures from nursing school and you guys had a few great ones. Going to jump in to the challenges here with all my new kits- I have always been a challenge junkie, not only do they inspire me to actually scrap but they help me use my stash! (discovered tonight that out of 96+ gigs of digital supplies I didn't have a single kit I liked for my nursing pictures! LOL)

Ok, that is long, sorry! I live in North Florida, I have a 'almost' 5 year old little girl, and a great hubby that is supporting me on this journey to become a nurse. (Class of 2015!!) I am one of the older students in the class, but still loving it! My daughter starts kindergarten on the same day I start the official nursing classes (spent the last two years on pre-requisites to get accepted in the program)

Anyhow, nice to meet you all! I hope I can get lots of scrapping in before the 19th!

msbrad
08-03-2013, 11:44 AM
Hi Eve! Happy to see you here at GS. Welcome back to digi. Congrats on the nursing! Both my DD's are RN's. I need to look for the kit you found.
m

evelester
08-03-2013, 12:01 PM
Thanks! I am loving it here! :-) The kit I found is geared towards 'being' sick, but has some great elements, it is 'Sick Day the Kit' here (http://store.gingerscraps.net/Sick-Day-The-Kit.html).

emscraps
08-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Hi there and welcome to GS! Both my parents are nurses, but. Took another route...lol.. Good luck in Nursing school. My friend just graduated, it was hard, but at leat you can scrap to keep your sanity :)

emscraps
08-03-2013, 04:46 PM
Pooh, that owl is adorable!

CathyK
08-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Hi, Eve, and welcome to GS!

dodgeladee
08-03-2013, 08:41 PM
Hi! Glad you are loving GS! I think it is the best scrappin' place on the planet! Enjoy!

violamoni
08-04-2013, 09:12 AM
Hello Eve!! Welcome at GingerScraps and nice to meet you!

trina513
08-05-2013, 03:47 PM
I LOVE that kit!! Glad you found it and love it! Happy to have you here - and even happier to hear that you love it as much as I do!

Ricki
08-07-2013, 10:17 AM
Hello Eve and welcome to GS!

Hope you have fun here and good luck on your nursing classes!

chigirl
08-07-2013, 01:37 PM
welcome to gs and good luck with nursing school...I hope you find time to scrap!!!!

Ambelleina
08-07-2013, 06:01 PM
Welcome to GS! The new semester starts for me on the 26th, so I know what's it's like trying to live life, go to school AND scrap! Congrats on getting back to school to become a nurse; so fun! Have you snagged the Owie Collaboration (http://store.gingerscraps.net/Owie-Collaboration.html) yet? I kind of love it. ^_^

StephanieH
08-07-2013, 07:07 PM
Welcome Eve and Congrats on nursing school.

Glad you like it here as much as we do. I'm a new digi-scrapper, but am already hooked.

Isabel
08-08-2013, 01:38 PM
:hi and welcome to GS, Eve!
Glad you like it here, congrats on nursing school!!

Ponytails
08-11-2013, 10:32 AM
My daughter is about to start nursing school in September as well. It was something I had planned to do too in my younger years, but ended up taking a different route. Good luck with school and welcome to GS!

HJsMyles
08-11-2013, 03:01 PM
Hey Eve. I said the same thing when I made my way to Gingerscraps!!Good lUck in NUrsing School. I am in my 10th year of nursing this year! Scrap away while you still can!!