PDA

View Full Version : Supereasy CARD SWAP! :D

Ambelleina
07-24-2013, 11:24 PM
Hey gals! I've got some new crafty supplies I'm itching to use and want to see if anyone is up for an easy, quick card swap! All you have to do is make a card, write something nice and mail it--that's it! No figuring out what their favorite color or condiment or underwear brand is! ;)

The card can be as elaborate or as simple as you want, just make something (quality-wise) that you'd like to receive. You can make a digi hybrid card, a hand drawn card, a stamped card, a collage'd card, a small card, a big card, use ribbon, use washi make it pink/blue/metallic/rainbow/whatever! The fun here is having creative free rein and bringing a smile to your partner's face when they open it. ^_^

So, who's in?? The rules are below and I will also list our players here once some of you sign up. If you are wanting some inspiration ideas, you can check out my Cards, cards, cards! Pinterest board (http://pinterest.com/ambelleina/cards-cards-cards/), or just search on your own on Pinterest! Hope lots of you talented ladies sign up and flex your creative muscles!
:wavecrowd:

The Rules
1. All you have to do is make a card, write something inside and mail it off. Create something that will make your partner smile when they see it! You can personalize it if you want, but this is creative free rein!
:woot:

2. There is no price limit, but let's not make solid gold cards. That's just flashy. Or cards made of old tissues. That's just unsanitary.
:lmao:

3. You will be randomly matched, so you may get someone you've never talked to or someone you're digibffs with. Embrace the randomness!
:bliss:

4. Please, please, please do not commit unless you are 110% positive you can create your card and get it out on time. It's no fun to be waiting at the mailbox for a card that will never arrive!
:cry7:

5. If something comes up and you just cannot follow through, please PM me as soon as you realize there's an issue. I'm a constant card maker, so I have no issue drumming something up for your partner as long as I know. Don't leave me hangin'!
:cooldude:

6. You must sign up by Friday August 2 at 11:59pm. Sign up by responding to this thread with the words "I'm in; sign me up!" I don't want to miss anyone, so get in with the magic words by the deadline and I'll list you below. (And tell me your first name if it's not obvious from your username, lol.) I will PM everyone for your mailing address after the sign up deadline, so be on the lookout!
:multistars:

7. Partners will be assigned and sent out Saturday August 3 by 11:59pm via PM here in the forum. I will announce that PMs are sent in this thread. Please check in for your assignment.
:pc:

8. Cards must be completed and mailed off by Friday August 23, 2013. That gives you three weeks to make a card and get it in the mail, so if you get it done early, all the better and if not, you've got some time!
:work:

The Crafters
Ambelleina - Christina
emscraps - Emelyn
mamaape - April
missdamsel - Missi
StephanieH - Stephanie
ScrappyCoyote - Laramie
Jacque - Jacque
violethare - Kelly
B2N2Scraps - Becky
cherekaye - cheré

emscraps
07-24-2013, 11:27 PM
ooh!! I LOVE cards!! I make them all the time!! I'm totally in! yay! Thanks for hosting!

mamaape
07-24-2013, 11:30 PM
Even *I* can make a card and I am horribly un-crafty. SIGN ME UP despite going into labor any day now. ^_^

:baby:

missdamsel
07-25-2013, 01:12 AM
I'm in; sign me up!

StephanieH
07-25-2013, 01:25 AM
I'm in. :D This is going to be fun!!

Ambelleina
07-25-2013, 07:46 PM
Even *I* can make a card and I am horribly un-crafty.

I'm pretty sure you've recently received a ton of new washi you need to put to use... *cough*

Jacque
07-30-2013, 04:15 PM
i'm thinking????

ScrappyCoyote
07-30-2013, 07:47 PM
I'm in!! Sign me up!!

Jacque
07-30-2013, 08:09 PM
i can't stand it...i'm IN :)

violethare
07-31-2013, 02:49 PM
Would love to , haven't made cards in awhile, would be fun, please sign me up

B2N2Scraps
08-01-2013, 02:59 AM
I haven't made a card in forever but I used to be a stamping demonstrator and have tons of supplies, so maybe I should use them! You can sign me up!

cherekaye
08-01-2013, 05:46 PM
Okay, the peer pressure got to me! ;) I'm in.

Ambelleina
08-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Sign ups are closed! I'll be PMing everyone for their addresses, assigning partners and sending out your partner assignments today! :)

Jacque
08-04-2013, 01:47 AM
just got home and sent u info

Ambelleina
08-04-2013, 02:40 AM
Thanks Jacque and everyone who has sent in your info; I am waiting for a couple more responses and I'll send our partner assignments then. :)

ScrappyCoyote
08-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Okie!! Anxious to see who my partner will be! Are we telling or is to be kept secret???

Ambelleina
08-04-2013, 11:25 PM
We're keeping it secret so they won't know until they get their card. :)

I'm still waiting on one more address response before I sent out partner assignments!

emscraps
08-04-2013, 11:52 PM
Thanks for hosting! Can't wait!

Ambelleina
08-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Alright ladies, I am still waiting on one person's info, but I am going to send everyone else's partners now! If you don't get yours right away, just hold tight. :)

ScrappyCoyote
08-05-2013, 03:32 PM
OOOohh... got my partner. :)

emscraps
08-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Got my partner, thanks!! So, because it's Monday morning and my brain is not functioning yet, the card is made for our partner, not a blank card?

Ambelleina
08-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Got my partner, thanks!! So, because it's Monday morning and my brain is not functioning yet, the card is made for our partner, not a blank card?

It's ok, I feel you on the Monday front. :-P

Yes, write it in for your partner! :)

emscraps
08-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Okay, Gotcha!!

Jacque
08-06-2013, 01:35 AM
ACK! this is so not fair. i thought the card would be easier than the craft because i can never decide as i have sooo many ideas so i make several things. well the card is not easier...my partner could end up with 10 cards LMAO ;)

ScrappyCoyote
08-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Can we send them off as soon as we are finished with them? Or do we need to wait until the 23rd?

Ambelleina
08-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Can we send them off as soon as we are finished with them? Or do we need to wait until the 23rd?

By all means, send it off as soon as you're done! :)

And when you get your cards, post a little pic here so we can see who had you and their handiwork! ^_^

ScrappyCoyote
08-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Great! Thanks.

Ambelleina
08-18-2013, 12:56 AM
Hey crafty ladies! Just a reminder that your cards have to be mailed out by Friday August 23! If you won't be able to complete and mail before then, please let me know!

Once you get your card, please post a photo here so we can see the hard work your partner put into your card! :)

<3

ScrappyCoyote
08-19-2013, 09:06 PM
I mailed mine off this afternoon!!

:36_1_33:

Now.. I don't want to spoil the surprise and say who I mailed it to... but if you happen to get a large bubble pack two day mail delivery on Wed (maybe Thursday)... it has cardboard in it so the mail people can't bend it too much. The cardboard happens to be from my coke packs. Don't get excited! I already put in the coke rewards codes! :) I'm not really sending you my trash.. it's just for stuffing purposes.

B2N2Scraps
08-20-2013, 01:10 AM
I made mine today and am mailing it tomorrow. I'll post my picture once my partner gets the card.

ScrappyCoyote
08-20-2013, 05:52 AM
So.. straighten my head out. Do we post the photo of the card we receive from our partner.. or the photo of the one we sent to our partner?

Ambelleina
08-20-2013, 01:09 PM
So.. straighten my head out. Do we post the photo of the card we receive from our partner.. or the photo of the one we sent to our partner?

Post a photo of the card you receive and let us know who had you/made the card for you. :)

Ambelleina
08-20-2013, 02:00 PM
Alright, I made my card like a week ago but I finally got it in the mail! Yay! :)

StephanieH
08-20-2013, 02:48 PM
I'm going to work on mine tonight. Was going to use some supplies out at mom's but turns out I'm not going to make it out there this week, so I have to rethink my plan. :D

Jacque
08-20-2013, 04:56 PM
i have been all but done for over a week...about 5 mins. left and then mail it. IT WILL BE OUT BY THE 23RD!!!!! promise.

we all get hit with life now and then...but i swear i don't get hit i get smacked upside the head when it happens. storms, power loss, internet loss, death, illness...but i will finish...with what i have left i can do it laying down ;)

StephanieH
08-21-2013, 03:52 PM
Missed the mail today, but it goes out tomorrow. :)

Jacque
08-21-2013, 08:23 PM
yay i finished. need to pack it up and hubby takes it to post office tomorrow :)

Ambelleina
08-22-2013, 03:25 AM
Two more days to get your cards out, lovely ladies! :)

violethare
08-22-2013, 05:49 AM
Mine will be in the mail sometime today

GingerScraps
08-22-2013, 08:55 AM
:hide:.... Stalking this thread to see all the pretty cards.....:hide:

ScrappyCoyote
08-22-2013, 06:42 PM
Mine was delivered today tracking said! YAY!!

Jacque
08-22-2013, 07:04 PM
This just in... ... ... hubby's work STOLE his lunch (no details yet) he's trying to sneak out to get to post office. BUT, if he can't i have to go into town tomorrow so i will make the deadline...whahoooooooo

B2N2Scraps
08-22-2013, 08:40 PM
I mailed mine off this afternoon!!

:36_1_33:

Now.. I don't want to spoil the surprise and say who I mailed it to... but if you happen to get a large bubble pack two day mail delivery on Wed (maybe Thursday)... it has cardboard in it so the mail people can't bend it too much. The cardboard happens to be from my coke packs. Don't get excited! I already put in the coke rewards codes! :) I'm not really sending you my trash.. it's just for stuffing purposes.

Thank you so much for your cards! Such perfect timing since my birthday is today! Thank you SO MUCH! They are beautiful and so creative. I am amazed!

Jacque
08-22-2013, 09:57 PM
Happy Birthday Becky! and we want pictures :)

Ambelleina
08-22-2013, 10:42 PM
pics or it didn't happen becky LOL

hehe

missdamsel
08-23-2013, 01:11 AM
I will not get mine in the mail until Monday, but I will get them mailed!!

B2N2Scraps
08-23-2013, 01:39 AM
Oh wait, I post a picture of the cards? I took a picture of the card that I sent and was going to post it once the person received it. But maybe I'm not reading things right?

Ambelleina
08-23-2013, 02:16 AM
Oh wait, I post a picture of the cards? I took a picture of the card that I sent and was going to post it once the person received it. But maybe I'm not reading things right?

No no, you take a picture of the card you receive and post it, letting us know who had you and made the card!

Silly Becky. hehe

B2N2Scraps
08-23-2013, 02:32 AM
I'll take pictures tomorrow.

ScrappyCoyote
08-23-2013, 02:34 AM
So glad it arrived, Becky!! And great timing since it is your birthday, eh? I had to add that birthday card when I received your newsletter and read about the birthday sales this week! LOL. So I just HAD to make a birthday card! I do hope everything arrived intact as well.

Oops.. she already said I sent her the cards since she quoted my post. LOL.

emscraps
08-23-2013, 04:44 AM
So, so sorry!! I was at the PO today, but the line was too long! It's going out tomorrow for sure!

violethare
08-23-2013, 07:29 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one running behind -- usually out mail comes later in the day-- like 4 or 5ish-- the last 2 days we have had s sub and they have come way early in the day so I missed the pickup --- but today I put in mailbox instead of trying to catch before the mail comes tomorrow--so it will go out tomorrow

emscraps
08-23-2013, 09:53 PM
Guess what I got....LOVE it so much! The colors are so pretty and love all chevron design. Thank you so much, Becky!!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/emelyn19/aa5a647e-d47a-485a-9d61-20611b9ebfa6.jpg?t=1377294854

B2N2Scraps
08-23-2013, 10:02 PM
So glad you liked it! I saw a card that made chevrons like that on Pinterest and it gave me the idea! I haven't made a card in a long time!

Jacque
08-23-2013, 11:44 PM
very pretty card Becky! such beautiful colors :)

mine is officially on its way AND is suppose to be delivered on MONDAY!

so now my warning LOL. My wrapping is horrible too as i was preventing crushing, bending and smooshing. just be careful opening the INSIDE package as it is the same size as the card. (please don't let it be ruined...please don't let it be ruined!) and with my Chex cereal box there is a $1.00 coupon i couldn't cut off or it would make the box less stable if u need it ;)

ScrappyCoyote
08-24-2013, 01:48 AM
LOL.. you sent away the coupon, Jacque?? I kept my coke points!

Becky.. the card is very lovely indeed!!

Jacque
08-24-2013, 05:25 AM
LOL.. you sent away the coupon, Jacque?? I kept my coke points!

Becky.. the card is very lovely indeed!!

LOL i wanted to keep it but it would have made the packaging less sturdy so i thought it was worth it to give up the coupon :) but it is a current one so i sent a bonus!

StephanieH
08-24-2013, 02:14 PM
I have all sorts of ideas in my head for the next one. :D This one, I ended up going simple.... but oh...the ideas that started coming after I mailed it...

Ambelleina
08-24-2013, 11:09 PM
Pretty card you got there, Em! :)

Let's see pics of any other cards received so far, ladies! :D

Did everyone get their cards sent out on time? If not, please let me know! :)

StephanieH
08-24-2013, 11:53 PM
Ooooo ... mine is sooo pretty. I'll get a picture of it tomorrow.

Thanks SO much Christina. :)

scrapjrlgcp
08-25-2013, 12:24 AM
cant wait to see the great cards!!!

violethare
08-25-2013, 03:58 PM
like I said earlier, missed the mailman Thurs and Fri, the sub came super early, left it in the box Fri so that it got picked up on Sat, not sure why I did not do this on Thursday night.

and YEAH, I received my card on Sat, but I can't post a pic 'cause camera transfer is not working, hubby is going to fix later, so will should be able to post later tonight or tomorrow.

Becky -- that was a very pretty card, the one I made was simple this time but have some other great ideas. Can't wait to see all the others.

StephanieH
08-25-2013, 07:14 PM
My awesome card from Christina.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h52/bsdmhutch/DSCN0554.jpg

ScrappyCoyote
08-25-2013, 07:28 PM
Very nice card, Stephanie!! Kudos to Christina!

Ambelleina
08-25-2013, 07:58 PM
Yay, glad you liked it Stephanie. :)

B2N2Scraps
08-26-2013, 01:32 AM
Finally got my cards uploaded to my computer! Thanks again!

http://i44.tinypic.com/2elwq37.jpg

Jacque
08-26-2013, 01:50 AM
OMG ladies...how BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! i definitely am gonna have to CRAFT-LIFT the last one (all r wonderful but only one i think i can figure out ;) )

Jacque
08-26-2013, 01:51 AM
christina love the happy playfulness of your banners and the colors :)

Ambelleina
08-26-2013, 02:04 AM
WHOA, those are insanely intricate and gorgeous! Awesome!

violethare
08-26-2013, 04:43 PM
Becky, Wow, what an intricate, fun card to receive.

mamaape
08-26-2013, 04:51 PM
Well now I have card envy ^_^

Speaking of, to whomever my recipient is, I mailed the card today- I know, I know, I've just been a bit scatterbrained lately so don't hold it against me. Should only take a day or two at most to get to you. :)

violethare
08-26-2013, 11:17 PM
Here is the card I received, Thanks Stephanie, sorry the pics aren't that great -- had to warp them from where I took pics at an angle--the orange was the front -- silver dotted star the left inside and back and the message was the inside--it was so much fun to receive a great card in the mail
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm275/violethare/aug13-crd-swap_zpsfefcce01.jpg (http://s298.photobucket.com/user/violethare/media/aug13-crd-swap_zpsfefcce01.jpg.html)

Ambelleina
08-27-2013, 03:22 AM
Such a cute card, Stephanie! I'm loving the note card held up by the clip! :)

missdamsel
08-27-2013, 04:33 AM
I will APOLOGOZE to my recipient now. Mine is super simple. Sorry, I didn't realize how UNCRAFTY I have become since starting digital scrapbooking! It did go out today.

:blush

Jacque
08-27-2013, 03:07 PM
stephanie...what a cute card...love your layered flowers :)

mamaape
08-27-2013, 03:15 PM
I received my card(s, TWO! and a bonus) yesterday!

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae28/mrsdovin/9eec5772-a0aa-4439-a3d8-a3e39698d499_zps92c449e1.jpg

Thank you so much, Em! They are lovely! I adore the little sign too (you can't see it well in the photo but it reads: Sometimes it's the smallish things that take up the most space in your heart. It's adorable. :) Again, I love both cards, thank you thank you thank you. :kisses

Ambelleina
08-27-2013, 03:19 PM
Aww, I love the babystuffs! Cute cards, Em! :)

Jacque
08-27-2013, 03:27 PM
I will APOLOGOZE to my recipient now. Mine is super simple. Sorry, I didn't realize how UNCRAFTY I have become since starting digital scrapbooking! It did go out today.

:blush

what do u mean un 'crafty' ? i 've seen your previous craft stuff and its beautiful! (same goes for others here too ;) )

Jacque
08-27-2013, 03:28 PM
Em just sooooooooo cute...wish i could see the details better...GREAT work!

emscraps
08-27-2013, 04:18 PM
Yay! Glad you received it safely, April! I went with a plastic frame this time. The last craft swap I mailed, the glass in the frame broke :(

ScrappyCoyote
08-28-2013, 12:55 AM
Lovely cards! I'm still waiting for mine. :) I bug hubby everyday to get the mail, too! LOL

Jacque
08-28-2013, 02:04 AM
Lovely cards! I'm still waiting for mine. :) I bug hubby everyday to get the mail, too! LOL

Well now i'm going to CRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So i guess i have to spoil the surprise...laramie your card was from me and the tracking says it was delivered yesterday morning at 10:15 am...so no telling who got it :( i worked so hard and didn't take a photo cuz i was in a hurry to get it in the mail on time so i can't even show u. can u have hubby check with PO office and see if they know what happened. i can send u the tracking info

ScrappyCoyote
08-28-2013, 04:01 AM
Jacque.. did you send it to the house our post office box? I really forget which one I provided!

Jacque
08-28-2013, 04:29 AM
Jacque.. did you send it to the house our post office box? I really forget which one I provided!

PO Box...its actually in a box to protect it LOL

ScrappyCoyote
08-28-2013, 09:53 PM
PO Box...its actually in a box to protect it LOL

ONE box?? LOL... First - you need to understand that the dogs have this theory that EVERY box that comes into this house is for them. (Think dog toys from Amazon). By the way.. did you take lessons from my daughter? She does that at Christmas to make it hard for anyone to get into their packages!

So after the post office box.. there was the cereal box.. all taped up very securely.. with shredded paper. Hubby asked me about the paper.. I was thinking Easter grass.. but he says that would be plastic.. so must be for stuffing bags? Multicolor.. and very lovely. THEN there was this gallon baggie stapled shut! I only mention this since these are all dog-magnets! But I won.. and the packaging is safe and sound on the counter. (Sadly.. Sammy has just started taking things off the counter... but he gets told he's a bad boy for this.)

I would like to wait until tomorrow in good light to take the picture. Flash can be so very harsh on paper I have found. It truly is very lovely, Jacque!! I love the L tile!!

But the best part about this card.. is the back. Where there are words. And I will be sure to photo those. But there is this Hand Made little tag.. that made me just laugh! So I have to share it with you all now.

"This card was made by hand. If you throw it away those same hands will make a doll in your image and stick pins in the butt." Right hand up.. I swear it's true.. and I did laugh!! Thank you, Jacque. It brought more than a smile. (You'll all have to wait til tomorrow to understand that part.)

Jacque
08-29-2013, 04:31 AM
ONE box?? LOL... First - you need to understand that the dogs have this theory that EVERY box that comes into this house is for them. (Think dog toys from Amazon). By the way.. did you take lessons from my daughter? She does that at Christmas to make it hard for anyone to get into their packages!

So after the post office box.. there was the cereal box.. all taped up very securely.. with shredded paper. Hubby asked me about the paper.. I was thinking Easter grass.. but he says that would be plastic.. so must be for stuffing bags? Multicolor.. and very lovely. THEN there was this gallon baggie stapled shut! I only mention this since these are all dog-magnets! But I won.. and the packaging is safe and sound on the counter. (Sadly.. Sammy has just started taking things off the counter... but he gets told he's a bad boy for this.)

I would like to wait until tomorrow in good light to take the picture. Flash can be so very harsh on paper I have found. It truly is very lovely, Jacque!! I love the L tile!!

But the best part about this card.. is the back. Where there are words. And I will be sure to photo those. But there is this Hand Made little tag.. that made me just laugh! So I have to share it with you all now.

"This card was made by hand. If you throw it away those same hands will make a doll in your image and stick pins in the butt." Right hand up.. I swear it's true.. and I did laugh!! Thank you, Jacque. It brought more than a smile. (You'll all have to wait til tomorrow to understand that part.)

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ok gotta start with the quote. was at the local scrapping/paper craft store checking things out (ok and buying to) and my HUBBY brought me that stamp...first words were OMG this is me...where he casually said...'uh why do u think i brought it to you?' (this will be my new tradmark) a few do overs and embossing powders and wahla!!!!

i am so glad u liked it...a lot of love went into it...and a LOT of do overs LOL soooooooo glad it was at the wrong/right place ;)

as for packaging...that's nuthin!! u should see us at christmas...our holiday tradition is coming up with the most unusual ways to wrap/hide gifts...even little cheap ones. we froze one of DH's gifts in a milk jug of water and he had to beat it for hours to get out some small $2 gift. we've had gifts explode! yours...was afraid it would get squished which i hope it didn't :)

ScrappyCoyote
08-29-2013, 04:36 AM
I think I like you and your family, Jacque. :)

Jacque
08-29-2013, 04:43 AM
I think I like you and your family, Jacque. :)

well we are insane, loud, obnoxious (shhhhh sometimes a bit vulgar) but dang we make each other laugh!

Jacque
08-29-2013, 04:45 AM
BTW laramie...the stuffing i THINK is easter grass...new and modern and better for the environment. must say though not sure as i like to recycle and it came in something someone sent to me...figured use it, throw it away, or have it sitting around gathering dust for years...i went with use it ;)

ScrappyCoyote
08-29-2013, 08:37 PM
Laughter is what is important in the end, Jacque. Laughter has been the cement in our family for years. So you just keep on being insane, loud, obnoxious (shhhhh sometimes a bit vulgar) but dang we make each other laugh! Forever! Sounds like us!! When we are out as a unit... people often look at us oddly. We enjoy ourselves. Truly enjoy ourselves and each other. I know you probably don't know I have breathing problems, but that breath deeply, live richly tag was very apropos!! Love the card. Thank you SO much! Since I scrap everything.. here are my photos, scrapped!
Front:
http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/data/500/cardfront.jpg (http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/showphoto.php?photo=107544&title=card-swapfront-of-card&cat=500)
Back:
http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/data/500/cardback.jpg (http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/showphoto.php?photo=107543&title=card-swapback-of-card&cat=500)

Hopefully.. my layouts do Jacque's card justice! This one took time!! And I SO appreciate it.

Ambelleina
08-29-2013, 11:15 PM
YAY I GOT MINE TODAY! And I was so excited; I just love it. OK yes, when I opened the envelope, it kind of came apart (it was 103 here today so I guess the glue just died LOL), but me and my trusty tape runner got it back together in no time. I also had to include the inside because I love the sentiment. That and because STARS! :) :) :)

The photos totally don't do the card justice, she used all different texture papers and whatnot. I'm definitely "card-lifting" this later! ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/timelesslytian/CAM01842_zps6409a513.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/timelesslytian/CAM01843_zpsa6d9c383.jpg

PS-Lol @ the little n Kelly did to fix my name. I don't know why, but I thought that was so cute. ^_^

Jacque
08-29-2013, 11:24 PM
oh hon how wonderful! i am so glad u liked it. (hate to say it took so long cuz i'm a horrible perfectionist...still didn't think it was good enuff...but had to ship it off) and kept redoing it)!

i had a lot of fun doing it and NO i did not know about your breathing issues. for me the breathe deeply was just that i know its something i have to do on occasion (ok a LOT) for my sanity ;) i guess someone let me know it was apropos!

FYI...the "L" u like so much...i did make that myself (ok i didn't cut down a tree...process it...turn it into sawdust...chew the sawdust into a paste...and make the paper (or other 'stuff) but i did use a lot of materials and techniques to create it so really glad u liked it.

i love making things for people and it makes me smile to know i brought one to you :)

glad the ribbon and flowers were not mushed (guess my crazy packaging worked)

and YES...people look at us oddly too...EVERYWHERE LOL...would love someday to get together...sounds like we would make an awesome crazy group. and yes...we laugh and love each other...and if the world doesn't get it it does not matter!

Jacque
08-29-2013, 11:25 PM
oh laramie...i forgot...on the little TN sticker on the front...could u tell that was a star with the words ME on it? my hand writing sucks on big stuff...when u r old and blind the little print...well nuff said LOL

Jacque
08-29-2013, 11:27 PM
kelly very cute my friend...what a lot of work went into all those stars. love the colors...big 'red' fan here. glad to have u join the craft gang :)

pssssst...that was not a simple card as u said. IMHO ;)

and i got my card from April today...thanks so very very very much its just too cute! i'll post pics no later than tomorrow :)

ScrappyCoyote
08-30-2013, 02:54 AM
oh laramie...i forgot...on the little TN sticker on the front...could u tell that was a star with the words ME on it? my hand writing sucks on big stuff...when u r old and blind the little print...well nuff said LOL

TN sticker? Where is it at? Did something come loose? I still have the packaging... I just looked. I don't see anything loose in the baggie. So tell me.. what and where is TN? Am I THAT blind? LOL

ScrappyCoyote
08-30-2013, 02:55 AM
Now about this 103 degrees?????? Oh dear.. no wonder the glue was unhappy!! Tape runners to the rescue!! YAY!! Love the stars both inside and out!! Well done, Kelly!

Jacque
08-30-2013, 03:24 AM
TN sticker? Where is it at? Did something come loose? I still have the packaging... I just looked. I don't see anything loose in the baggie. So tell me.. what and where is TN? Am I THAT blind? LOL

it was on the USPS box under the return address

ScrappyCoyote
08-30-2013, 04:53 AM
it was on the USPS box under the return address

Aha! There is the Tennessee sticker with the teeny tiny writing!! You know.. had you not pointed that out.. I would have missed it!! Thanks again.

Jacque
08-30-2013, 01:18 PM
Aha! There is the Tennessee sticker with the teeny tiny writing!! You know.. had you not pointed that out.. I would have missed it!! Thanks again.

no biggie...i was trying to be 'cute' and it back fired. originally the cereal box with the brown wrapping was how i was going to ship it but i was still afraid of it getting ruined in the mail. hubby mailed it and i forgot it was a white box...duh with a basically white sticker LOL.

Jacque
08-30-2013, 01:39 PM
here's my adorable card from April. now she says this is the first card she has ever made (that she completed) and i think she's fibbing...it is so cute and i love the banner! i think that is washi tape as i have not gotten into the washi tape fad except what i've used in digi...however, that may change now. april thanks for letting me be your first ! i love it and keep it up...u did great :)

Inside was some hand writing, nothing personal but have a great day etc. but when someone takes the time to write by hand i like to keep that to myself.

I would do that but then you wouldn't be able to read what it says...worst handwriting EVER!!!!!

http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k321/jdkelley64/misc/card-swap-2013_zps8b4ad04d.jpg

violethare
08-30-2013, 05:01 PM
April -- super cute card that you made, love the tape.

Christina -- sorry the glue came apart--but hey you had star confetti then:) thanks to everyone else for the likes on the card.

Jacque--already thinking of ideas for the craft swap -- choosing will be the hard part...........

Can't believe it will be Sept on Sunday, this summer seemed to go by fast.

Ambelleina
08-30-2013, 05:20 PM
Love the little banner, bt! But you know I love anything involving washi. hehe

Now send me one.

Srsly.

Ambelleina
08-30-2013, 05:22 PM
Christina -- sorry the glue came apart--but hey you had star confetti then:)

Lol, it went back together perfectly! It's been pretty really hot the last week so I'm sure the glue just couldn't handle the heat. I'm totally going to SMASH your card soon on my page about GS. :)

scrapjrlgcp
08-31-2013, 06:05 PM
fyi... the glass is now replaced...we can pretend it never broke :) beautiful work on your cards!!

Yay! Glad you received it safely, April! I went with a plastic frame this time. The last craft swap I mailed, the glass in the frame broke :(

Ambelleina
09-04-2013, 01:48 PM
Hey Missi and Cheré! Haven't heard from either of you or seen the rad cards you received! Sending an APB out for you two! ;)

missdamsel
09-04-2013, 06:02 PM
Nothing yet....

Hey Missi and Cheré! Haven't heard from either of you or seen the rad cards you received! Sending an APB out for you two! ;)

Ambelleina
09-17-2013, 11:12 PM
Nothing yet....

Missi?

Cheré?

Anything??