PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Represents

enjoyyourpix
07-09-2013, 09:23 PM
:hiHi there! I am brand spankin' new to Gingerscraps!! This is my second post, after taking a lookie-loo and voting on the layouts of the week. There were some seriously awesome pages there!!! :congrats:

My name is Kimberly and I live in the Bay Area. West Coast all my life from Oregon to Los Angeles!! I have what many would consider an abnormal addiction to digi scrapping. :pc:But I have a sneaking suspicion that I may have found a few kindred spirits here. :wavecrowd:

I hope you don't mind, but I find great entertainment in these little smilies. They make me giggle.:hysterical:. Well, maybe not quite that much.

Let's see, a little about me. I am learning to take my camera off auto :photo: and that's been pretty cool. I have a ton more to learn but it's been fun to see the progress and I get so excited when it's time to edit the pictures. Sometimes (well, often) I surprise myself.

I have 2 kiddos. And when they aren't bickering with each other :itwashim2:, they are pretty cool. My son is 16 and getting ready to get his license and my daughter starts high school next month. She's super duper over the moon excited she made the cheer team and I'm sure you will see many cheer pages from me. I have two crazy dogs and they make their way into the layouts as well.

I suffer from the affliction/disorder MSATP. If you look it up in the medical books, it will describe the serious issue of MUST SCRAP ALL THE PICTURES. It was all fine and good when I took maybe 200 pictures in a year, but it is causing SERIOUS issues now that I can take 200 pictures in 10 minutes. Throw into the mix the iPhone and Instragram pictures and man o'man I just want to crawl into a hole.:cry:
Nevertheless, I will not give up:surrender:. Slow and steady, I keep making pages!

Next up ... making a siggie. But I better go finish a page first!! By the way, these little guys just crack me up!!! Have a great week everyone!!

:dancing_alien::elephant-walk::fratboyswing::hula:

Lisa
07-09-2013, 09:45 PM
Haha, great second post! I haven't heard of MSATP but I think there are many of us here that are afflicted too ...welcome to GingerScraps!!!

lab130
07-09-2013, 10:16 PM
Welcome, Kimberly!

emscraps
07-09-2013, 10:18 PM
Hi Kimberly!! I'm from the Bay Area, too!! Where about are you? I live in the East Bay, Newark/Fremont, area. We have another one here, Gethane (http://forums.gingerscraps.net/member.php?15119-gethane). We've been trying to meet up, hopefully sometime soon.

Sorry about your affliction of MSATP, hopefully you'll either get a chance to do it, or will be cured from it? Take care and can't wait to see your work! ....and meet up, too!

gethane
07-09-2013, 11:02 PM
It's like I was summoned! Hi Kimberly! I am relatively new to the bay area, only 5 years. Previously, I lived in Nebraska (and other Great Plains states).

Welcome! I've been dabbling in scrapping since 2006 or 7. Got serious enough about it 2009 to make my first digital scrapbook, and now I've been visiting GingerScraps pretty regularly since May (though I popped in I think back in October/November 2012). The contests here are so fun and I've learned so much!

msbrad
07-10-2013, 12:38 AM
Welcome to Ginger Scraps. Your introduction makes me smile . I look forward to seeing your pages.
m

Ambelleina
07-10-2013, 04:38 AM
Welcome to GS!

swastinadia
07-10-2013, 09:37 AM
Hi Kimberly... nice to see a new face here :). Hope you enjoy being here at GS...

Ricki
07-11-2013, 09:41 AM
Hi Kimberly! Welcome to GS :)
Loved your intro, sure made me smile!

HJsMyles
07-11-2013, 12:06 PM
Hey Bay Area!!

StephanieH
07-11-2013, 12:20 PM
Welcome Kimberly. Your intro was awesome. Can't wait to see your layouts!

conniep
07-11-2013, 02:28 PM
Welcome :) I loved your intro, the smilies always make me giggle too :)

dillydoodles
07-12-2013, 06:47 PM
Hi Kimberly. Welcome to GingerScraps. Oh dear .... MSATP .... sounds serious. :)

bcgal00
07-12-2013, 09:12 PM
Hi. I'm new here too. I'm on the west coast also but further north....Vancouver BC Canada area.

violethare
07-13-2013, 06:00 AM
Kimberly -- welcome to GS -- love your description of MSATP and your cheery intro:) Looking forward to seeing your LO's

chigirl
07-17-2013, 01:02 PM
welcome to GS, so happy to have you join us!

enjoyyourpix
07-17-2013, 10:22 PM
Hi Kimberly!! I'm from the Bay Area, too!! Where about are you? I live in the East Bay, Newark/Fremont, area. We have another one here, Gethane (http://forums.gingerscraps.net/member.php?15119-gethane). We've been trying to meet up, hopefully sometime soon.

Em, keep me updated!! I'm just up the 680 from you in the San Ramon Valley.

enjoyyourpix
07-17-2013, 10:22 PM
West Coast all the way!!! :)

Hi. I'm new here too. I'm on the west coast also but further north....Vancouver BC Canada area.

enjoyyourpix
07-17-2013, 10:24 PM
Ladies!!! :thanx: Thanks for the super warm welcome!! This is a friendly forum! I'm looking forward to trying some of your challenges.

emscraps
07-18-2013, 06:20 AM
I'm going up 680 on Sat...way up to Pittsburg! LOL! We'll def hook up at one point, it's looking like Aug at this point unless we could do a weekday.

littleradtrio
07-18-2013, 01:10 PM
Kimberly, your intro cracked me up! You are too funny!

cherekaye
07-20-2013, 11:43 PM
Hi Kimberly,

I've never been to the West Coast, but if they're all as fun as you are, I'm going to make a point to visit! :) Welcome to GS!

dodgeladee
07-21-2013, 04:45 AM
Welcome, Kimberly! Your intro and your smilies made me laugh! I am glad you are having fun here at GS!

alannabanana
07-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Hi Kimberly ..... Love your fun intro :)