PDA

View Full Version : What now?

gethane
06-20-2013, 03:18 AM
Four of my five kids (the four that were currently with us, the 5th was already in Nebraska) left today for Nebraska to visit both sets of grandparents for 5 weeks (18 days each place actually, very equitable). Now, after 6 hours without them, I feel like, "what now?" I was looking forward to their trip. They are going to have a great time. Nebraska for Fourth of July is more fun. Swimming is more fun (because it's hot). But the next few days are going to be an adjustment. Not sure I can scrap with their pictures right now, either. I'm glad I have another 11 years before the youngest leaves for college. I don't think I'm going to like an empty nest. Thanks for listening.

Jacque
06-20-2013, 03:22 AM
so sorry hon...it will get a bit better as the days go on. i use to love those days of a break, and then my youngest went to college and graduates this winter and empty nest hit me big time...so spend as much time as possible with them now...and take advantage of the breaks...use them wisely to relax, recharge, and take care of things that are easier to do while they are gone :)

Juliemomof4
06-20-2013, 04:24 AM
I agree with Jacque! All this time to your self! Relax, take a bath every night! Jeeze just to go potty with out kids banging on the door would be nice :)

emscraps
06-20-2013, 04:27 AM
You can hang with me! :)

GingerScraps
06-20-2013, 08:44 AM
I totally know what you mean! My kids will be getting on my last nerve... but then the minute they leave I miss them. LOL

gethane
06-20-2013, 02:59 PM
Thanks everyone! It's nice to read the cheery words. They all made it safely to Nebraska. I always feel better when the plane lands. Having 4 of 5 on the same plane made me nervous. Em, I hope we do get a chance to meetup! It's really too bad we have to find a place and find time to move during our 5 week break!

emscraps
06-20-2013, 04:08 PM
So glad they all made it safely. Can you Skype with them? I'm with Ginger, they drive me crazy, but once they leave....boohoo, I'm so sad! LOL.

You know hubs and I never left spent overnight on a getaway ever since the 3rd was born....much to my hubs dismay. I told him we have all the time to do that when they are grown, have families of their own, or don't want to be around us..lol. Besides, if we ever do go anywhere, I really want the kids with us.

scrapjrlgcp
06-21-2013, 12:16 AM
I feel the same way..they drive me nuts, but when they are away I missed them and they are all I can think about!! In fact most of my alone time is going to the store and it always seems I am trying to buy something for them or fine something they would like :)

craftytam
06-21-2013, 03:09 AM
Oh Gethane :) {Hugs!} I'm sure once you start hearing the stories of all the fun stuff they're doing, you'll feel better :) Skype will be fun!

trina513
06-21-2013, 04:13 AM
Oh wow! Once you settle in to the quiet you'll have a great time tho I'm sure!! If only we didn't have swimming lessons this week - Id be able to leave my oldest three at my parents for a few days :D LOL

gethane
06-21-2013, 03:04 PM
Thank you everyone. It has been very cheering to read these posts. Last night was better. They had arrived. I'd gotten an email from my 9 year old. And I had to work a long hard day yesterday so I was actually ready to not hear bickering siblings :) Tomorrow we're going to a all-day outdoor music festival, something we couldn't do with all the kids, so I'm looking forward to that!

GingerScraps
06-21-2013, 06:38 PM
That sounds so fun!! I hope you have a perfect day!

craftytam
06-23-2013, 04:57 PM
Just thinking about you... How are you doing, Gethane?

gethane
06-23-2013, 06:55 PM
We just got back from the all day music festival yesterday. We stayed overnight nearby. We had so much fun! It's tiring to be outside like that all day, though, and I was asleep by 10 pm! I will have fun scrapping my pictures :)

Thanks for thinking of me. It's a nice feeling.

Neverland Scraps
06-24-2013, 05:36 PM
oh my!! That's a long time away, I can't imagine. Prayers coming your way that your kiddos remain safe, have fun and that you adjust back home with the quiet they've left behind ((hugs))