PDA

View Full Version : I'm Jan and I'm from Alberta

JaninAlberta
06-18-2013, 03:26 AM
I'm a bit of a slacker with forum posts lately... Seems I have my fingers in too many pies and need to become a little more discerning. :shh

Where do I start? I wear a LOT of different hats, sometimes more than one at a time. I'm a mom - my kids are all adults now although my youngest is developmentally challenged and lives at home with his dad and me. I'm also Mommy to a 12 year old cocker spaniel named Bailey whose little face makes regular appearances on my layouts. I hope to be a grandmother one of these days so that I have a new topic to scrap about.

I'm a registered nurse working in a high-acuity pediatric ICU where I am usually in charge of the unit or else training new staff members. I just recently became a Certified Nurse Critical Care Pediatrics (Canada), meaning that I passed a very difficult national exam. :blush

I have lots of hobbies. I've been digiscrapping since the fall of 2010. Before that I dabbled in paper scrapping but it never really grabbed me like digi has. I make cards with all my paper supplies these days. I read voraciously, everything from thrillers to romantic fiction to non-fiction to reference books. I really believe that once I stop learning I'll stop living. I garden. When the weather lets me, that is. :36_1_33: I also make jewellery. I'm getting into wirework right now and chain maille, which is a lot harder than it looks. Good thing I can handle pliers in each hand. And I fancy myself as a photographer.

I live in a small city north of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It's a beautiful and welcoming community and I'm really glad we chose it. We have the largest outdoor farmers' market in western Canada that runs Saturdays in the summer. Pretty much everything a family needs is just a short walk away. I just wish the winters were a little shorter and the summers a little warmer.

I'm off now to check out the rest of the forum. Be seeing you around!!

Ricki
06-18-2013, 03:42 AM
Hi Jan and welcome!
What an awesome introduction, looking forward to seeing you with us :).

dodgeladee
06-18-2013, 04:36 AM
Hi Jan! Gosh you are BUSY! I love all your hobbies! Welcome to GS!!

trina513
06-18-2013, 05:46 AM
Welcome Jan!! thanks for the great introduction - love all the hats you wear :D Cant wait to get to know you more!

emscraps
06-18-2013, 04:52 PM
hI Jan!! What a wonderful introduction, I kept ooohhing and ahhhing over all your hobbies! You are a busy bee, but that is awesome!!

So happy to have you here at Gingerscraps and can't wait to see your super layouts!

Gaalmark
06-18-2013, 07:20 PM
Welcome to GS, Jan, :36_1_33:it is good to have you here, make yourself at home!

Reading your post it is obvious that you lead a full life, so it is good that you can find time to express yourself artistically through your photography, jewelry crafting, and scrapping. Being a pedriatic nurse must be very fulfilling, although sad at times, but overall helping to nurse :sick2 children back to health has got to be very rewarding. :respect-067:

Looking forward to seeing some of your photos and layouts soon! :multistars:

dillydoodles
06-19-2013, 01:24 PM
Welcome to GingerScraps Jan .... you are one busy woman! We lived in Alberta for a few years back in the 70's. Loved it and have been back once for a short vacation. Would love to visit the west again some time. Enjoy your stay here.

conniep
06-19-2013, 01:35 PM
Hi Jan!! Welcome to GS, I really enjoyed reading about you and I look forward to getting to know you better!! This is such a friendly community, I know you'll feel welcomed and at home here!

StephanieH
06-19-2013, 02:08 PM
Hi Jan. Welcome to GingerScraps. Love your introduction. :)

Can't wait to see some of your layouts with your adorable puppy!!

catgoddess
06-19-2013, 02:09 PM
Hello and welcome, Jan! You are a super woman! We're always glad to have new peeps here :)
xoxo

msbrad
06-19-2013, 03:32 PM
Hi Jan- Happy to see you here and your intro thread. Congratulations on your certification!
m

chigirl
06-20-2013, 02:03 PM
hi and welcome, so happy to meet you.

ScrappyCoyote
06-22-2013, 04:27 AM
Welcome... and wow! Great introduction!! We already know so much about you!! Now you get to learn about all of us! :)
Seriously..I know you will enjoy your time here at GS!

PixelsByJen
06-29-2013, 11:52 PM
Welcome to Gingerscraps! Enjoy your time here :)

violethare
07-01-2013, 05:08 PM
Welcome to GS Jan, what a great introduction -- I use my paper supplies to make cards too, and LOVE to read:) Would be interesting to see what kind of jewelry you make, looking forward to seeing you in the gallery and forums.