PDA

View Full Version : Just a little sad

berniek
06-13-2013, 04:02 PM
I feel horrible but I just need to say this somewhere.
I am 27, without a job at the moment and single. Lately, all of my real and online friends seems to be getting married and popping out babies. Today a facebook friend posted a photo of her being 7 months pregnant.
I am super excited and happy for her. But wow, this stuff is bringing me down! :( I know it's just the combination of me experiencing my low points in life and they're being in their highs. But pff.. I guess I just need some hugs or something. Sorry for whining.

StephanieH
06-13-2013, 04:13 PM
:bighug:

violamoni
06-13-2013, 04:54 PM
hugs to you, Berniek! <3

I think you must focalize yourself on the other face of the coin (did you see the movie "Silver Linings Playbook"? You MUST watch it!): you don't have a job, so you can travel and get tan; you don't have a baby so you can stay out all night long ;)

Personally I don't have a job in "the real life", I have only male friends, I haven't any babies and I can't get tan (I'm really pale...lol).
BUT: I have a "online job" that I LOVE, I love my male friends and I usually go dancing every week without any babies...lol!

Just to say you: look at the bright side!

:kisses

dillydoodles
06-13-2013, 05:00 PM
Awww.... I'm virtually giving you a hug Berniek. When I was in my late twenties I began going through fertility treatments and as the years went by all my friends and younger siblings were having their first and second babies. Every month that went by just seemed like one heart-ache after another to me. Twenty-seven is still so very young. Your maternal instincts are kicking in when you see those baby photos. I ended up buying a puppy, lol. So sorry about the lack of employment and how sad you are. The sun will shine again.

Ambelleina
06-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Also seems like all my friends are having kids (I'm 26), but I really see it as a blessing on my part that I'm NOT. Same goes for when they were all getting married when I was 24ish. I can concern myself with me, be greedy with my time and spend my money on me without having to worry about diapers and pediatrician visits and the like. I love children, but since we're close to the same age I feel confident in telling you that you've got plenty of time for that stuff later. Just imagine all the 20something married moms who feel trapped and weighed down by the commitments of married life and family life and envy your position!

I myself am in a relationship but not married and in no rush in the least. Sure, when you see you friends all dressed in white you might get a little wistful, but I am enjoying being able to do things because I want to without asking someone else if I can or having to go over things I want to buy with my husband because I can't spend money without him knowing about it--UGH! I mean, we're under our parents' thumbs for the first 18 years of life--shouldn't we get some free time to do our own thing??

As for the job, I know that's rough. My boyfriend was unemployed for almost two years when everything tanked. It was difficult especially since he lived alone with no familial support, but he made it through with the help of group studies and temp agencies. Luckily, that will pass, which I'm know you know. :) If you ever want an unmarried, childless, closely-aged person to gab with about non-wedding, non-baby shower-related things, PM me and we'll talk about scrapping and how nice it is to not have lactation spots on our shirts.

hehe hehe

violamoni
06-13-2013, 06:03 PM
[...] we'll talk about scrapping and how nice it is to not have lactation spots on our shirts. [...]

Oh I forgot THAT bright side!!!! hehe

conniep
06-13-2013, 06:14 PM
((HUGE HUGS)) Just remember that life is all about ebb & flow, it will be your turn to have the highs very soon :)

emscraps
06-13-2013, 06:37 PM
Big {{HUGS}} Berniek! Life is like a circle, just when you are feeling the lows, that is when things start to pick up. Like Monica said, party all night! I sometimes reminisce about the days when I was single, going on dates every week...LOL...with them paying! HA! Now, even when DH and I go on dates and he pays, it's still OUR money..LOL.

As for a job, you are such a creative person, your layouts are amazing!! Have you thought of entering them on publications? I don't know how it works now, but I remember magazines such as Creating Keepsakes used to pay for layotus. (Is that mag still around?)

Isabel
06-13-2013, 07:29 PM
:bighug:Berniek! I know it must be hard for you and you might think/feel you are ready to have a family. Look at the bright side of not having a family yet...having a baby/family is a BIG commitment and you life change completely, enjoy your time now and be patient. Your time will come when you less expecting it:bighug:

Ricki
06-13-2013, 07:34 PM
A hug for you Berniek!
:smileyhug:

msbrad
06-14-2013, 02:15 AM
Hugs to you and I totally 'get it'. Seriously I do. When I was your age [ok, here goes a mama talking..............] there wasn't a support internet group to relate to - to hug with - to vent with... I get it.
and I wish I had one.

Age 26 was extremely rough on me for the reasons you have stated

Now... [gulp] at almost 61... I'm good. Life is good and I have all the important loves in my life.
Am I still close to those many years ago...no- but I'm at peace with the loves I have.
hugs to you.
m

GingerScraps
06-14-2013, 04:05 AM
I love all my sweet GS ladies! They are all so right!!
And this is the perfect place for you to get support any time you need it.
<3 <3 <3

berniek
06-14-2013, 04:06 PM
I can actually start crying while reading all of your sweet comments!! I wouldn't because I'll have my sister over for dinner in about 5 minutes. But thank you all!! I love you!!

The stupid thing is that I know all this, but sometimes your feelings and your brains just aren't working together. This helps though. :)
You're all right. I am very happy to be free and independent but sometimes I just want someone to hold.

Today is good and you gave me some great ideas to keep my head up. *happy thoughts!*

GingerScraps
06-14-2013, 09:06 PM
I hope you have a wonderful time with your sister!! And remember we are all here to offer you support if you need it. <3

kl.winters
06-14-2013, 11:27 PM
Awe! You are still young. Embrace this time in your life and enjoy your freedom while you have it. The reason you are still single is because you just haven't meet the right person yet. Better to wait for the right one than find yourself in a relationship and end up settling because you don't want to be alone. I married the wrong man the first time, which didn't last. We never had any children, thank goodness! But after spending 5 years alone and loving every minute of it, the right man suddenly appeared and walked into my life. Everything happens for a reason and at the right time.

craftytam
06-17-2013, 04:45 PM
{{BIG HUGS}} Berniek!!
I got married (too) young, and am still married 25 years later, but a lot of my friends aren't. My biggest lament is missing out on the fun things you can do being single! My daughter is 20 and wants to get married (GASP!) and my advice to her is to take this time to become the best YOU that you can be - learn who you are and what you want. And, be patient for the right guy.
I wish I could give you a big hug and remind you of all the good things you have!

trina513
06-17-2013, 09:00 PM
:( HUGS!!

Neverland Scraps
06-24-2013, 05:52 PM
I hope today was a much better day for you ((hugs))
I know when I get down in the dumps, especially with things I see/read on Facebook, etc, I unplug myself to get away from the news so that I can rejuvenate myself and recharge those feelings so that I can start finding the positives in each day. Praying for you...

StarWarsFans
06-27-2013, 08:09 PM
Hang in there! Focus on what you enjoy about being single. I love my DH and kids, but there are days I dream about being single and on my own. I guess sometimes the grass really is greener on the other side of the fence. But, don't despair. You are still young! I was just in my best friend's wedding a few weeks ago and she is 38. It will happen when the time is right! :)

violamoni
07-03-2013, 07:03 PM
I know this is an "old" (not too much) topic, but I just found this and I want to share it somewhere....I think this is the perfect place! ;)
http://hellogiggles.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/09/5.23.25-675x480.jpg

scrapjrlgcp
07-03-2013, 07:48 PM
:bighug:here are some big hugs from me

Ambelleina
07-03-2013, 08:00 PM
http://hellogiggles.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/09/5.23.25-675x480.jpg

LOL, I love this!!!

Yes, I had an old friend I hadn't talked to in a while ask me just the other day if I have "a ring or a bun in the oven yet." I laughed and said, "No, but I just bought myself a $300 tablet!"

hehe :D hehe

SankoDeMayo
07-04-2013, 11:28 PM
You're not alone! I think a lot of us feel this way sometimes.

I always feel better when I realize even though I sometimes feel like I am missing out on life, what everyone else is choosing do with their lives is not what I want to do with mine. I am an only child and therefore have a bit of a selfish streak from time to time. In other words, I want to spend my money and spare time on myself. I don't want to buy diapers or have to compromise on every little thing I do so that everyone else around me is happy.

Right now I am just trying to focus on what makes me happy (I actually just scrapped a layout about this very thing earlier today)...by my standards, not everyone elses. I am happy that everyone else is happy; I will get there someday...in my own time and own way. So will you!