PDA

View Full Version : Happy Mother's Day, what did you get?

missdamsel
05-12-2013, 11:43 PM
I don't usually get much since we pretty much get what we want during the year, but this year was different....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/942881_10201309885092089_1696910745_n.jpg

My daughter (15) got me a monogramed cup and candy with her babysitting money and hubby was given a Mac and he fixed it up for me!!

msbrad
05-13-2013, 02:29 AM
My day was awesome!
Surprise gifts from DH. ( massage go and fish eye extend lens.)
The girls were "tricksters" and had pics of both grandsons! ( kept secret from January photo shoot)

We went to the Rays v Padres game today with M,G, and munchkin- fantastic.
Finished with steak on grill .

I have more pics to scrap too.
I'm happy.

Watch th baby in th morning.
m

wanda
05-13-2013, 03:15 AM
I made a nice lunch and took it over to my mom's house - she owns and operates a beauty salon and works so hard. We ate lunch (blessed to have both of my girls home at the same time for a few days) and played Rook and Scrabble. Randy got me some beautiful red roses, and Mary Beth got me a white rose and a cute card. Randy took us all to dinner LAST night for Italian. It's been a nice weekend.

I love your monogrammed cup, Missi! Too Cute.
Michi, sounds like you had a great weekend and lots of fun!

trina513
05-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Lucky you Missi!

I got nothing - not even a card (wow - sound like my valentine's day? HA!) Well I guess I shouldnt say nothing - the older 2 each brought home a flower pot they made at school - and I bought myself a hanging basket for mother's day & my birthday (today) because I had a feeling I was getting nothing - and if I had to take time and go buy my MIL and mom something - by golly - I might as well get myself something too!

missdamsel
05-13-2013, 08:18 PM
My two oldest kids (the ones that are married and have kids) didn't call, text or message me again this year. Not sure why I let it bother me, but it hurts every year.

Sarah
05-13-2013, 08:23 PM
:( Missi! My dad called me (and I wished Mom HMD on Facebook [it's her new favorite way to communicate]).

This is what I got:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7304/8734445573_32be8c8e48_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarahcb21/8734445573/)
Sweet cards from my peoples :D

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7324/8734445889_b8cb6ce008_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarahcb21/8734445889/)
2 new tripods [a 50" and a Gorillapod!]
Flowers
Chocolates
Breakfast in bed
a new pillow that made sleep last night like a dream

emscraps
05-13-2013, 08:34 PM
Aww, HUGS, Missi and Trina... I'm pretty much in the same boat. I told my kids to make a card for my mom. And aww, my oldest who usually does nothing at all..lol.. made me a card, too! My other two saw it and I said, where's mine from you guys..LOL! I'm awful!

Today we're going out to eat since DH had work yesterday. We'll take my parents, too.

nutsaboutgabe
05-13-2013, 08:53 PM
My husband knows I'm not big into "holidays" where women expect gifts, but he did give me a gift card for Joann Fabrics since I've been trying to not stress about my job search. I would have been happy with a hug...really! He knows that too.

However, since Gabe is in school he made me a few things too. One was a cute recipe holder that he made in his class and a strawberry container in after care (he asked if he could keep that after he gave it to me). Plus me made me a few cards . He also told me to sit in a chair and relax. Too cute.

A few months back I had purchased tickets for the Ringling Bros circus for my son, husband, MIL and myself. I purposely picked Mother's Day (instead of Saturday) since it's was not as busy. I learned that from last year! I love the circus. We go every year. :)

missdamsel
05-13-2013, 10:57 PM
I am not big on gifts, but a call or a text even. Just acknowledge it. I called my mom! lol

Jacque
05-13-2013, 11:12 PM
i went camping with DH and youngest DS...i got PEACE AND RELAXATION! and i caught 2 bass after DS worked with me on the techniques of bass fishing. my oldest DH called me last night. all was awesome :)

Lisa
05-14-2013, 12:35 AM
My hubby made dinner for me, my mom and his mom! <3
I enjoyed the night off, and the wine, a bit too much and I forgot to take photos! :36_11_13:

nutsaboutgabe
05-14-2013, 12:59 AM
I totally agree. A call or text is a given. I texted my mom because she was at work and then I spoke with her later in the day for a few minutes.

I am not big on gifts, but a call or a text even. Just acknowledge it. I called my mom! lol

GingerScraps
05-14-2013, 08:03 AM
So lovely to hear about all your Days!

Since I'm a single mom so... I don't get presents... because I would have to give my kids the money to buy them for me. LOL. BUT they both made me cards, brought me tea and toast in bed. Isabelle gave me a pedicure (it turned out so cute! I painted my nails to match), and Chan made me a beautiful cutting board in Woodshop at school. I will post a pic below.

Then the whole family came over for a bbq. It was a beautiful day- we ate outside and played games, and watched the kids have a water fight on the lawn. Despite the fact that I was not feeling well, I still had a very nice day.
http://gingerscraps.net/Ginger/DockDrop/MothersDay.jpg

nutsaboutgabe
05-14-2013, 01:30 PM
Isabelle did a great job painting your toes...very cute!! Also, I love the cutting board Chan made you! Wood cutting boards are not cheap in the stores.

So lovely to hear about all your Days!

Since I'm a single mom I don't get presents... because I would have to give my kids the money to buy them for me. LOL. BUT they both made me cards, brought me tea and toast in bed. Isabelle gave me a pedicure (it turned out so cute! I painted my nails to match), and Chan made me a beautiful cutting board in Woodshop at school. I will post a pic below.

Then the whole family came over for a bbq. It was a beautiful day- we ate outside and played games, and watched the kids have a water fight on the lawn. Despite the fact that I was not feeling well, I still had a very nice day.
http://gingerscraps.net/Ginger/DockDrop/MothersDay.jpg

Ambelleina
05-14-2013, 02:37 PM
I got a ring, two boxes of chocolate, a bottle of perfume and a dozen bright yellow carnations (my favorite flower).

For those scratching their heads and wondering: no, I am not a mother. My mom always gets me gifts for Mother's Day because she says, "I wouldn't be a mother without you."

Yeah, my mom is pretty much the best. :)

GingerScraps
05-14-2013, 07:22 PM
I got a ring, two boxes of chocolate, a bottle of perfume and a dozen bright yellow carnations (my favorite flower).

For those scratching their heads and wondering: no, I am not a mother. My mom always gets me gifts for Mother's Day because she says, "I wouldn't be a mother without you."

Yeah, my mom is pretty much the best. :)

Awe cute :)

GingerScraps
05-14-2013, 07:25 PM
Isabelle did a great job painting your toes...very cute!! Also, I love the cutting board Chan made you! Wood cutting boards are not cheap in the stores.
Thanks Barb!
I'm not sure the care for the cutting board... I'm going to have to look into it. I'm used to using the rubber kind of cutting boards, so I can bleach it to make sure it's totally clean. He did such a good job I feel like I don't want to damage it with knife marks. Lol. But that's what it's for, so I guess I need to get over it.

nutsaboutgabe
05-14-2013, 08:03 PM
I never cut raw meat on the wood cutting board and I follow the guidelines in the attached for caring for my wooden cutting boards.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/how-to/5-ways-to-clean-a-wooden-cutting-board/index.html

oh and it's definitely going to get knife marks, but after a while they won't bother you.

Thanks Barb!
I'm not sure the care for the cutting board... I'm going to have to look into it. I'm used to using the rubber kind of cutting boards, so I can bleach it to make sure it's totally clean. He did such a good job I feel like I don't want to damage it with knife marks. Lol. But that's what it's for, so I guess I need to get over it.