PDA

View Full Version : What Do you like best about Digi Scrap?

DanniHutch
05-09-2013, 03:03 AM
So I'm not sure if this has already been done but I thought I'd ask anyway. What is your favorite part about DigiScrapping? For me it's the amount of free stuff I can get and the fact that I can use glittery elements and papers without actually touching glitter. What is it for you?

missdamsel
05-09-2013, 03:05 AM
I can do it anywhere!! I have done it at doctors appointments, hospital rooms, vacation, where ever I decide to do it and I don't have to haul around boxes and boxes of stuff!!

I am contemplating another cross country train ride, just so I can have LOTS of uninterrupted scrap time!! Anyone want to join me??

emscraps
05-09-2013, 03:53 AM
Ditto with Missi....it's mobile...I can do it at work!! And plus it doesn't take up too much space at home, which makes hubby happy..lol.

Missi, the train ride sounds amazing!

Scrapper
05-09-2013, 04:22 AM
Yes Missi the train ride sounds AWESOME :D

I love Digital Scrapping because... yes it's MOBILE EM :) Plus lots & lots of freebies up for grabs :) A great way to meet a FANTASTIC bunch of friends :kisses Lots of kits to choose from from the comfort of home instead of walking the streets to find the right one you were looking for... hehe I'm having lots of fun creating my layouts & trying to achieve my goal of having an online boutique or join a boutique to sell my templates you've been seeing the gallery :D Plus it's a great way to leave all your troubles behind while you're scrapping :kisses - THANKS SO MUCH GINGER SCRAPS :D

Ricki
05-09-2013, 11:42 AM
No mobile here but I love everything about it!
Can't put my finger on just one thing hehe

That train ride sounds awesome Missi :)

msbrad
05-09-2013, 12:24 PM
Mine goes mobile sometimes, but I usually scrap at home with desktop computer.
I love the kit pricing, the generous sales and freebies, the ability to create a page with more artisic creativity, less mess, seeing the creations of other scrappers in the gallery {love that}
Chatting with my friends on the forums
and
excited to have met many in real life as well !!!

What train Missi??? sounds great.

We did the Rocky Mountaineer once from Calgary to Vancouver. That was cool!!! This Florida gal saw mountains and snow and I met 2 online friends at our stops.
m

Angelclaud
05-09-2013, 03:23 PM
I love the being able to be creative without getting dirty and messy. With my already messy house and Ting's stuff, I doubt that I have any space to get messy and creative. It's too much work to have to "clean up" also too. Love that there's no cleaning up necessary with digiscrapping.

daisysmiles4you
05-09-2013, 03:32 PM
I like being able to be creative without having to have tons of junk around the house. I have too much stuff as it is. There are also the great people and fun events.

momeee
05-09-2013, 04:29 PM
I have to agree with what so many others have said. Probably the space thing is one of the biggest bonuses as well as the cost. And I think the ability to see everyone else's products online has given me so much inspiration in a way that I couldn't get before. Oh, and I can do it on my time (whenever that may be)! Just wish I had a laptop so I could go mobile as well...but I do love having such a nice screen on my desktop to be able to see what I create!

trina513
05-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Pretty much I love everything about it! :D

The ability to change the size/shape of photos w/o printing 10 copies to get the right size. The ability to change so easily w/o ruining the page. The ability to do it while nursing (LOL - sorry if TMI!). The ability to close down when the page isnt finished yet and not worry about the kids destroying my work. The ability to make one page - swap out pics - and it quickly changes to a page for one of the other kids. The ability to RECOLOR and REUSE any element and paper w/o having to purchase it again.

That's about all I can think of right now - but I'm sure there are TONS more reasons ;)

Gaalmark
05-10-2013, 05:42 PM
I second every one's comment about the no mess after scrapping ... plus, since you don't have to glue anything down, you can't ruin a layout! You can just move, change, or undo whatever you don't like to your heart's content. I find digital scrapping to be very freeing, you can really let your imagination fly!!!!

Ambelleina
05-10-2013, 07:41 PM
I love the ease--you can learn so many techniques without messing up papers or wasting embellishments, etc. It has such a faster learning curve that paper scrapping. Really, it's a very minimal monetary investment since you can use the same kit infinite times. Like Trina said, I also like that you can recolor, resize, etc--personalize a kit in any way with no extra $! It's a "green" hobby since the only resource you're using is electricity plus much less paper if you print your lo's out. It's also a space saver! I do digi scrapping and general paper crafting/card making and it's like: paper stuff is filling up my dining room and took over the dining table completely. Digi scrapping takes up the size of my EHD.

So...yeah. ^_^

SonayaHil
06-26-2013, 10:27 AM
love it as it is flexible and offer many free features..

conniep
06-26-2013, 02:52 PM
Definitely the mess up factor..nothing like being able to undo or delete and start over if you just aren't feeling a layout :)

conniep
06-26-2013, 02:52 PM
Oh & never having to worry about running out of the letter E when scrapping a title rofl! Cannot begin to say how many times that happened to me when I was doing paper!

BernieTuffs
06-26-2013, 03:54 PM
I love it so much...I really love the challenge of creating arty pieces a LOT, and achieving just the right balance on traditional pages to please my eye :)

I love learning new techy things as well in PS; playing with blend modes and seeing what effects can be achieved amazes me sometimes :) Happy accidents are the best!!!

prettyingreen
06-26-2013, 03:57 PM
I'm with Trina I love everything about it!
I can have multiple copies and I can keep the original photo
I can resize and crop with more options
I can change colors
I can take it with me
I don't have to clean up a mess or drag it out
I can save n the middle and come back to it with out worry the kids finding it
And of course all the awesome digi friends I've made
And so much more!!!

prettyingreen
06-26-2013, 03:59 PM
Oh & never having to worry about running out of the letter E when scrapping a title rofl! Cannot begin to say how many times that happened to me when I was doing paper!

LOL or the letter a Anastasia has a lot of a's in it lol, I would have to fashion a's out of the letter v

msbrad
06-26-2013, 09:20 PM
Yup- I used to purchase the same alpha over and over to get enough of the letter "e".
m

conniep
06-26-2013, 10:18 PM
LOL or the letter a Anastasia has a lot of a's in it lol, I would have to fashion a's out of the letter v

Oh gosh, that's right lol..that would get those A's!!

StarWarsFans
06-27-2013, 08:00 PM
I agree with all the reasons mentioned so far. Plus, I hate my handwriting. I find it so much easier to journal digitally. Plus, I don't have to print out my photos and then decide which ones to use. I can add or change out photos as I make the page and can size them to fit accordingly.