PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck!

nutsaboutgabe
03-22-2013, 04:36 PM
I am so nervous. I have an interview this afternoon at 3 EST. I was at my last job for 12 years so I haven't had an interview in a long time. I have already had a short phone screening that went well, otherwise I wouldn't have been asked to come in, BUT I stress so much about what to wear and all that crap. I feel like it's judgement day.

I also have another interview Tuesday. I already had a phone interview with them as well. My stomach has been doing back flips.

I was enjoying my time off after my layoff until my husband was notified he was going to be laid off too!! Seriously!!?! So once he got that news I applied to a few jobs I had been keeping an eye on but not applying to. My husband, barring any major speed bumps, will have an offer letter on Monday. He was able to find a job within the company he was getting laid off from. I joked with him that I would be withdrawing my applications!!

Harmonystar
03-22-2013, 05:00 PM
Good luck. Interview time is judgement day, but ya know only for the job so it's not so bad and I'm sure you'll do awesome!

Ricki
03-22-2013, 05:49 PM
Good luck!!!
I'll keep my fingers crossed :)
I can imagine how you are nervous, it does seem like a yucky feeling.

rdjrneace
03-22-2013, 06:55 PM
I am sure you won't see this for your interview today but remember to listen and ask questions about the company. Be yourself and realize the world will not end if you don't get this job. Best of luck to you on your job search.

emscraps
03-22-2013, 07:29 PM
HI Barb!! You're probably in the interview right now. GOOOOOD Luck!! And prayers to you. Can't wait to hear all about it when you return.

melissavt
03-22-2013, 08:22 PM
Good Luck!!

trina513
03-22-2013, 08:38 PM
good luck Barb!!!

missdamsel
03-22-2013, 10:03 PM
well??? Any news??

daisysmiles4you
03-23-2013, 08:25 PM
I hope it went well! Interviews are awful!

nutsaboutgabe
03-24-2013, 02:31 AM
Thanks for the well wishes ladies. It was stressful but I think it went OK. Of course, afterwards I go over it all in my head and wished I phrased things differently, but we will see. I should know by the 29th.

But for now I have to focus on the interview I have on Tuesday at 2pm. It will be harder, mentally, since I'd prefer a job offer from the place I interviewed with on Friday, but I will put on my happy face and try to impress. haha

GingerScraps
03-24-2013, 03:38 AM
Oh geez, how nerve racking! Good luck barb! And let us know when you find out the news! <3

nutsaboutgabe
03-27-2013, 04:14 PM
Why is getting a new job so stressful!?

Oh I know...it's because I want the best of both worlds. I want to be a stay at home mom, but also a working mom. I feel like I'm having and early life crisis.

By the way, I had an interview yesterday for the second job I applied for so now I just have to wait. According to the hiring mgr for the job I interviewed for yesterday, I am the leading candidate. I only know that because I tried to cancel the interview. I am concerned about getting there for 8am, but he is willing to let me start at 830 if it makes my life easier and asked me to reconsider coming to the interview. I don't want to have a rushed morning, like I used to!

trina513
03-27-2013, 06:23 PM
That sounds promising!! But I can only imagine how nerve wracking it would all be!! Keep us posted!!

nutsaboutgabe
03-28-2013, 09:39 PM
I've come to the realization - I DO NOT want to do the same job I used to do and THAT is the exact reason why I will find any reason to not be happy about getting a job offer. I do not want to do tech support anymore! After 12 years of doing it, I'm tired of technology. I love the people/customer service interaction, but I just don't want to be in that role anymore. I've shifted my focus to finding a new career (and applied for a position today in a different field). It's going to be hard to get a job doing something that I don't have direct industry experience with, but I am hopeful I will be able to do it. If any one has any suggestions...shout them out!!

Colleen
03-28-2013, 11:47 PM
Good luck with things, Barb! :)

NotAVampireLvr
03-29-2013, 03:07 PM
Good luck on your intereview. Praying everything works out... I used to interview people all the time - and honestly I'm not sure if it was worse on them ore me! I was always nervous going into them.

Ricki
03-30-2013, 02:43 AM
Hope I'm not late :) so good luck!

kl.winters
03-30-2013, 07:13 PM
Good luck with your search Barb. I used to work in HR and interviewed people all the time. Trust me, we know you are nervous when you come in, we expect that but just be yourself and your true talents and natural ability will come through. Just take it one question at a time. And remember to smile and make eye contact.

GingerScraps
04-01-2013, 05:36 PM
Wow, brave move Barb!! But that is awesome!! It's never good to stick with something you totally loath doing. But it's so hard to break out when it's the only thinks you have experience doing. I admire you for going for it!!

Keep us posted.