PDA

View Full Version : Netflix streaming recommendations?

GingerScraps
03-12-2013, 10:02 AM
Do you have Netflix? Or amazon prime, or Hulu?

I finished American Horror Story, Weeds, The Riches, and I'm looking for a new show to start :)

I'm in season 3 of Sunny in Philadelphia .... Oh my goodness, I love that show!! It is so funny!

Do you have a favorite show on one of the streaming services?

prettyingreen
03-12-2013, 12:18 PM
well True Blood is a good one, Once Upon a Time, and I'm not sure if Game of Thrones is on steaming yet but thats a good one too, hummm thats all thats coming to mind right now those are my DVR shows lol oh and Sons of Anarchery
I like Dramas lol they suck me in and then i cant wait for the next week to see what happens

oh a new one Girls

mamaape
03-12-2013, 02:39 PM
I have Netflix and Hulu, for different purposes. Netflix is good for past shows or previous seasons and some good movies, new and old. It's also fantastic for kids programming. Hulu is great for current on-air television and hard to find television (I love, like LOVE LOVE LOVE, foreign dramas so while Netflix has some, Hulu's selection is wider).

I've watched SO MANY seasons of shows on Netflix I can't even list them all, LOL! Supernatural, Doctor Who, Sherlock are three big ones I basically ignored reality for while watching from start to finish. HA!

You might like Breaking Bad, I haven't watched it but my husband LOVES that show. I don't get into a lot of prime time dramas, etc. but I know BB is good, and my husband and I have watched all of How I Met Your Mother which is brilliant.

Netflix is also my favorite for documentaries, if you like that sort of thing I can recommend quite a few.

Harmonystar
03-12-2013, 03:04 PM
I have Netflix
Lets see I watched all of Buffy and Angel (again since I actually watched them when they were new as well back in the day)
Doctor Who, Psych, White Collar, Teen Wolf, Robin Hood, Merlin,
Hubby and I are currently watching Kyle XY

mamaape
03-12-2013, 03:11 PM
I have Netflix
Lets see I watched all of Buffy and Angel (again since I actually watched them when they were new as well back in the day)

I forgot Merlin! Yes, BBC's Merlin is good too!!! I like White Collar too, Bones is on Netflix and Castle is on Hulu. I love Castle, but am a couple seasons behind. Falling behind doesn't bother me too much because then I just going on watching-sprees eventually. :)

missdamsel
03-12-2013, 03:19 PM
When I was working from home before we moved, I watched LOTS of Netflix (8 hours a day!!) I watched Drop Dead Diva, Grays Anatomy, Bones, How I met your Mother, Once Upon a Time, Scrubs, Monk, Desperate Housewives, and who knows what else has been added. :)

Sarah
03-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Star Trek! The serieses!
That's what I've been doing :D
Drop Dead Diva
Army Wives
Psych
In Plain Sight

muldrs
03-12-2013, 06:39 PM
We have amazon prime and LOVE it! I don't know if I could ever get rid of it. Its not as expensive at netflix and you get 20% off diapers and free 2 day shipping. The last series I just got through was season 1 & 2 of Downton Abby and I loved it!

MamaCake
03-12-2013, 08:59 PM
Prison Break!

GingerScraps
03-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Oh so many good suggestions!!
You all me mentioned a ton that I have also watched.
I LOVED Supernatural!! I even own that one on DVD ;)
Gray's anatomy of course, and breaking bad too.

But I have never seen a bunch of the ones you all suggested too! So whoot!! Gonna go look at some of them tonight!

Oh you should check out an older show called Life, it's really good. I found it on Netflix, it was only 2 seasons, but I really enjoyed that one!

Ambelleina
03-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Ginger, I officially love you even more because you watched The Riches. I LOVE THAT SHOW!!!

Breaking Bad is AMAZING and if you liked Weeds and The Riches, you'll love BB, too.

I just started House of Cards on Netflix and it is YUMMY! It's that exclusive to Netflix series and so far, it is greatness. Mmmm, Kevin Spacey! ;)

Ambelleina
03-13-2013, 01:51 AM
PS--Here are two very good reasons to watch House of Cards:

http://d1oi7t5trwfj5d.cloudfront.net/3f/940f3038da11e29c5422000a1d0930/file/house-of-cards-kevin-spacey-image.jpg

and

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130203131645/house-of-cards/images/4/4b/Peter_Russo.jpg

DROOL DROOL DROOL!

daisysmiles4you
03-15-2013, 01:15 AM
My friend gave me a month of Netflix because she's convinced that I'd love Psych. I do. :( I might have to keep getting netflix now. I need a longer HDMI cable first. I was browsing and kinda want to check out some more Quincy Morgan - an oldtime crime drama we used to watch in reruns many years ago. I'm not sure what else.

StarWarsFans
03-15-2013, 02:05 AM
I have Netflix

Everything she said! I also like Warehouse 13 and Eureka.

GingerScraps
03-15-2013, 08:59 PM
Tina, I started House of Cards today.... It's really good so far!

Sorry to burst your bubble but, I think Kevin spacey is lookin OLD. Lol
He's an amazing actor tough!!

Ambelleina
03-16-2013, 01:29 AM
Tina, I started House of Cards today.... It's really good so far!

Sorry to burst your bubble but, I think Kevin spacey is lookin OLD. Lol
He's an amazing actor tough!!

It's AWEsome and it gets better. I'm excited you're watching it because no else I know would appreciate it!

He is looking old in this show (and looks like they put a lot of makeup on him to make him a tanned South Carolina boy!), but he is still supersexy! ;)

Oh yeah, and a good actor. hehe

mom2triplets04
03-19-2013, 02:42 AM
I have netflix too and I watched Gray's Anatomy all the way from season one to now. I also watched switched at birth and now watching it currently. Revenge season 1. I'm now watching Raising Hope which is quite funny but only can watch when kids aren't allowed because of the language.

prettyingreen
03-19-2013, 04:21 PM
so i mentioned Girls, i just finished up the 2nd season, and OMG i was crying it was so cute!

Isabel
03-20-2013, 01:47 PM
We have Netflix and just discovered that we also have hulu. I don't watch tv very often, so don't use it. However, my kids LOVE netflix.

strettel
03-20-2013, 04:15 PM
I just started watching The Walking Dead, but I have Sons of Anarchy on my list too. Enjoy :)

GingerScraps
04-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Tina, I finished House of Cards.... LOVED it!!! Can't wait for season 2!!

Rachel, I will have to check out Girls, I have never heard of that one :)

GingerScraps
04-01-2013, 05:49 PM
I just started watching The Walking Dead, but I have Sons of Anarchy on my list too. Enjoy :)

I LOVE Walking Dead!!! The season finally was last night, I have it saved on my DVR, but can't watch it till late tonight when my son is asleep. He is almost 13, but totally freaked out by zombies. Lol