PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic alphas

scrapjrlgcp
03-01-2013, 09:49 PM
I have a quetion about making acrylic alphas...i look for a tutorial online but had no luck :( I got it all figured out until i try a merge the layer style and the the transparent part turns to a cloudy white. i know it is not like that before merging because i put a paper under it and i can see it clearly......any suggestions or links to tutorials would be appreciated!!!! my exact question is how to save it after the style has been applied and adjusted into a transparent png file??
thanks so much for any help

GingerScraps
04-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Maybe you should post this in the chit chat area... Designers will typically not read this "help" section, because it is usually just site admin type issues.

I have not designed in such a long time... I'm no help with this one :)

missdamsel
04-09-2013, 10:06 PM
Did you Merge down or merge visible layers? It makes a difference.

I have a quetion about making acrylic alphas...i look for a tutorial online but had no luck :( I got it all figured out until i try a merge the layer style and the the transparent part turns to a cloudy white. i know it is not like that before merging because i put a paper under it and i can see it clearly......any suggestions or links to tutorials would be appreciated!!!! my exact question is how to save it after the style has been applied and adjusted into a transparent png file??
thanks so much for any help

scrapjrlgcp
04-09-2013, 10:20 PM
thanks ladies I figured it out and then never came back to check this..now I cannot even remember what I was doing wrong, but it was something simple :)

msbrad
04-10-2013, 03:05 AM
Glad you figured it out. One way to deal with "clear" elements... is to place the shadow on its own layer. Then 'delete' the shadow from the element.
IF you need more detail, happy to share screen shots and tutorial.
m