PDA

View Full Version : must have apps

cfalbro
03-01-2013, 03:54 AM
I'm new to the smart phone world. I have the super cool Nexus 4. what are the must have apps?

Sarah
03-01-2013, 05:28 AM
INSTAGRAM

Seriously, only app that matters in the world ;)

Otherwise, I only use mainly the social media apps: Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, and G+

charmedeebob
03-01-2013, 07:40 AM
Bloglovin is awesome to follow your fave blogs.
Tapatalk to follow your forums like GS :)
I have Wikipedia to look stuff up when I'm bored or can't sleep lol.
Flipboard for reading news etc.
allrecipes for finding something new for dinner :)
My fave stores: Amazon, Target, Rite Aid, Fred Meyer.
My fave restaurants: Dominos, Five
guys, Starbucks.
Urban spoon to find somewhere new to eat out.
Out to Eat to find where kids eat free that night lol.
Run keeper to track your distance and pace for exercise.
MyFitnessPal for food diary.
Sound Hound to find what the name of the song is that you're listening to.
Drync Wine to keep track of a good wine you've drank (like a wine diary)
Photobucket, Shutterfly, Flickr.
Evernote.
In case you hadn't guessed, I use my phone a LOT. :) hope that helps!

GingerScraps
03-01-2013, 09:56 AM
Oh man... I'm an app junkie!

I agree with a lot of the above suggestions!
I also love Ruzzle- it's a word game I'm addicted to! My name is GingerPinger if ya wanna play me :) I'm not that good, but I still think it's fun!

If you want free ringtones get Zedge- it is the one app that I REALLY miss. It's not available for iPhones.

I also love Pinterest :)

There are a lot of cool apps for 365 photos or daily gratitude photos/ journal.

Oh and there are apps that give you free apps daily. One called free app a day, free app magic, app o day, and app gratis. They are cool to check daily to see if there are some good free ones.

There is a GS app, but honestly it needs updated pretty bad. I wish it were easy to update myself, but it's not, so it ends up getting super outdated.

Have fun with your new phone!!

I could go on and on... Lol, I just love apps :)

missdamsel
03-01-2013, 01:29 PM
any of the with friends games (words, hanging,Matching and Gems) - I am missdamsel
and the with biddies games (Dice, bubble galaxy, Jewels) - I am missdamsel

Draw free

Ruby Blast and of of the all popular Candy Crush

If you like the games let me know I have a huge list of fun ones! Wish I had more time to play them!

violamoni
03-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Vine, Pinterest, Flickr, Instagram, FruitNinja, What'sAp :)

daisysmiles4you
03-01-2013, 05:04 PM
kindle, nook, and aldiko (for my baen books). weatherbug (I got the elite version free from the amazon app store - that's a good thing to get as well. They do one paid app for free a day) MLB At Bat (and yes I upgrade - I want to hear all the games and the radio signal in the building I work in sucks. plus I get all spring training games. And I work when the games are one) Getglue and goodreads are good if you use those sites. I use aCar to track car stuff. Slacker radio, iHeart radio, radio.com, amazon mp3 player, google music, along with the Klove and Pittsbugh Penguins app. I use Mighty Grocery for grocery lists and love it. I also use espn sports center (which they finally got working again) to track my teams games and scores. I think that's everything that hasn't already been mentioned.

cfalbro
03-01-2013, 05:54 PM
Wow!! You all are awesome!! I'm getting some great ideas! I can hardly wait to check these out. Thank you all so much : )

GingerScraps
03-02-2013, 04:04 AM
Well I'm getting a few good ideas too :) Missi... and anyone else.. tell me your fav games! :)

Like like your top 5 most addictive app games :)

cfalbro
03-03-2013, 04:30 AM
Oh man... I'm an app junkie!

I agree with a lot of the above suggestions!
I also love Ruzzle- it's a word game I'm addicted to! My name is GingerPinger if ya wanna play me :) I'm not that good, but I still think it's fun!

If you want free ringtones get Zedge- it is the one app that I REALLY miss. It's not available for iPhones.

I also love Pinterest :)

There are a lot of cool apps for 365 photos or daily gratitude photos/ journal.

Oh and there are apps that give you free apps daily. One called free app a day, free app magic, app o day, and app gratis. They are cool to check daily to see if there are some good free ones.

There is a GS app, but honestly it needs updated pretty bad. I wish it were easy to update myself, but it's not, so it ends up getting super outdated.

Have fun with your new phone!!

I could go on and on... Lol, I just love apps :)

Hey Ginger, which 360 apps are you using?

wanda
03-03-2013, 03:14 PM
Definitely playing Ruzzle with Ginger! I love it! I don't really use other apps except Twitter and Instagram and sports apps to follow my favorite teams.
I'm wandapearcy if you wanna play Ruzzle with me!

Twin Mom Scraps
03-03-2013, 07:11 PM
I love word games....how have I never heard of ruzzle before now?

wanda
03-03-2013, 07:12 PM
I don't know, Rebecca! It's my favorite kind - where you find all the words in a grid, like Boggle or something.

StarWarsFans
03-07-2013, 04:12 AM
My favorite Apps are Netflix, Forum Runner, Pandora, iHeartRadio, Facebook, and Pixlr.

webdesignmom
03-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Hey Missi, I play words with friends. If you ever want to play, I'm cardlady43.

missdamsel
03-11-2013, 06:24 AM
Hey guys I just saw this on Pinterest: http://www.dailycandy.com/everywhere/article/132960/Artkive-Mobile-Appvwink=DC:Email:EDIT:KSF:20120821:5:795724:40

I thought this would be great for you ladies with younger kids! :)

mom2triplets04
03-19-2013, 02:31 AM
Well I'm getting a few good ideas too :) Missi... and anyone else.. tell me your fav games! :)

Like like your top 5 most addictive app games :)

HAY DAY (total time sucker!)
Words with friends
dice free

mom2triplets04
03-19-2013, 02:36 AM
cameraTimer (this is awesome to take photos of yourself or with kids)
goodreads
QRReader
Tango (just got this to chat with my sis so I don't spend money on texting)
waze (GPS for my car)

Lisa
04-24-2013, 05:52 PM
FX Photo Studio for iPhone and iPad is free for a limited time. It's a great one, great it quick! :)

missdamsel
04-24-2013, 06:54 PM
I just saw this and started a game with you! Hope you don't cream me!!

I just started Hay Day a few days ago!! OMGosh!! Total time sucker and so addicting!!!

Hey Missi, I play words with friends. If you ever want to play, I'm cardlady43.

cfalbro
04-24-2013, 07:57 PM
I just saw this and started a game with you! Hope you don't cream me!!

I just started Hay Day a few days ago!! OMGosh!! Total time sucker and so addicting!!!
Is hay day not for android?

cfalbro
04-24-2013, 08:04 PM
What about farm story? Anyone playing that one?