PDA

View Full Version : Sinus Sufferers-Long Term Sinusitus (NOT SPAM)

Jacque
01-25-2013, 07:49 PM
I was going to pm this to Lydia and then i realized how many people have said they have the same issues but have been avoiding surgery...so wanted to share this with YOU or if u have family members.

so many people know that i have SEVERE sinus issues. i have had 2 surgeries already (first one was horrible but second one i had a better dr. and was relatively easy) I live in a never ending spiral of sinus headaches/ ear pain/ throat pain etc. i am also allergic to ALL pain meds (opiates) and recently had a severe reaction to SUCCS (succsycolyne (SP) which is one of the drugs used to knock your butt out. i pretty much live on antibiotics which is NOT good. yes i do all the things both medically and naturally like the netti pot (which is awesome) but i was born with extremely small sinus passages (hereditary) and have allergies.

so was at the ENT yesterday (and for now on antibiotics again UNTIL...) while he won't discuss what we are going to do just yet...we r waiting for sinus CT since its been over 3 yrs since my last one (and he also has to see if my deviated septum has gotten to the point of needing fixing) but we will be doing some things for this just not sure of the direction YET.

i have heard many of u say u or a loved one needed but were putting it off due to pain, packing etc. first their is a newer surgery that does not need packing and is virtually pain free (this was my last one 2 yrs ago) while this surgery is MOSTLY permanent...there r times where u can get scar tissue (specially if this is something your body does like mine) or they can fall etc.

so i wanted to share this with you. it is something we r looking into...and while i was given the brief info i wanted to share the website with u. it is a balloon they place in your sinuses where needed and inflated. it is the same as the balloons they use for clogged arteries. it is easy, painfree, and done under local anethsia in the dr's office USUALLY...and u can usually resume regular activities the same DAY! so if u have been putting this off...check it out. i am not a sponsor and get no money...i just know the suffering and being afraid of the older procedures.

http://www.sinussurgeryoptions.com/?utm_source=URL&utm_medium=Brochure&utm_campaign=ALL

Tree City
01-25-2013, 08:15 PM
wait, have you had this done? It sounds like you want to get this but haven't? (I was trying to follow your post but DD is running around screaming. *sigh*) If this helps snoring then I'll have DH do it lol! :) He has sinus issues, so if a balloon up his sniffer would stop the snoring then I'd be one happy wife!

Jacque
01-25-2013, 08:27 PM
no i have not done it yet...BUT depending on the outcome of my tests (basically if i don't have to have the septum fixed) i probably will be. there is a test on the site (basic of course) to see if u r a candidate but he would have to see an ENT. but when my allergies r acting up i snore horribly and get no sleep at all. so snoring is a symptom unless its sleep apnea/or both. i would definitely check out the site and talk to him about it. its a pretty easy procedure from all i've been told and very effective.

if sleep apnea the snoring comes from the airways of the throat closing instead of sinuses and then that's a different direction all together. DS had this surgery at 17 because he was so young...he also had a uvulectomy (SP) his punching bad in his throat LOL removed as it was so large it laid on his tongue and suffocated him while sleeping among other things. and he was a scrawy lil kid so weight is not the only issue.

truly depends on many things and what part of the body is snoring :)

Tree City
01-28-2013, 01:21 PM
Oh, OK. I think I skipped a sentence in your first post. That's what I get for trying to be on the computer while the kids are running around rotfl. :)
DH probably has sleep apnea. He refuses to do a sleep study (we used to live literally a stop light away from the sleep center! I thought about pretending to take a walk with him and just dragging him into the sleep center lol).
Anyway, let us know how your tests go and if you get it! I'd love to know how easy and effective it really is. :)

Jacque
01-28-2013, 03:45 PM
i'll keep everyone posted. it will probably be a few more rounds of antibiotics first LOL

Jacque
02-12-2013, 03:15 AM
ok so as for the balloons (went to ENT today) apparently i did have one last time (didn't know it) and it just depends if they last long on different things but they ARE much much easier and less painful!)

however, mine did not last but is the least of my issues:

March 15 i have surgery. he will be removing tissue from the sinus cavity under my left cheek bone...on both sinuses between my eyes AND repairing my deviated septum that has gotten so bad is almost completely covering the passage. my other surgeries were minor and basically pain free...however...the septum is different (lot like a nose job cept they won't make me prettier LOL) and is (in dr's words) VERY VERY VERY painful with a much longer recovery time. AND i'm allergic to ALL pain meds cept over the counter...yes i said NO PAIN meds for this surgery. however i do need to breathe and get off antibiotics so i have no choice.

but all that said this will mean one more thing i get fixed and out of the way and onto a normal life so i am NOT complaining...(ok too much LOL)