PDA

View Full Version : A big hello to everyone!

Lakritze
01-15-2013, 02:34 PM
Hi I'm a German living in Connecticut. I cannot decide between traditional and digi scrapping - I like both. So, here I am to experience more of the digi world :36_1_33:

Ambelleina
01-15-2013, 04:48 PM
Hello and welcome to GS! :confetti: So glad you're trying digi scrapping--I love it! For me, it's easier, cleaner and of course, much more cost-efficient! Plus, there's a built-in community you don't get if you paper scrap at home alone. Click a button and boom--a bunch of scrapping girls to chat with or get help from. :)

Make sure you stop by the Welcome Wagon (http://forums.gingerscraps.net/forumdisplay.php?499-The-GingerScraps-Welcome-Wagon) and snag all the freebies our designers have for you! It'll give you lots to play with since you're just starting digi scrapping! We also have a retirement sale (http://store.gingerscraps.net/Retirement-Sale-Jan-15-25/) packed with supercheap goodies in the store right now.

Oh, and definitely play along with some of our challenge (http://forums.gingerscraps.net/forumdisplay.php?459-Challenge-Yourself)s! Doing challenges here at GS is really how I refined my digi scrapping skills and got more into it. :)

Hope to see you around the forum! :multistars:

nutsaboutgabe
01-15-2013, 06:25 PM
Hello and welcome to GingerScraps! I'm in CT as well. I've never paper scrapped, but I enjoy having an "undo" button when it comes to digital scrapbooking!

emscraps
01-15-2013, 07:01 PM
HI there!! Welcome! I came from paper scrapping, did it forever! I still like and miss it, but I make cards and other small goodies when my hands are itching to paper craft.

I started digi-scrapping last July and LOVE it, so easy, and clean. I like to make hybrid items, too. Just print and use over and over, no worrying if the company will discontinue the product or if you have a layout to use the perfect sticker you used last week..lol!!

Definitely start digiscrapping. You can always use it for paper scrapping, too! Gingerscraps have great goodies to try and challenges to help. Such a great place to hang out!!

Tree City
01-15-2013, 07:15 PM
hello and welcome to GingerScraps! :) Let me save you a lot of time with your scissors and glue: DIGITAL SCRAPPING IS BETTER THAN PAPER! lol, j/k! :)

Ricki
01-15-2013, 08:34 PM
Hi and welcome to GS!

Oh definitely, Digi is less of a mess!
Hope you learn to enjoy the happiness of having an undo key :)

AmyP
01-15-2013, 09:30 PM
When I first leaned about digi-scrapping I said "no way." I then decided to try it, and I haven't scrapped a paper page since lol. I intended on doing both, but it just didn't happen. I can scrap a digi-page so much faster, and I don't have to worry about my kids getting into my work space and messing with the trimmers and adhesive.

:) Welcome to GS!!

Lakritze
01-16-2013, 01:47 AM
Thank you so much for the welcome. I think the undo button is my favourite! And the portability of this hobby is awesome :) ...but the missing dirty fingers and the dimension of the finished page is what prevents me from going completely digi - for now!

Lisa
01-16-2013, 01:56 AM
I was a paper scrapper for years but once I went digi ...I never looked back. I still have lots of paper supplies to use up, so now I use them for hybrid projects!

and I forgot to say ...welcome to GingerScraps!

swastinadia
01-18-2013, 01:16 AM
Yay, I agree with YOU! It's always fun to try out different styles and to participate in challenges... Welcomo to GS!

dodgeladee
01-22-2013, 02:09 AM
I did both up until this month... now I am straight digi mostly because I made a HUGE mess. So, I am very thankful to be doing digi!

msbrad
01-22-2013, 02:33 AM
Wecome- I've done "Both" a long time and digi is the way to go! Faster, cheaper and the books weigh less.
PLUS you get to know us!
m

Bekah_E
01-29-2013, 02:20 PM
Welcome! :)

Craft-tastrophic
01-30-2013, 01:56 PM
Welcome to GS!

sparkysgirl
01-30-2013, 11:54 PM
Welcome to GS! I agree about checking out both and deciding for yourself ... but, I'd be REALLY surprised if you aren't addicted to digi in no time flat!

MamaCake
01-31-2013, 04:12 AM
HI! Awesome to have you here, exploring more of the digi world - you picked a great place to start ;)