PDA

View Full Version : *waves* Hi everyone!

daisysmiles4you
01-11-2013, 07:08 PM
I'm Krissy, a 33 year old data entry pharmacy tech from Pittsburgh. I'm brand new to scrapping, but I'm a newly minted Aunt who will basically only see pictures of her nephew for several years so I decided I might as well put the time staring them to good use. And I'm sure I could scrap the fur babies around here. I really am brand new. I'm working on installing the software now (and it's old. I need to update. I tried to start a couple years ago but was laid low by overtime and gluten. Now that everything is once again in more or less working order, I'm determined to do it. (And there is that whole nephew thing...) In my misguided youth (okay, only 10 or so years ago) I did some graphicing but I don't remember any of it. Plus it was with Paint Shop Pro.

As for me, I have a Maine Coon named Penny. I read, am a wannabe knitter, and am trying to learn to cook (especially to cook gluten free). I am also, as I'm sure you can tell, very much on the wordy side. I look forward to getting to know you all (except Sarah - I already know her :winking0071:) and *finally* learning to scrap!

Jacque
01-11-2013, 07:53 PM
well welcome miss krissy! u couldn't find a better place in digiland to get started! (and i don't say this lightly...i came here because of how wonderful everyone was and now i'm stuck...i'm hooked ;) )

please please please ask questions whenever u need to. all of these ladies myself included will help u...from software to how-did-u-do-that to photography. this site isn't just about selling stuff...its about making friendships :)

to get u started if sarah didn't tell u...please go to the Welcome Wagon (http://forums.gingerscraps.net/forumdisplay.php?499-The-GingerScraps-Welcome-Wagon) where u will find lots of FREE mini kits to get u started. this way u can start on challenges which is the very bestest way to get to learn. some u get tutorials, others more free kits, and u get to look at what others have done as inspiration. not to mention u get free stuff for participating (see Challenge Yourself (http://forums.gingerscraps.net/forumdisplay.php?459-Challenge-Yourself)...specifically the Cookie Jar with instructions)

digi scrapping is a great way to preserve your memories whether just online or having them printed and some of us do a LOT of fur baby scrapping! know that templates r JUST A STARTING POINT!!! u can use them as is or change stuff around. again...ask questions and have fun :)

btw...its also addicting...both scrapping and collecting scrap kits :) and dont forget the designers blogs and fb for more freebies :)

Ricki
01-11-2013, 10:30 PM
Hi Krissy and welcome to GS!
Well now, Jaque pretty much spelled it out :)

Hope you enjoy your stay with us!

daisysmiles4you
01-12-2013, 05:36 AM
Thank you both so much! There is so much to do, from learning the ropes of PSE to finding baby and/or boy kits, to learning to do things around the forum, like signatures! All mixed in with my crazy hours and too long days - and I don't even have kids to blame! I'm so excited to be in such a friendly forum! I've already used some of the older posts to get me started...of course, PSE crashed! But at least now I know how to start an image. :D

Sarah
01-12-2013, 06:11 PM
Oh, I see you kept my name out of it!
Hey Krissy! WELCOME!!
<3

and now I'm going to go pass back out because this whatever is kicking my butt :P

chigirl
01-12-2013, 07:10 PM
hi and welcome to gs!!!

msbrad
01-12-2013, 11:04 PM
Hi, Happy you've discovered digi land and Ginger Scraps. Jump in and have fun with us. There is always someone around to assist if needed.
m

dodgeladee
01-13-2013, 12:27 AM
Welcome to GS! Glad to have you!

Jacque
01-13-2013, 02:00 AM
Hi Krissy and welcome to GS!
Well now, Jaque pretty much spelled it out :)

Hope you enjoy your stay with us!

what can i say i got hit by the digi bug and couldn't help myself :)

Ricki
01-13-2013, 12:49 PM
.....how 'bout sending that DB over to me........
:)

AmyP
01-14-2013, 12:08 AM
Hi! It's nice to meet you! If you run out of cute baby nephew photos you should scrap a recipe book of all your gluten free faves!
Welcome to GS!

daisysmiles4you
01-14-2013, 03:19 AM
Neat idea, Amy! I never thought of scrapping things not alive. I'll have to take more food pics, then. :) And I don't know about the digibug, Rikki, but I seem to have lost my creative hat. Maybe when I have some time to look for it!

Ricki
01-14-2013, 10:24 AM
Oh the DB :)
I loose it at times too so you came to the right place, it'll come back real quick :D

daisysmiles4you
01-18-2013, 12:33 AM
Phew! Survived the week. Now I can download programs and look not only for the creative hat but also the digibug! I hate working daylight!

swastinadia
01-18-2013, 01:08 AM
Hi Krissy... I began digi-scrapping when I was 33 too :). And you come to the right place here at GS! I hope you'll have loads of fun learning new stuff and doing some challenges.... WELCOME!

daisysmiles4you
01-18-2013, 03:06 AM
Thanks! I'm looking forward to it! :)

daisysmiles4you
01-20-2013, 06:07 AM
Testing out the siggie...