PDA

View Full Version : to do list

nutsaboutgabe
01-09-2013, 12:52 PM
What's on your to do list today?

I need to finish my cover letter and hopefully by the time I finish it, my current manager will have sent me my letter of recommendation. I don't want to have to ask him if he did it yet...but I'm getting impatient. There are two openings for the IT department in the school district we live in and I want one of them, but applying for both. I'm capable of both, but I'd be happier doing the one that pays less...but fortunate to have the one that pays more.

missdamsel
01-09-2013, 01:08 PM
Hmmmm, I think I may pack (since we move Saturday) but do toe appointment first and the. We shall see!!

Good luck Barabara!!

violamoni
01-09-2013, 01:22 PM
This morning I went to the swimming pool, now I'll have to set up all the things for tomorrow: I'll start a class of press office (I really don't know if this is the correct term in english to translate what I mean....lol), it will take me only one week, full time.

Good luck Barbara!

nutsaboutgabe
01-09-2013, 01:22 PM
Thanks Missi - have fun packing. We moved in July 2012 and I tell ya...I remember the pain like it was yesterday.

prettyingreen
01-09-2013, 01:33 PM
I hope to be feeling better so I can get more house work done and some designing, and later today Ana's dance class starts again

nutsaboutgabe
01-09-2013, 02:39 PM
I hope you're on the mend. I know I was down and out for most of December. I usually only get a "cold" once a year and this year I had that in the summer and then December was unlike anything I've ever had before. I just felt like crud.

I hope to be feeling better so I can get more house work done and some designing, and later today Ana's dance class starts again

Lisa
01-09-2013, 04:09 PM
What's on your to do list today?

I need to finish my cover letter and hopefully by the time I finish it, my current manager will have sent me my letter of recommendation. I don't want to have to ask him if he did it yet...but I'm getting impatient. There are two openings for the IT department in the school district we live in and I want one of them, but applying for both. I'm capable of both, but I'd be happier doing the one that pays less...but fortunate to have the one that pays more.

Wow, just yesterday, after reading your goals post, I thought to myself you should apply at your local school district. We have techs that work full time but most work 6.5 hours a day, 10 months a year and you get the same school breaks as the kids - it's a sweet gig!

Best of luck!

nutsaboutgabe
01-09-2013, 06:08 PM
Lisa, I had been stalking the school district website for a while and I was so excited to see 2 postings pop up. My resume was already up to date but to apply I need to have a cover letter (not a fan), a letter of recommendation (waiting for it from my mgr), my resume (of course, duh!) AND my college transcripts! I have my transcripts somewhere but that was almost 13 years ago so I had to fork out $15 to have them faxed to me so I didn't sprout another gray hair searching for them.

I'm hopeful to get one of the two positions and I'd love a modified schedule like the one you mentioned, but I have no idea what the schedule is like. I'm just hoping to find something I want to do before I don't have a job. Although, I will have 6 months severance if I do not find something on my own before my position is done. As much as I've love to have 6 months of not working, I fear it will be harder to find a job in this economy if I wait.

Wow, just yesterday, after reading your goals post, I thought to myself you should apply at your local school district. We have techs that work full time but most work 6.5 hours a day, 10 months a year and you get the same school breaks as the kids - it's a sweet gig!

Best of luck!

Ambelleina
01-09-2013, 06:30 PM
Superduper good luck wishes and good thoughts being sent your way, Barbara! :D

I have nothing to do today. Cook dinner. And I want to get some Just Dance in. Two more weeks of "nothing to do" before school starts! ^_^

missdamsel
01-09-2013, 06:46 PM
This will be move #3 in 16 months. I am done for a while!!

Thanks Missi - have fun packing. We moved in July 2012 and I tell ya...I remember the pain like it was yesterday.

Colleen
01-09-2013, 06:51 PM
I despise moving! :P I have done so many moves in the past 14 years that it is downright crazy! LOL LOL Including several cross country moves. We are hoping to not move for 3 years. I really don't think that is too much to ask, right?!? ;)

Barbara, I wish you the best of luck!!! :)

Colleen
01-09-2013, 06:55 PM
My to-do list for today?

1. I am hoping to start a few sewing and decorating projects.
2. Go through toys with the kids for donations. We started this, but I want to finish it.
3. Drop off donations. I have two HUGE piles that need to be gone. One in the house. One in the garage.
4. Scrounge up something for dinner from stuff around the house. I do not want to go to the store. ;)
5. It's early release day for my daughter, so I doubt I will get much done. HAHA
6. Start filing taxes. I want them filed before the end of January.
7. Finish taking pictures of the kids' artwork, so I can recycle it.
8. Put away laundry.
9. Finish emptying my photo memory cards.
10. Finish P366.
11. Finish week 1 of P365.

Hmmm - this is more of a week to do list, huh? ;)

nutsaboutgabe
01-09-2013, 07:23 PM
Colleen - I have taken pictures of art work of Gabe's but I haven't thrown out anything. I feel terrible about doing it. Do you do anything with the pictures you've taken?

My to-do list for today?

1. I am hoping to start a few sewing and decorating projects.
2. Go through toys with the kids for donations. We started this, but I want to finish it.
3. Drop off donations. I have two HUGE piles that need to be gone. One in the house. One in the garage.
4. Scrounge up something for dinner from stuff around the house. I do not want to go to the store. ;)
5. It's early release day for my daughter, so I doubt I will get much done. HAHA
6. Start filing taxes. I want them filed before the end of January.
7. Finish taking pictures of the kids' artwork, so I can recycle it.
8. Put away laundry.
9. Finish emptying my photo memory cards.
10. Finish P366.
11. Finish week 1 of P365.

Hmmm - this is more of a week to do list, huh? ;)

Colleen
01-09-2013, 07:38 PM
Colleen - I have taken pictures of art work of Gabe's but I haven't thrown out anything. I feel terrible about doing it. Do you do anything with the pictures you've taken?

Barbara, I have made a couple of scrapbook layouts with them. I do put them all in a folder labeled for time time period. I do it in big chunks of time. It's usually about 6 months or so in a folder. With their current artwork, I will take photos of them holding it to. ;) Oh my gosh - we move so often that I just can't keep it all and justify moving it! I have to admit that I recycle it when the kids aren't in the room otherwise they want to keep it. Even though I tell them we will recycle it when I am taking their pictures with the artwork. lol

I haven't printed the layouts yet because I haven't decided exactly how I am going to do their albums. An album with just artwork? Add it to their regular albums? Make a school album and put it in there? I think I am going to do a school years album though, so I am guess the artwork will end up in there.

I think I might put some on a layout and print one for each of the kids to hang on the wall in the play room. Audrey was asking if we could do that, and I thought it was a cute idea. :)

Whew - I bet you weren't planning on such a long winded response! ;)