PDA

View Full Version : It's Personal

Jacque
11-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Did I get your attention? Hope so. I wanted to post this a bit before I posted some older LO's. As some of u know (since I've told u hehe) my old site closed. At that site I had several of what I consider MY best work. I want to include this in my gallery that I'm hoping to be calling home!

The reason for this post is that over the next few days as I add them (about a dozen) I like to warn people in advance. Most of them are Art Journaling and when I AJ its very very very personal. while there is NOTHING graphic they are deep and emotional and deal with pain, loss, and abuse. For this reason I like to let people know as for some it is way to close to home and something that is very difficult to deal with.

if that is YOU...no judgement...but for a few days just check out any LO's that i post for challenges as they will not deal with anything except my usual attempt at humor :)

Tree City
11-19-2012, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the head's up!

missdamsel
11-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Scrapping can be therapeutic in so many ways. Maybe in your creduts in the gallery you could put a warning.

Something like: Warning, journalling contains personal contents that could be uncomfortable to some people. Or something similar.

Colleen
11-19-2012, 04:35 PM
I agree with Missi! Thanks for giving people a heads up though! :)

Jacque
11-19-2012, 04:54 PM
i actually do add that to my LO's. my main concern is people not knowing me well and sometimes u can read the journaling in the photo and people look at the photo before reading the info. i have never wanted to hurt anyone so i'm just careful. u r right...it is very therapeutic and i never start out to make these LO's they just happen. i make them for me but i share them because i have had so many thank u's for sharing them.

so as i said...just another heads up is all

Ambelleina
11-19-2012, 05:19 PM
:bighug:

Hummie
11-20-2012, 03:21 PM
I did my first art journal page yesterday. I'm glad that there is always something new for me to try. I'll peak at yours.

Jacque
11-20-2012, 03:32 PM
well hoping to get them up eventually. ALL my sites where i could post them have closed and i have to figure out what kits i used....ARRRRGH