PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Sandy...stay safe!

nutsaboutgabe
10-29-2012, 01:55 AM
I just wanted to say to all of my fellow North Eastern US residents/New Englanders to stay safe! I will be praying this crazy storm makes it through without taking anyone's life. I'm in CT and the path has changed way too often and I just have no idea what to expect. I'm as prepared as I think I can be, but I won't do well without power...just saying. (Note - this morning when were at my parents in PA, they lost power because someone hit a poll and took out power for several miles. I was having an internal meltdown and was happy when the power came back on after just 4 hours so I could shower and head back home!)

Hope to see you all online tomorrow!

missdamsel
10-29-2012, 02:19 AM
praying for all in the line of the storm!! Barb, you can come to Nashville and use my power!!

nikkiecole71
10-29-2012, 02:22 AM
Same to you. I'm in Vermont so the wind is the biggest thing for us. I'm about 90% sure we'll lose power. My hubby helps out the park manager some times and he's going to let us use one of his generators if we need to. He doesn't want our granddaughter getting cold. I thought that was sweet of him.

Nickala27
10-29-2012, 04:37 AM
Prayers and thought to all you gals in the path of the Hurricane. Been watching it on the news in Australia and it looks worst then any cyclone we have faced. Stay safe!

Ricki
10-29-2012, 01:56 PM
To all those in the 'path' of Sandy my prayers for safety! From here it looks so scary :(
May G-d be with everyone.

nutsaboutgabe
10-29-2012, 02:00 PM
That was very nice of him Nikkie. I hope you don't need the generator but it's good to have a back up plan just in case.

nutsaboutgabe
10-29-2012, 02:04 PM
I'm more concerned for my family in PA. Most of my family is in northeast PA, but I have a sister who also lives closer to Pittsburgh. You just never know what is going to happen. I do hope the WORST thing to happen is that we lose power, but even then it's not the best scenario.

webdesignmom
10-29-2012, 02:21 PM
Praying for all those in the path of the storm. I'm in North East Ohio and we have already had 2 1/2 days of rain ahead of the storm. The wind is just starting to realy pick up as I type this. We already have a couple thousand people without power in nearby counties. We unfortunately don't have a generator here at my house since we don't expect weather as extreme as this. My kids had school today but I told them both no after school activities today that they were to come home on the bus because I might not be able to go get them. The worse is actually supposed to hit here tonight and tomorrow I guess is what my local news is saying.

3BluEyedBabies
10-29-2012, 05:16 PM
I'm near Reading in PA and starting to get worried. If we lose power, I'm most worried about the basement flooding. Plus, there are two HUGE trees near my house that make me nervous. We do not have a generator or back up heat if we lose electric. Praying we don't! Hope everyone stays safe!

sparkysgirl
10-29-2012, 05:35 PM
I'm in Virginia ... we are ready! We pretty much stay stocked up, so we didn't have to do much to prepare. The main thing was to get the gas cans filled for the generator. I bought a new puzzle to work if the power goes out ...

Y'all stay safe!!!!!

StarWarsFans
10-29-2012, 07:06 PM
Thinking of you all! Be careful!

trina513
10-30-2012, 01:53 AM
Praying you all stay safe!! Check in when you can!!

msbrad
10-30-2012, 02:20 AM
I have family [DD1 + her DH and our DGS1 in maryland] along with many friends as well as extended family members. yes. I am very concerned.
DD1 messaged in FB--somehow... that power is off.
How she messaged...I do not get.
Prayers.
m

extase
10-30-2012, 10:22 AM
I'm french and don't have real friends in USA. BUT i'm thinking about you all by these difficults moments !!

TAKe CARe

webdesignmom
10-30-2012, 03:14 PM
I have family [DD1 + her DH and our DGS1 in maryland] along with many friends as well as extended family members. yes. I am very concerned.
DD1 messaged in FB--somehow... that power is off.
How she messaged...I do not get.
Prayers.
m

If she has a smartphone she could have messaged in FB with her smartphone. I do it all the time.

kl.winters
10-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Oh my the pictures that are just starting to filter in on the news programs are just horrific! Here in Michigan, we received some of the wind and rain but nothing too worrisome. This morning we had off and on sleet for about 6 hours but that has stopped now. I hope and pray we don't have anyone in our community in the path of this devastation. I have 2 creative team members in the Boston area, and 1 in New Jersey so I've been checking in with them and so far, everyone has weathered the storm thank goodness!

nutsaboutgabe
10-31-2012, 06:19 PM
Hope everyone made it through the storm. No problems here or for my family in PA. I know Jodi (statements by jodi) is in NJ and didn't have any damage or loss of power either.