PDA

View Full Version : All Alone Again!

Inspired Designs
09-28-2012, 11:34 PM
Well... It's that time of the year again. The Hubby is gone out of the Province for work. He left today and won't be back until Christmas. :( That means I'm alone at home with the kids, dog, and the cat! I don't mind the Hubby being gone in the daytime but nighttime is another thing all together. Once the kids are in bed, it's sooooo quiet here. All I can hear is the humming of my external hard-drive and my fingers gently clicking on the keyboard. I think I'll make a cup of raspberry tea, curl up with my e-reader and fuzzy blanket, and try to finish off the last few chapters of my book. Tomorrow the kids have a birthday party to attend and on Sunday my parents might be coming over for a visit. That will pass 2 days. What will I do with the other 80ish plus days?

Colleen
09-28-2012, 11:50 PM
I completely feel for you! My husband is always deploying or training to deploy! He has been gone since July 15th! :( However, he gets back in a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear you about the nights being long! I always sleep better with him by my side too.

Good luck! ;)

Sarah
09-29-2012, 12:10 AM
I did a month 4 years ago, and that was with my parents. I never want to do it again. I can't imagine doing it for so long, or so often.

<3

OceanWideDesigns
09-29-2012, 12:58 AM
Aww! I get separation anxiety if DH is away and I have no way to reach him... not as bad as some, but still bad enough that I need prozac :-\ Hang in there!

Ricki
09-29-2012, 04:27 AM
Oh my! I sure hope the days will go by quicker than usual. So hard to be away from them for so long.
[[hugs]]

geswho40
09-29-2012, 04:57 PM
Awwww that's so hard when you have to hold down the fort by yourself with the kids and furkids. I don't know how you all do it. I have never been away from my hubs for more than a week at a time, and I have to admit, I LOVE it, lol, except I don't have anyone to care for except my furbaby and myself, so it's a treat to not have him to pick up after for a short time :) Having said that, I would still hate it for that long, that's just too long! Maybe we can keep you company :)

Inspired Designs
09-29-2012, 09:25 PM
Took the kids to the birthday party today and they had so much fun. It was great. Tonight I'm going to sit down all by myself and watch Twilight and New Moon for about the 10,000th time. lol. Tomorrow night Eclipse and Breaking Dawn Pt. 1. :) Maybe have a glass of wine to relax. :)

sparkysgirl
09-29-2012, 09:31 PM
That sounds like a terrific night to me! Take advantage of the peace and quiet when you can ... that should make it a bit easier to handle the crazy times when they happen. Christmas will be all the more special because he will be back home!

trina513
10-01-2012, 03:08 AM
HUGS!! You can always check in here - we'll do our best to keep you company!!

Angelclaud
10-02-2012, 10:17 AM
Awww, those days or actually nights are quite tough to get through. I don't mind the days too but at night I totally can't sleep well without my hubby. Honestly, I'm kind of like Meg. I get anxious when my hubby's away. Luckily, he hardly ever goes on business trip, etc. though. The most he went away by himself is like 1 week and only twice a year.

OceanWideDesigns
10-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Awww, those days or actually nights are quite tough to get through. I don't mind the days too but at night I totally can't sleep well without my hubby. Honestly, I'm kind of like Meg. I get anxious when my hubby's away. Luckily, he hardly ever goes on business trip, etc. though. The most he went away by himself is like 1 week and only twice a year.

Fortunately I sleep better without him LOL! Because he works the night shift and is only home three nights a week.

I think I'm getting better... Jeff's leaving again for the mountains tomorrow, but I have friends who are taking me out for korean bbq Monday night. So at least I wont be cooped up at home by myself his entire trip. I have an uncle in Indonesia (not by blood... we're his "american" family) who's constantly traveling between here and there - I don't know how his family can handle that. This last trip he brought them with him and announced that he bought a house in LA... so maybe they'll be traveling more often with him!

kl.winters
10-07-2012, 10:00 PM
My sister is in a similar situation. My brother-in-law was a victim of corporate politics a year ago and it took him 6-months to find another job. He landed on his feet with a great job but he's now just outside of Chicago, while my sister and nephew are back in Ohio. They are essentially living apart for a year so my nephew can finish up his senior year of high school. He comes home when he can and has been home just about every weekend during football season but once winter hits, he won't be coming home as much because you just can't count on the weather. They've been living like this since April and it's been hard but I think it will be even harder come winter. As soon as my nephew graduates, they plan on relocating to Illinois but for my sister, it can't come soon enough.

missdamsel
10-08-2012, 02:18 AM
I guess being married to a military guy helped me get used to him not being home. When he flew on presidential airlines he was gone a lot and I learned to deal with being alone. Trips, TDYs, it all trained me well! lol Doesn't bother me too much when he travels now.